Baldy's only breakdown of Sunday's game - all JPo

JÂy RÛßeÒ

The awareness on Poyer, in the middle of the end zone, to see a wide open guy in the back corner and dead sprint to him just in time to make the pick, then hold onto it?!?!  Similar to Micah's playoff pick against the patriots* - Spectacular.   And I had forgotten about that breakup earlier to force the punt leading to the first touchdown drive.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

The awareness on Poyer, in the middle of the end zone, to see a wide open guy in the back corner and dead sprint to him just in time to make the pick, then hold onto it?!?!  Spectacular.   And I had forgotten about that breakup earlier.

The way he spins around and then dead sprints to where Duvernay is, was remarkable...it was almost like he saw it late and was like "OH SH*!!!!" and got over there just as the ball arrived, then not only that, jumped in front of the receiver and held onto the ball while making hard contact and falling to the ground...not an easy play at all to make and just fantastic recognition by him to see him wide open in the corner from right by the goalposts.  

If a person ever asks what type of play do All-Pros make that other players don't?  This would be a great example to show them.  There are not more than 2 or 3 other players in the league that would both have the recognition and the ability to make that play and then not only that, but finish it with an INT.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

The awareness on Poyer, in the middle of the end zone, to see a wide open guy in the back corner and dead sprint to him just in time to make the pick, then hold onto it?!?!  Similar to Micah's playoff pick against the patriots* - Spectacular.   And I had forgotten about that breakup earlier to force the punt leading to the first touchdown drive.

Yup 👍 and folk don’t want to pay him, he has easily three good seasons left, I for one would like to see him on the Bills for the next three years,

Go Bills!!!

47 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Lol, the "breakup" was a non-called DPI, but we will not quibble.  They didn't call the blatant holding against Shaq and Groot on 4th down either....

I don't see it that way.  The DB has an equal right to make a play on the ball, and Poyer flies in going after the ball.

There was a bunch of uncalled DPI in this game against our own WR

Edited by Beck Water

52 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Yup 👍 and folk don’t want to pay him, he has easily three good seasons left, I for one would like to see him on the Bills for the next three years,

Go Bills!!!

It's not that we don't want to pay him... He's a great player and seems like a great person.  If there was no salary cap, I'd want Pegula to make it rain..

There is a salary cap though.. and he's a Safety.  We have threads to Pay Po and Tremane must Remain... ok, cool..  and those same people will be making Green Bay/Aaron Rodgers comparisons if we continue to rely on JA to be the entire Offense due to cap constraints from a Defense that apparently needs elite talent at every position. 

Just now, SCBills said:

It's not that we don't want to pay him... He's a great player and seems like a great person.  If there was no salary cap, I'd want Pegula to make it rain..

There is a salary cap though.. and he's a Safety.  We have threads to Pay Po and Tremane must Remain... ok, cool..  and those same people will be making Green Bay/Aaron Rodgers comparisons if we continue to rely on JA to be the entire Offense due to cap constraints from a Defense that apparently needs elite talent at every position. 

I get what you’re saying, what we can do is have just one of Poyer or Hyde, this same thought/principle can be applied to other position groups, preserving vet knowledge while reducing overall costs, institutional knowledge is important when bring up the new players, they in turn become the next generation of vet with the knowledge that was passed to them, and so on it goes…, 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.