Kaiir Elam Through 4 Weeks

ArtVandalay

He has benefited from not being the prime target, and having people ahead of him. 

I am in NO WAY saying that is a bad thing. The whole knock on him was that he had incredible measurables but didn't quite know the scheme as well. He's now gotten a few weeks on seasoning and he's not an obvious weak link to target.

Think about this: we have three current starting CBs making less than $1 M a year. Even if Jackson doesn't come back, I feel very good with a Tre White, Benford, Elam, Johnson group

Elam has been doing his 1/11th.  The stats are over blown to say the least.  The really encouraging part, he has been able to stay in the framework and do his job well, more experience is going to continue to help him. The Secondary in general has done better than expected, the improved DL has certainly helped.   Let’s hope the progress continues and there’s nothing to worry about when the playoffs come around.

4 hours ago, BillsFanThru-N-Thru said:

I agree it's early and we should reserve judgment. It's also easier playing CB when you have the defense line playing as solid as it it. But not at see his performance as impressive, there's analysis like this before the Baltimore game....

However, Elam didn't claim a starting role out of the gate, instead splitting time in the opener with sixth-round pick Christian Benford.

"They both had good training camps for us," defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier said before Week 1, per Grace Heidinger of the team's official website. "We'll mix it up in the ballgame and see how things are going as the game goes on."

The fact that Elam couldn't cleanly beat out a sixth-round rookie was concerning, as has Elam's play thus far. He has allowed 10 receptions on 14 targets and an opposing passer rating of 111.6 in coverage.

Elam finally started in Week 3, and he may have to start moving forward, as Benford suffered a broken hand in the loss to Miami. Hopefully, he'll perform better than he has to this point.

Grade: D+

grade D+? where did you copy paste this pile of garbage?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

:nana:   😝 

Fast forward to 1 minute mark

I wouldn't have blinked at Salyer in the 3rd. Amazing he dropped to the 6th. 

4 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Think about this: we have three current starting CBs making less than $1 M a year. Even if Jackson doesn't come back, I feel very good with a Tre White, Benford, Elam, Johnson group

Is Jackson going somewhere? He played the whole game Sunday, and was noticeably good.

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Um the chiefs online blocks on a whole different level than Buffalo’s sadly. It’s a problem for us…..

Yeah it was watching that guy (Pacheco) which had my light bulb flickering "OK he looks really good...but maybe the KC OL has something to do with this"

5 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Is Jackson going somewhere? He played the whole game Sunday, and was noticeably good.

Aaaaand he's signed for another year

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

I wouldn't have blinked at Salyer in the 3rd. Amazing he dropped to the 6th. 

Next year. Though I got my dates wrong. He's an Executive Rights FA meaning we can make a minimum offer and he has to take it. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.