Poyer wins the game

Awwufelloff

21 minutes ago, Ta111 said:

Yes, without the pressure from Lawson and Rousseau it’s likely Jackson has enough time to get the ball to the receiver. While it was a nice recovery by Poyer, without the great pass rush it’s a TD. Complimentary football.

Lawson got pressure in spite of a blatant hold. Hope Poyer is ok. Looked like he was in pain on the bench after his pick. He’s already banged up.

14 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

What happens if Poyer doesnt step into that pass and get the INT? He literally won us that game. Completely different outcome if Ravens get a TD there. At the very best we go to OT after going down the field and getting a TD.

Not taking away from Poyer-  he won the game for us—— but Shaq and Rousseau prevented Lamar from seeing the wide open Duvernay until Poyer could get there.  Shaq beating Faalale on the outside changed the play.  Two game winning end zone interceptions defined the last two wins vs the ravens. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

I would've payed Ed Oliver and or Poyer before Knox

Same here.  Our use of the TE is minimal.  Like the niners paying kittle 17M a year and rarely ever throw to him. 

anyone combing all-22s to see if he’s getting open?  If this is how we plan on using him week to week, we should’ve paid someone else.  Love the guy, but he’s not contributing enough to make 14M aav

5 hours ago, Magox said:

Same can be said of Shaq Lawson, if he doesn't get pressure and cause Lamar to back peddle as much as he did then the throw he has to make doesn't have to go from as far with as lobbed of a throw which most likely means the pass goes for a TD.

Lawson was incredible on that play.  I couldn't see who it was that had him closelined around the neck (LT?), but he literally hauled that guy 5 yds into the backfield while being bent backwards until the guy lost his grip. 

That said Rousseau was also coming hot n heavy.  Lawson made the diff in getting Jackson to backpedal to the R and locking him in onto Duvernay, which Poyer read and jumped.

6 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Sal Capaccio put up the nifty little moving diagram

It's a good question to me who is supposed to be covering Duvernay

Dane Jackson is all alone over there with Andrews and Duvernay, and he's giving most of his attention to Andrews.

Kinda looks like Poyer had him at the 15 second mark.  Taron and Dane both take Andrews, Taron peels off and covers the other TE.  Poyer is the only person in the secondary that isn't covering anyone.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Because he's the best safety we've seen since Henry Jones and he shows no signs of slowing down.  A decent 3 to 4 year deal can be worked out.  Not having him cost us the Miami game.

I was in the stadium for a game and I stood up and started yelling "Ball in the air! Ball in the air! BALL IN THE AIR!" and people around me told me to sit down and shut up.  At that moment Henry Jones turned and tipped the ball away from WR.  He then pointed to stands in our section.  I later met him when he was a guest of our annual tailgate and talked to him.  I talked to him about the play and he said "Yeah I heard ball in the air and turned and prevented the play." I replied "I know. I was the one who shouted that."  He then just pointed at me like he did our section from the field.

Henry Jones was a great safety (although I liked George Wilson better) who made lots of great plays but because he was not a good catcher did not get as much attention as he should.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I was in the stadium for a game and I stood up and started yelling "Ball in the air! Ball in the air! BALL IN THE AIR!" and people around me told me to sit down and shut up.  At that moment Henry Jones turned and tipped the ball away from WR.  He then pointed to stands in our section.  I later met him when he was a guest of our annual tailgate and talked to him.  I talked to him about the play and he said "Yeah I heard ball in the air and turned and prevented the play." I replied "I know. I was the one who shouted that."  He then just pointed at me like he did our section from the field.

Henry Jones was a great safety (although I liked George Wilson better) who made lots of great plays but because he was not a good catcher did not get as much attention as he should.

My story involves Quinn Early.  I had seasons on the home side at the 10 yard line about 15-20 rows up, with Elvis and the tunnel to my lower right.  Bills were marching and on the one.  They got an illegal formation penalty and got backed up to the 6.  More confusion on the next play and the Bills burn a TO.  They come out again, and Quinn lines up on the LOS, only three in the backfield.  I stood up and screamed at the top of my lungs "QUINN...TAKE A STEP BACK!!!"  He looks around, takes a step back, Bills score.  My entire section was laughing their asses off and hitting me on the back.  I never got a chance to ask Quinn about that play though.  Pretty cool you got to talk to Henry Jones about it.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

My story involves Quinn Early.  I had seasons on the home side at the 10 yard line about 15-20 rows up, with Elvis and the tunnel to my lower right.  Bills were marching and on the one.  They got an illegal formation penalty and got backed up to the 6.  More confusion on the next play and the Bills burn a TO.  They come out again, and Quinn lines up on the LOS, only three in the backfield.  I stood up and screamed at the top of my lungs "QUINN...TAKE A STEP BACK!!!"  He looks around, takes a step back, Bills score.  My entire section was laughing their asses off and hitting me on the back.  I never got a chance to ask Quinn about that play though.  Pretty cool you got to talk to Henry Jones about it.

I get to talk to players (and occasionally their agents) occasionally since my name is listed as contact for large Bills Backers group.   Jimmy has charity golf tournaments and a large number of players go there when in town.  It is amazing some of the stuff they remember - not just the Elvises and Cooks but such.  One player told me about a women whose jersey (his number) was too large for her and everytime he was in the section behind bench she would lean down exposing a lot of cleavage and it was very, very obvious that she was bra less. She even left a note on his car once with a picture and phone number.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I get to talk to players (and occasionally their agents) occasionally since my name is listed as contact for large Bills Backers group.   Jimmy has charity golf tournaments and a large number of players go there when in town.  It is amazing some of the stuff they remember - not just the Elvises and Cooks but such.  One player told me about a women whose jersey (his number) was too large for her and everytime he was in the section behind bench she would lean down exposing a lot of cleavage and it was very, very obvious that she was bra less. She even left a note on his car once with a picture and phone number.

Awesome!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.