Kaiir Elam Through 4 Weeks

ArtVandalay

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

KC being able to run like that on Tampa told me all I needed to know.  

Tampa was checked out and they aren't close to healthy on offense.  Oline is a mess and they couldn't run at all. 

KC was fired up off a bad loss.  

Tampa was sleep walking.  

I 100% agree with this message :D

3 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Out of curiosity for those of you who have really zoned in on his play, why aren't teams targeting him?

Is he getting a lot of safety help his way?

Or is he truly just shutting people down with blanket coverage ?

Regardless, extremely impressive, but I just find it odd teams aren't challenging a rookie more.

I think a lot of success of our backend is also due to the ferocious pass rush that our front four are generating.  This should not be forgotten. 

47 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

KC being able to run like that on Tampa told me all I needed to know.  

Tampa was checked out and they aren't close to healthy on offense.  Oline is a mess and they couldn't run at all. 

KC was fired up off a bad loss.  

Tampa was sleep walking.  

WHat does this have to do with "Kair Elam after 4 weeks" 😞

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

You’re right he’s better much easier to find running backs then it is shut down corners

The Chiefs rolled out a running back last night that looked fantastic and he was a late round pick

We had one of those to in Blackshear but we didn't add him to the 53 man so he is gone now 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

KC was certainly impressive.  Mahomes is making his case he’s a still the best QB even without Tyreek.  

I do think the whole hurricane thing had a negative effect on TB…. But Mahomes deserves all the credit.  Special performance 

Yeah, all of KC looked great!  I sure hope we get Ed and Jordan back over the next two weeks. I think we need them to try and slow down Mahomes a lot…..

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

It's only one game, but last night I was in awe of their offense. Hopefully, the Bill's can beat the Chiefs. 

I was too.  And yet the week before, Indy bottled them up.  They always say it’s a week to week league and the Chiefs in the last two weeks are a good example of that.  That Bills-Chiefs game in two weeks is going to be so over hyped.  

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Mango said:

He is playing well, and I am super pleased with his progress. But maybe we pump the brakes on the "on another level". Most of his time on the field the first two weeks was clean up duty when the game was won. And the last two weeks were Tua's 18 drop backs and the super rainy Baltimore game. 

He can certainly become a stud. But maybe we wait for a little bit larger sample size. 

Except Weeks 1 and 2 - Elam and Benford were switching off every 2 series to give each guy time throughout the game.

It was not mop up snaps in the 4th - he was out there at different points throughout the game.

Sal - said the plan was to rotate them giving them both time to get acquainted and help switch things up so they could not get easily targeted.

I would hold off a bit because the Rams and Titans do not have great WRs, but the Miami game both he and Benford held up well against true WRs and a questionable QB.  

The Baltimore game I thought he held up well - Andrews (a lot of Taron), Duverny, Bateman, and Robinson are all legitimate receiving threats and they had in previous games attacked a lot down field getting guys open and He and Dane held up well.

KC will be a different kind of test, but at this point I am very happy with the games Elam has shown.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Except Weeks 1 and 2 - Elam and Benford were switching off every 2 series to give each guy time throughout the game.

It was not mop up snaps in the 4th - he was out there at different points throughout the game.

Sal - said the plan was to rotate them giving them both time to get acquainted and help switch things up so they could not get easily targeted.

I would hold off a bit because the Rams and Titans do not have great WRs, but the Miami game both he and Benford held up well against true WRs and a questionable QB.  

The Baltimore game I thought he held up well - Andrews (a lot of Taron), Duverny, Bateman, and Robinson are all legitimate receiving threats and they had in previous games attacked a lot down field getting guys open and He and Dane held up well.

KC will be a different kind of test, but at this point I am very happy with the games Elam has shown.

we should have tre back for the KC game. I think Tre in there with elam and our pass rush will give KC headaches

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I’m sure Elam will have a moment like Tre White versus AJ Green but there’s nothing wrong with that as long as he learns from it. 

He’s made a very promising start and I can’t wait to see what the back end of the D will be like once White returns alongside the D line improvement. 

• Agree 2

Not really the place for it but wasn't sure where else to put it... after struggling against Miami Jaquan Johnson has lost his status as safety #3. Damar Hamlin played 100% of the snaps alongside Poyer against the Ravens. That might, a little bit, be a style thing. I think Jaquan is more a box player and that is usually where Jordan plays but they played a fair amount of cover 2 on Sunday and it was always Damar and Jordan. 

I feel a bit for Jaquan because he is a good kid, has worked his ass off since he has been here, played well his one start last year but we know for guys like him in the NFL when your moment comes you have to take it. If you miss it you rarely get a re-do. He missed the mark against the Dolphins and Damar has now passed him on the depth chart. In terms of the long game think that is good news for the Bills because Damar has two more years on his rookie deal whereas Johnson is a free agent next March. So if Hamlin can prove himself this season and we lose Jordan next year then maybe we don't need to use a premium asset this spring to find a starting safety?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, No_Matter_What said:

I am afraid that we won't see White at least until after bye, but it will be really interesting to watch what happens on the other side when he comes back. Will it be Elam or Jackson?

My guess is Elam.

Think initially they will have White on a pitch count. They will ramp him up through his first 3 or 4 games back so you will see plenty of both Elam and Jackson. So the question might be where do they feel Kaiir is by about week 11 for the stretch run. 

• Agree 4

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Think initially they will have White on a pitch count. They will ramp him up through his first 3 or 4 games back so you will see plenty of both Elam and Jackson. So the question might be where do they feel Kaiir is by about week 11 for the stretch run. 

That makes sense. But at the end of the day when White is fully ready to go the decision needs to be made. Like you said it should be plenty of time to evaluate them both by then. I just hope that Elam beats Jackson since he surely has higher ceiling and we need to keep on hitting our top end guys.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.