Anybody hear Josh raving about Singletary?

eball

14 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

That makes him average, the only thing he does well is pass block, much like several guys on this team, so again let us know when that great game happens, we all want it to happen,

He Absolutely has above average hands for a running back

His hands are also probably  better than singletarys… He has made good catches

And he’s the best pass blocker on the team as a running back

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 1

What the heck influences some of you guys' take? 

This season has been Moss' most promising season, but you want Cook to be handed the backup spot.

Because of why?

Because he was drafted in the 2nd rd.? 

He's still shown little to warrant him being selected that high.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

While I agree about the short yardage stuff, at same time he has had couple big yard rushing plays here and there. I agree I too prefer motor having majority or touches, but have to disagree with you over Cook in bold, for now at this point that is....

Cook just needs few more games and hopefully has that break out game soon. But as of now, can't put him above Moss

I’ve said moss is capable, I just don’t want to see him anymore.  I understand the vitriol for cook, but we used a 2nd rd pick on the kid.  We aren’t winning the SB in the regular season. I’d rather give him some reps than moss.  Moss may be the better runner right now, but the reps to cook could jumpstart something special

26 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

He doesn't finish runs like Singletary. He doesn't hit the hole on balance. He's just significantly less talented a runner overall.

I feel ya, I agree Devin is the better back... but has Cook shown enough at this particular point to take Moss's reps? I can't say that he's there just yet myself

4 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

This season has been Moss' most promising season, but you want Cook to be handed the backup spot.

Because of why?

Correct.  Just as moss has shown nothing to warrant him being drafted in rd 3.  A strong preseason is his best accomplishment. 

I prefer Cook in there so we can see what he has.  Hopefully build some confidence.  He brings something different to the table and could be a real weapon if he can remember how to catch the ball.

i understand why some prefer Moss over cook.  He’s probably the better rusher atm.  I’m just not going to only judge cook on his first 4 games.  I think there’s more and I want to see it

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’ve said moss is capable, I just don’t want to see him anymore.  I understand the vitriol for cook, but we used a 2nd rd pick on the kid.  We aren’t winning the SB in the regular season. I’d rather give him some reps than moss.  Moss may be the better runner right now, but the reps to cook could jumpstart something special

I mean I believe we are in agreement with each other it seems regarding the Moss/Cook reps situation...Lol. 

I just don't feel Moss has been as bad as some seem to think. 

• Like (+1) 1

Zach has an uncanny ability to find defenders and bounce off them... usually backwards. We wanted a bowling ball and got a pin ball.

Devin reminds me of another great Bills back, not real big, strong or fast, but he's pretty elusive, catches the ball well out of the backfield, sets up his blocks well and picks up the blitz like a champ. I'm a fan.

Go Bills!

25 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Because of why?

That's kinda what I was mentioning....Moss hasn't been that bad and didn't understand the amount of frustration. Cook is not an improvement over Moss at this point right now. 

55 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He Absolutely has above average hands for a running back

His hands are also probably  better than singletarys… He has made good catches

And he’s the best pass blocker on the team as a running back

Okay then, 

51 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

I'm not a Moss hater, but how has this been his "most promising season?"  Outside of his one big run, he's averaging around 2.5 ypc.  And his 7 catches have netted a total of 27 yards.  That's the definition of stuck in quicksand, aka late career Frank Gore.  

I thought he flashed at times as a rookie back in 2020 (I'm one who gave him a pass for last season since he was coming off injury), but he just looks bigger and slower to me now than he was back in college and in 2020.  

Having said all that, I'm still okay with him receiving reps over Cook based on what we've seen from Cook so far.  I at least trust Moss not to make negative plays.

7 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Okay then, 

He had 6 catches on 6 targets week 1 

Including a crucial conversion where he was dead to rights and shook the guy off and picked up the first

Nobody’s saying he’s an all pro… But he has value protecting Allen and being reliable 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He had 6 catches on 6 targets week 1 

Including a crucial conversion where he was dead to rights and shook the guy off and picked up the first

Nobody’s saying he’s an all pro… But he has value protecting Allen and being reliable 

To me Moss is average and as of late a bit disappointing, and it is totally fine that you don’t agree with me, how boring would the world be if  everyone always agreed on every aspect of life…

Go Bills!!!

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

I loved it.  Josh is a classy man.  He understands how a team works.  So does McD.  Way classier than how this board views the team.  I mean why did this instantly turn into a bash Moss thread. 

Don’t worry, someone will find a way to bash Edmunds instead soon enough. 😀

13 hours ago, eball said:

Here's the quote:

“I can't rave enough about what he is, who he is and what he does for this team,” Allen said after his team’s rain-soaked, 23-20 victory against the Baltimore Ravens. “I urge everybody that's watching football, if you're a young kid, if you're in college, whatever, you turn on Devin Singletary tape and you watch him, how he sprints to the ball, whether he's got it or not. He's downfield picking guys up, he's doing everything right in practice. He's running 50-60 yards, getting in the end zone and coming right back and running another play.

“The dude, all he knows is work and that's why his name is ‘Motor’ and he lives up to the name. I can go on and on about what's type of person he is. I freaking love the kid.”

Motor is 2nd on the team in receptions.  He's a huge part of the team's success on offense..."consistent running game" be damned.

We have a running game. It just often starts with a short pass to open things up.  It is effective, but I really wish they would stop taking Singletary out as often as they do. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.