Anybody hear Josh raving about Singletary?

eball

Here's the quote:

“I can't rave enough about what he is, who he is and what he does for this team,” Allen said after his team’s rain-soaked, 23-20 victory against the Baltimore Ravens. “I urge everybody that's watching football, if you're a young kid, if you're in college, whatever, you turn on Devin Singletary tape and you watch him, how he sprints to the ball, whether he's got it or not. He's downfield picking guys up, he's doing everything right in practice. He's running 50-60 yards, getting in the end zone and coming right back and running another play.

“The dude, all he knows is work and that's why his name is ‘Motor’ and he lives up to the name. I can go on and on about what's type of person he is. I freaking love the kid.”

Motor is 2nd on the team in receptions.  He's a huge part of the team's success on offense..."consistent running game" be damned.

• Like (+1) 18
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Every game we have times where Devin starts to cook and then is rested the very next drive. Motor is a better runner, receiver, and blocker and we need him out there. This idea that he needs to rest every other drive is so frustrating, let him get a feel for the game like we did at the end of last season when he was tearing it up

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, eball said:

@Kirby Jackson and I were talking about this at the Miami game.  Moss really doesn't belong on an NFL field...at least not with this offense.

I think Zach Moss was drafted to be Mark Ingram. What we got is Mark Ingram... if he was suddenly stripped of any and all field vision.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JustHewIt said:

Every game we have times where Devin starts to cook and then is rested the very next drive. Motor is a better runner, receiver, and blocker and we need him out there. This idea that he needs to rest every other drive is so frustrating, let him get a feel for the game like we did at the end of last season when he was tearing it up

I think I read he had over 80% share of snap count this week, so seems like they are getting the message.  I think Singletary is playing well, I would love to see them try to get Cook some carries, and let him get into some rythym as well.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, eball said:

@Kirby Jackson and I were talking about this at the Miami game.  Moss really doesn't belong on an NFL field...at least not with this offense.

Every single team in the league has a RB of Moss’ caliber on their practice squad. There’s nothing special about him. He’s a fringe NFL player at best really.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It was a rough week for everyone catching and holding onto the ball , except for Diggs but he's a freak, Singletary has been solid.

Diggs had a ball go right through his hands at the goalline which would have been an easy TD...I believe right before McKenzie scored,  so he wasn't immune.  He made up for it with that ridiculous leaping catch by the sidelines on the last drive tho.

I specifically remember that play because I was like...damn, now even Diggs is having balls go through his hands on wide open catches??  It really isn't our day.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, eball said:

Here's the quote:

“I can't rave enough about what he is, who he is and what he does for this team,” Allen said after his team’s rain-soaked, 23-20 victory against the Baltimore Ravens. “I urge everybody that's watching football, if you're a young kid, if you're in college, whatever, you turn on Devin Singletary tape and you watch him, how he sprints to the ball, whether he's got it or not. He's downfield picking guys up, he's doing everything right in practice. He's running 50-60 yards, getting in the end zone and coming right back and running another play.

“The dude, all he knows is work and that's why his name is ‘Motor’ and he lives up to the name. I can go on and on about what's type of person he is. I freaking love the kid.”

Motor is 2nd on the team in receptions.  He's a huge part of the team's success on offense..."consistent running game" be damned.

I believe Motor is a Bills type of player & for the most part usually has good numbers through out the year when he's used in these games but PLEASE Beane get rid of Moss never have & never will be a fan of the pick or his play he has only showed besides his rookie year to have 1 play a game .

Besides he's not a change of pace back he & Motor are basically the same size & they have used him in the power type back mode and he just doesn't have the size to be that guy they need a back with more junk in the trunk say around 225 to 230 lbs & 6' tall AJ Dillon type & i think the ground game or short yardage game would be much better for it ...

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Every single team in the league has a RB of Moss’ caliber on their practice squad. There’s nothing special about him. He’s a fringe NFL player at best really.

He's the worst #2 RB in the NFL, I seriously believe that.  I want to see Cook get touches, we are going into 5 games into the season and he's had what? 15 snaps?  That's unacceptable for a 2nd round RB.  KC has a 7th rounder out there grinding away. 

• Like (+1) 2

It's become pretty clear that Devin Singletary needs to be the bell cow back going forward.

Let Cook be the change of pace and, at times, third down back. 

If you want a third back active, call up Duke Johnson.

I've seen enough of Zack Moss. I've been a huge supporter of his and have been adamant that this would be a big comeback year for him, but I'm ready to take the L. Zack Moss is a walking one yard carry. Opposing defenses must be absolutely PRAYING that the Bills take the ball out of Josh Allen's hands to give it to Zack Moss.

Singletary FTW, Cook to give him breathers, and Duke as a reliable third option. Trade Moss for a bag of Doritos or a 2029 seventh round pick, I don't care.

• Like (+1) 6

The Bills struggles running the ball are well known but I thought we moved it on the ground well in the second half. Singletary had a run really nice runs both on a pitch and up the middle. Josh had some really effective scrambles up the middle. You can even add in the screen plays has running-extensions.

Hopefully we have figured something out there moving forward. I would love to get back to throwing downfield like we did in weeks 1 & 2.

32 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It was a rough week for everyone catching and holding onto the ball , except for Diggs but he's a freak, Singletary has been solid.

Even Diggs had a ball go through his hands at the goal line. I don't think anyone was immune from at least one play where they didn't catch or hold on to the ball

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.