Kaiir Elam Through 4 Weeks

ArtVandalay

Out of curiosity for those of you who have really zoned in on his play, why aren't teams targeting him?

Is he getting a lot of safety help his way?

Or is he truly just shutting people down with blanket coverage ?

Regardless, extremely impressive, but I just find it odd teams aren't challenging a rookie more.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Never understood the fret about him at the beginning of the season he was playing well in the preseason too and he’s only gonna get better

I think people were wrongly reading into how ready and impressive Christian Benford was as a 7th Round pick and translating it into Kaiir Elam being unimpressive instead of thinking we drafted not one, but two good CB's.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

He has played really well-obviously he will get tested against KC, but he has definitely looked the part…although he’s no Breece Hall 😉😂

You’re right he’s better much easier to find running backs then it is shut down corners

The Chiefs rolled out a running back last night that looked fantastic and he was a late round pick

• Agree 2

He is playing well, and I am super pleased with his progress. But maybe we pump the brakes on the "on another level". Most of his time on the field the first two weeks was clean up duty when the game was won. And the last two weeks were Tua's 18 drop backs and the super rainy Baltimore game. 

He can certainly become a stud. But maybe we wait for a little bit larger sample size. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

31 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Out of curiosity for those of you who have really zoned in on his play, why aren't teams targeting him?

Regardless, extremely impressive, but I just find it odd teams aren't challenging a rookie more.

We usually roll out 2-deep safeties so yes both our corners get help, but they are playing well too.

I think the Bills hit on these two.

They have both had clean breakups and a few close dpi's. Elam is more physical when playing press and coming up in run support. Benford is smooth and natural mirroring receivers in and out of breaks.

I can get teams avoiding the deeper shots with our safeties back there, but think the real testament is how often teams to prefer to attack Taron in the slot than test our two young DBs underneath. 

That whole secondary did a great job of bottling both Hill and Waddle who excel at taking quick short/intermediate passes and turning them into long gainers.

When we get White back Frazier is going to have some options.

• Like (+1) 4

56 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You’re right he’s better much easier to find running backs then it is shut down corners

The Chiefs rolled out a running back last night that looked fantastic and he was a late round pick

Um the chiefs online blocks on a whole different level than Buffalo’s sadly. It’s a problem for us…..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

The Chiefs offense was at another level vs the Bucs. They just shredded an excellent defense. They were able to gash them on the run which is really hard to do against the Bucs. Mahomes was fantastic moving, improvising, and spread the ball around. Reid with his goal line plays were unique and successful. 

I thought the Cheifs were going to take a step back without Hill. It's only one game, but last night I was in awe of their offense. Hopefully, the Bill's can beat the Chiefs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I think people were wrongly reading into how ready and impressive Christian Benford was as a 7th Round pick and translating it into Kaiir Elam being unimpressive instead of thinking we drafted not one, but two good CB's.

6th round pick?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

The Chiefs offense was at another level vs the Bucs. They just shredded an excellent defense. They were able to gash them on the run which is really hard to do against the Bucs. Mahomes was fantastic moving, improvising, and spread the ball around. Reid with his goal line plays were unique and successful. 

I thought the Cheifs were going to take a step back without Hill. It's only one game, but last night I was in awe of their offense. Hopefully, the Bill's can beat the Chiefs. 

We're seeing prime Mahomes now. There was a stretch last year where it seemed like Josh was leaving him in the dust but right now Pat is locked in. 

It's a bit surprising that he looks so great right away with Hill gone and they didn't need time to figure it out and get going. I think some of the chatter from Hill and some of the expectations from observers lit a fire under him. He's on a mission.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

I think our defensive line is making everyone on defense better. They are not letting teams run and they are getting pressure and sacks consistently. The back 7 get to do their jobs without unreasonable expectations of long periods of time needed to cover a receiver.  I have no doubt he's playing very well, but the line play and the  scheme design by Frazier are exceptional.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

We're seeing prime Mahomes now. There was a stretch last year where it seemed like Josh was leaving him in the dust but right now Pat is locked in. 

It's a bit surprising that he looks so great right away with Hill gone and they didn't need time to figure it out and get going. I think some of the chatter from Hill and some of the expectations from observers lit a fire under him. He's on a mission.

I think it's going to be mahomes V Allen for the foreseeable future, with burrow being the Philip rivers of the group 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

KC was certainly impressive.  Mahomes is making his case he’s a still the best QB even without Tyreek.  

I do think the whole hurricane thing had a negative effect on TB…. But Mahomes deserves all the credit.  Special performance 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.