Anybody hear Josh raving about Singletary?

eball

6 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

I remember when we lost Moss for the 2020 playoffs it seemed like a big deal, but I can’t remember why. 

I remember when we lost Moss for the 2020 playoffs it seemed like a big deal, but I can’t remember why. 

Maybe if you would have repeated the reason to yourself you would have remembered, Charlie 5 times.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

200.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=b5d770dd3ee0e5c4e

• Haha (+1) 1

A lot of the frustration is a product of our O line.

-New scheme

-New Coach 

-Injuries since training camp

-Bates moved to right guard

-Saffold showing very poorly on the All 22 reports 

-Either go interior O line in the 23 draft or see if this unit can gel & pick up the pieces. 

3 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I’ll say it every week: Give him 12-15 carries a game, a handful of targets, and keep Zach Moss the hell off of my tv screen.

Praising John Goodman GIF by The Righteous Gemstones

He’s a good back.  If we let him go next year and don’t upgrade what we have, we’ll be worse @ RB.  I don’t think cook will ever be more than a really good pass catching back.  As rusher…. Meh.  Get Moss off my TV too.  It’s not all his fault.  He’s capable of playing well.  He’s just got some bad juju or something.  ☮️ 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Was he asked? You think he'd dump all over Moss?

Of course he would never dump on Moss or any team mate for that matter.....however I don't see how one wouldn't have noticed the impact DS has made with many plays recently, especially receiving.

10 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Was he asked? You think he'd dump all over Moss?

No but you asked "what else can he say" about Singletary and I'd say raving about him for 45 seconds out of a 6.5 minute post conference says a lot.

Pretty sure it was the longest answer out of any of the questions.

I agree Devin is an underrated back.  I’d like to see Singletary get more carries and Cook become the clear number 2 back as well with increased load.   Cook is clearly in our future but not sure Moss is.  Utilizing both Singletary and Cook more in our offense would allow us to play them both in similar down situations and not get gamed as much defensively either.  Could literally put out 2-back sets and run motion or have backs move to slot formation because both can catch.  Time to flip this script up a bit.  

Edited by Aurelius

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Praising John Goodman GIF by The Righteous Gemstones

I agree with you guys that Devin should get the bulk of the carries/snaps. Just wondering why so much frustration with Moss, or the amount of frustration I should say?

I mean I get having a little and maybe I'm interpreting it wrong as more frustration that it is, but Moss has had a couple good chunk yardage runs. I guess my question is what exactly about him sticks out the most that bothers you?

As for right now in this particular part of the season, would you rather have Cook over Moss with how Cook has looked as if he's not quite ready just yet? I guess one could argue they'd rather see Duke. Anyways, that said....just curious what is main issue with Moss that makes you feel that amount of frustration?

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

When moss has a great game everybody who is trashing him is gonna look dumb

Do let us know when that happens, 👍

4 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I agree with you guys that Devin should get the bulk of the carries/snaps. Just wondering why so much frustration with Moss, or the amount of frustration I should say?

I mean I get having a little and maybe I'm interpreting it wrong as more frustration that it is, but Moss has had a couple good chunk yardage runs. I guess my question is what exactly about him sticks out the most that bothers you?

As for right now in this particular part of the season, would you rather have Cook over Moss with how Cook has looked as if he's not quite ready just yet? I guess one could argue they'd rather see Duke. Anyways, that said....just curious what is main issue with Moss that makes you feel that amount of frustration?

Can’t really pinpoint why I can’t stand him. Mainly because he was supposed to be a good goal line/short yardage type back.  Yet, I’d rather us hand the ball to motor or cook in almost every situation.  I backed him all preseason and was hoping that he would make strides like motor did in year 3. After 4 games, all I know is that i hope he gets zero carries each week.  Just a hunch of hate

Just now, Don Otreply said:

Do let us know when that happens, 👍

He played plenty of solid games

Our Super Bowl chances literally went out the window when he got hurt two years ago

He doesn’t get enough touches to get into the flow of the game… But he is one of the best pass blocking backs in the NFL that’s a fact… And his hands are above average

That alone makes him a respectable third down back

12 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

He doesn't finish runs like Singletary. He doesn't hit the hole on balance. He's just significantly less talented a runner overall.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He played plenty of solid games

Our Super Bowl chances literally went out the window when he got hurt two years ago

He doesn’t get enough touches to get into the flow of the game… But he is one of the best pass blocking backs in the NFL that’s a fact… And his hands are above average

That alone makes him a respectable third down back

That makes him average, the only thing he does well is pass block, much like several guys on this team, so again let us know when that great game happens, we all want it to happen,

Just now, NewEra said:

Can’t really pinpoint why I can’t stand him. Mainly because he was supposed to be a good goal line/short yardage type back.  Yet, I’d rather us hand the ball to motor or cook in almost every situation.  I backed him all preseason and was hoping that he would make strides like motor did in year 3. After 4 games, all I know is that i hope he gets zero carries each week.  Just a hunch of hate

While I agree about the short yardage stuff, at same time he has had couple big yard rushing plays here and there. I agree I too prefer motor having majority or touches, but have to disagree with you over Cook in bold, for now at this point that is....

Cook just needs few more games and hopefully has that break out game soon. But as of now, can't put him above Moss

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.