Now is the time we need Cook to start playing well

Orlando Tim

9 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

Our WR core is shredded and Cook needs to stop making a few plays so that we can use him as our slot guy and move Shakir to the outside. Cook has been overwhelming so far but I truly have high expectations for him. 

English your 2nd language?

8 hours ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

How many drives should he be allowed to kill with his drops?

As many as Zach Moss

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

They all have proven track records, Cook does not.  He needs to make that catch when given the opportunity, and then he’ll get more chances.

He needs to become a weapon and productive player as other options are gone from injury. What’s Moss’s track record besides averaging 1yard on 1st down carries?  Holding back this rookie is not in the best interest of the team. Benching a player on a rainy day where even your best receiver had drops is poor planning from the coaching staff.

• Vomit 1

7 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

You trade the f up when you can get a stud in a SB run year - especially when your top RB will be a UFA

We could have drafted everyone we did plus Breece in RD 2 or late RD 1.  Would have cost a 2nd maybe in 2023.  And this year's 2nd.  

Absolutely. I would have easily made moves to secure Hall. Pretty sad when a 5th round pick Shakir is playing better than Cook. 

Seen about enough of Moss, so I would like to see few more reps for Cook and activation of Duke to see what he can do.  Seems Moss does not have enough vision, quickness or speed.  He is supposed to be a hammer, but he does not seem to excel in picking up short yardage.  Activate Duke for a couple games and see if he can bring some juice, get Cook a little more involved too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Seen about enough of Moss, so I would like to see few more reps for Cook and activation of Duke to see what he can do.  Seems Moss does not have enough vision, quickness or speed.  He is supposed to be a hammer, but he does not seem to excel in picking up short yardage.  Activate Duke for a couple games and see if he can bring some juice, get Cook a little more involved too.

I agree about bringing up Duke from the practice squad. I want Cook to be "the guy" but he's clearly not ready. The NFL game looks to big and fast for him. The Bills are in win it all mode. I think Cook doesn't advance us in this category. Moss just is not the answer. I think he's replaceable. Duke has experience and can catch the ball out of the backfield. I think he might be the second best back the Bills have. Sure he's not great but I think he can contribute more than Cook and Moss. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

With all the WR injuries and pressure packages they are bringing against Josh, it's time to get Cook the ball in space and make DCs account for his speed. Screens and slants to him are what we could use right now. If my option is a Moss three and out series, I'll opt for Cook's ceiling and speed. 

30 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Absolutely. I would have easily made moves to secure Hall. Pretty sad when a 5th round pick Shakir is playing better than Cook. 

Hall is averaging 44 yards per game rushing and 28 yards passing per game.

He's not lighting it up lol.  

8 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

You trade the f up when you can get a stud in a SB run year - especially when your top RB will be a UFA

We could have drafted everyone we did plus Breece in RD 2 or late RD 1.  Would have cost a 2nd maybe in 2023.  And this year's 2nd.  

44 yards per game rushing.

28 yards per game in pass receiving.  

Not impressive.

• Disagree 1

8 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Can we not confuse fantasy stats with real life?  The "already has 15 receptions and 27 targets" is not a good stat for actual football.  It's good for fantasy though - he gets targets meaning PPR.  However, he's a running back securing 55% of targets, where 90% of them occur at the LOS.  He has 5 recorded drops in 4 games, and also lost a fumble.  Let's not act like we wouldn't be frustrated as hell with all of that.

I'm sure he's played fine - just not sure he is the answer to all that ails this team. 

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue

15 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I agree about bringing up Duke from the practice squad. I want Cook to be "the guy" but he's clearly not ready. The NFL game looks to big and fast for him. The Bills are in win it all mode. I think Cook doesn't advance us in this category. Moss just is not the answer. I think he's replaceable. Duke has experience and can catch the ball out of the backfield. I think he might be the second best back the Bills have. Sure he's not great but I think he can contribute more than Cook and Moss. 

Yes. Moss should be inactive. Wouldn't mind giving Duke Johnson a try 

• Like (+1) 1

I just want to see some ENERGY outta the guy.  He reminds me of my orange cat, Cooper, who expends no more energy than is absolutely needed.   Slow to the huddle.  Slow to the sidelines.  His longer stride looks.....slow.  Maybe it's deceptive.  My orange cat can really motor......when it wants to.  But it really really has to want to.  If riding the pine does not light a fire under this guy, maybe a ton of reps will?  What will motivate this guy to start playing like he did in college?

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Not impressive.

Considering he’s getting half the attempts and playing with an Oline worse than ours that’s an accomplishment. 

5 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I didn't have high hopes in the kid but thought his production would of been much better. good example of a player struggling to make that transition to the next level. he had a pretty good career with georgia.

still some time to see if he can play to his highest potential?

It's only been 4 games for the rookie. I would hope so.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Not impressive.

He's been splitting with Carter

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.