Tremaine Must Remain

MarlinTheMagician

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Pay no attention to what your eyes see every game.  Just trust that Edmunds is doing exactly what he's being asked to do and try to understand that all of his missed tackles and blocks are by design and that Edmunds is the main reason the rest of the defense is so good.

Watch the All-22, then let's talk.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

I watch both.  And I am not talking about Joe B.  Cover 1 does exceptional breakdowns and several other players and/or coaches break down his importance to the Bills pass D.  

And unless you are watching All-22 film you wouldn't be able to see what I am referencing.

You should edit that post about five more times to make a better case.

Absolute credit where it is due, he has been playing great this year. Great to finally see. Caveat: Behind the new, revamped DL.

And that caveat makes me wonder if he is even more replaceable now. If he is playing so much better due to the DL, why couldn't someone else who isnt demanding $15M/yr play that spot atan equal level, or even just down to his level last year (but for $1M/yr, looking at you Terrel Bernard)

5 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

You should edit that post about five more times to make a better case.

Don't need to.  When you watch the appropriate film, let me know and we can talk more. Until then, your opinion is invalid to me.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Ranked 30th in solo tackles and 43rd in assisted tackles. No forced fumbles (have to be initial tackler to force a fumble), no fumble recoveries (isn't around the ball), no tackles for loss, no INT's.  

Yeah he's young, but so is my 23 yr old nephew and he could stand in the defensive backfield and watch the play unfold, grapple with a guard and say he did his job well.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The folk that constantly harp on and on about Edmunds are to be ignored on a regular basis, I mean Hell, our golden boy QB has fumbled far to often every season, our best WRs have dropped TD passes, critiquing them? Sure, whining endlessly? That’s for children…, 

As stated up thread, I’ll be good with Beane’s direction on his future here with the Bills. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

He’s certainly flowing to the ball much better this season than he ever has. I’ve been critical of his play in the past, too many others explained away his shortcomings just as they did with Star Lotuleile (he eats up blockers/takes on double and triple teams/etc), but it’s nice to see he’s playing up to his potential. There’s still much room for improvement as well. That said, I don’t see any way the Bills afford him AND Ed Oliver and if given the choice between the two I’m going with Oliver. He’s been better at 3DT over the course of his career than Edmunds has been at MLB. Maybe we would’ve had the money had Knox not been extended for that eye-opening amount.

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Does that give you a better view of Edmunds taking bad first steps and getting caught in the trash?

Gives you a pretty great view of him pattern matching receivers over the middle of the field and taking them out of the QB's progression.  The obsession about his run D is kinda crazy.  It's a passing league, the Bills have the #1 pass D by miles for the past 2+ years and he is a large part of it.  You can accept this or you don't have to, but if you choose to continue your crusade against him it basically shows you either don't understand football very well or you choose to see what you want to see.

I promise you his contract will reflect the value other teams see him bringing in pass defense and not run defense.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He’s one of the best coverage MLBs in the league and has been for the past couple years. Not only that, but he’s elevated his game and has become much more physical this year. Seems like he’s makes a handful of impact plays a game. I’m so glad they showed patience and now it’s paying off.

And just as important as all of that is his DURABILITY. The guy is iron man. Attendance is just as important as grades.

Milano & Edmunds are an awesome tandem. If he isn’t resigned then I will be very very shocked. Homegrown, durable, and a playmaker at the QB position of defense. 

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, Big Turk said:

Don't need to.  When you watch the appropriate film, let me know and we can talk more. Until then, your opinion is invalid to me.

The fact that continue to edit your posts makes me think you have some reservations about what you're saying.  Tremaine is nothing more than a concrete sculpture in a lavish Italian garden...the landscaper has to mow around it, but once you address that obstacle, the rest is easy. He fills a gap. Great. I want something more from a MLB.

• Eyeroll 1

Most teams hate their MLB… I mentioned in a different thread.. 

Chicago hates Roquan smith and don’t want to pay him. 
Tampa fans were calling David washed up the other night and calling for devin white to only pass rush cause “he sucks in coverage” 

Pittsburgh hates devin bush 

Baltimore is sketchy on Patrick Queen. 
Isaiah Simmons has been getting roasted in Arizona. 
Shaq Leanord can’t even get on the field in Indy without getting hurt. 

Point being we could certainly do worse. And if/when edmunds leaves it’s not a given his replacement is any form of an upgrade. And then people will just flame his replacement and then go after Beane because he didn’t fix the hole left behind. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.