Anybody hear Josh raving about Singletary?

eball

1 hour ago, eball said:

Here's the quote:

“I can't rave enough about what he is, who he is and what he does for this team,” Allen said after his team’s rain-soaked, 23-20 victory against the Baltimore Ravens. “I urge everybody that's watching football, if you're a young kid, if you're in college, whatever, you turn on Devin Singletary tape and you watch him, how he sprints to the ball, whether he's got it or not. He's downfield picking guys up, he's doing everything right in practice. He's running 50-60 yards, getting in the end zone and coming right back and running another play.

“The dude, all he knows is work and that's why his name is ‘Motor’ and he lives up to the name. I can go on and on about what's type of person he is. I freaking love the kid.”

Motor is 2nd on the team in receptions.  He's a huge part of the team's success on offense..."consistent running game" be damned.

I heard it on the radio Sunday but love it even more reading it.

I'm good with Singletary but we need another running back to rotate with him 50/50. One with speed.

For some reason Beane just can't seem to find it. Thought Cook was a horrible pick at the time and it's looking like I was right about that.

• Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Thought Cook was a horrible pick at the time and it's looking like I was right about that.

I'm really hoping it's just rookie season jitters or something.  I loved the pick and don't want to be wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

With the quality, or lack thereof, of the run blocking it's unfair to make judgments about the backs on this team.  For myself, when I see any of the backs currently on the roster have an actual hole to run through they run hard and gain yards.  There has to be some push upfront.    

Short yardage situations are concerning and they were a concern last year too.  I thought Saffold was supposed to help in that area (run blocking).  I haven't noticed that they run to his side on short yardage, but have no info on that.  This short yardage run problem has to be fixed before playoff time.    

Edited by JimmyNoodles
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm so sick of watching Moss ram into the OL for negative or 0 yards. at least with singletary there is a chance for positive yards. I think at this point moss has been given a fair shot and just isn't panning out, which is too bad because he was a beast at Utah. Trade moss for future picks and let Duke get a crack at being the backup.

Josh said almost the exact same thing about Moss:

"I guess I'll try to say a little about what he is, who he is and what he does for this team,” Allen said after his team’s rain-soaked, 23-20 victory against the Baltimore Ravens. “I urge everybody that's watching football, if you're a young kid, if you're in college, whatever, you turn on Zack Moss tape and you watch him, how he plods to the ball, whether he's got it or not. He rarely makes it downfield, so he's not picking guys up like Devin, but he's fairly adequate at chip blocks and pass pro in practice. He's running 1-2 yards, mostly in the backfield, and coming right back and running another 1-2 yards on his next carry.

“The dude, all he does is remain stationary and that's why his name is ‘Moss’ and he lives up to the name. I can go on and on about the type of person he is, but you see the tape each week. I just try to endure the moments when the kid is in the game.”

Edited by TheBrownBear
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, eball said:

I'm really hoping it's just rookie season jitters or something.  I loved the pick and don't want to be wrong.

Fumbling your first carry for a coach who has benched vets for ball security issues in the past probably has it's own process to get through before being trusted again. Hopefully the Bills get out to a big lead in some upcoming games and he gets some meaningful carries to build his confidence back up.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bruffalo said:

He's the worst #2 RB in the NFL, I seriously believe that.  I want to see Cook get touches, we are going into 5 games into the season and he's had what? 15 snaps?  That's unacceptable for a 2nd round RB.  KC has a 7th rounder out there grinding away. 

Idk how y’all can blame a running back when we have had the worst run blocking in the league by a mile this season. The kc offensive line is so far ahead of how our offensive line has been playing so far…cook or moss would be running wild for the chiefs right now 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Idk how y’all can blame a running back when we have had the worst run blocking in the league by a mile this season. The kc offensive line is so far ahead of how our offensive line has been playing so far…cook or moss would be running wild for the chiefs right now 

The offensive line being bad is why I want Cook in.  Let him use his speed to get outside.  And yes, we've had bad run blocking so it isn't all on Moss, but Singletary has looked significantly better with the same line. 

14 minutes ago, transient said:

Fumbling your first carry for a coach who has benched vets for ball security issues in the past probably has it's own process to get through before being trusted again. Hopefully the Bills get out to a big lead in some upcoming games and he gets some meaningful carries to build his confidence back up.

Dropping two room service screen passes didn't help.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

The offensive line being bad is why I want Cook in.  Let him use his speed to get outside.  And yes, we've had bad run blocking so it isn't all on Moss, but Singletary has looked significantly better with the same line. 

Singletary has crazy wiggle and can make guys miss in tight spaces at a truly elite level.  He's one of the rare guys who can actually produce marginally competent numbers behind this line.  I just went back and watched Moss's college tape.  He had good vision, decent wiggle and really nice power for his size in college.  I was a big fan of his when they drafted him, but he just can't seem to ever find a hole in the pros.  Not sure if the speed is too much for him at this level, but he doesn't look like the same guy to me. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Singletary has crazy wiggle and can make guys miss in tight spaces at a truly elite level.  He's one of the rare guys who can actually produce marginally competent numbers behind this line.  I just went back and watched Moss's college tape.  He had good vision, decent wiggle and really nice power for his size in college.  I was a big fan of his when they drafted him, but he just can't seem to ever find a hole in the pros.  Not sure if the speed is too much for him at this level, but he doesn't look like the same guy to me. 

image.png.417b37552eaeeaf36fbc9f0c9c7da0e8.png

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.