Action Jackson

MarlinTheMagician

2 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

This FO is incredible at evaluating DB's. Dane Jackson, Levi, and Benford are all late round/UDFA, Tre is an all pro, and Elam looks like he will be a long term starter at #2.

Excluding The, that is like $45 million worth of corner talent we are getting for $1.79 and a coupon.  Tremendous for the team.  Don't forget Hamlin and Johnson!  

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

This FO is incredible at evaluating DB's. Dane Jackson, Levi, and Benford are all late round/UDFA, Tre is an all pro, and Elam looks like he will be a long term starter at #2.

That's great, now could our FO level-up on our OL and RB talent e v a l?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Excluding The, that is like $45 million worth of corner talent we are getting for $1.79 and a coupon.  Tremendous for the team.  Don't forget Hamlin and Johnson!  

Don't forget Taron Johnson, a 4th rounder.  He could be the best NCB in the league.   His coverage skills AND his tackling ability against the run allow us to stay with 5 DBs even against a heavy offense formation.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

With Tre and Elam being late first rounders at that.  I feel like the secondary is something we won’t ever need to worry about under this regime.  Running backs on the other hand is a different story. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Going to be an absolute dog fight between Dane Jackson and Kaiir Elam for CB2 when Tre White comes back full time.  

Christian Benford is legit as well, but do we really waste his rookie contract as CB depth?  Have to wonder if the Safety transition begins at some point sooner rather than later. 

• Like (+1) 2

I didn’t expect dane to play again this season if ever after that shot. 
I’ll be a fan for life now wherever he plays. There had to be some serious nerves to get back on the field that quickly. Even escaping with no serious injury it had to be scary and traumatic leaving the field that way. Definitely earned my respect. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Going to be interesting to see what RFA Tender the Bills assign Dane come March.

I remember thinking when McD first came here and we were trying to figure out who he would draft in the first round, that he wasn't going to use a first on a DB as in Carolina and other places he made the lower rounds DBs play really well. Then we took Tre lol

10 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Going to be interesting to see what RFA Tender the Bills assign Dane come March.

I'd probably go with 2nd round.  In 2022 this was an extra 1.5M in cap space vs original round, that shouldn't be too hard to find and keeps us deep at an important position.  

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Jackson has played really well this year. It will be interesting to see what happens when Tre comes back. If he is fully healthy, the other starting corner spot is Jackson's to lose, but Elam has been quietly getting better and better. And Benford should return in a few weeks and continue to improve, as well.

Regardless of who the other starting corner is, they will all see the field.

By mid season, this secondary could be better than ever, even without Hyde.

With Jackson, Benford, Elam, T. Johnson, And Tre back healthy with Hyde out. Do we run some kind of D that only utilizes 1 safety? Keep Elam and Tre on islands where everyone else plays a zone? 

sorry, don’t know defensive schemes here besides genealogies. Is this something they think about? Could have 5 solid corners that all could be considered starters in this league. 

1 hour ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Shout out to Dane Jackson.  Humble and hungry, he didn't miss a beat.  I liked Levi, loved his story and was sad to see him go, but Dane is better.  Best Jackson we have had since Fred.  Put some respect on the name.

birdman-respeck.gif

18 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I'd probably go with 2nd round.  In 2022 this was an extra 1.5M in cap space vs original round, that shouldn't be too hard to find and keeps us deep at an important position.  

I can agree he is worth a 2nd round especially if the plan is that Benford moves to S.  

Hate to see Poyer go but that is probably going to happen.  J Johnson is an UFA, and I don't know what will happen with him.

The 2023 projections are:

Original Round - $2.6M

2nd Round - $4.3M

1st Round - $6M

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.