Now is the time we need Cook to start playing well

Orlando Tim

58 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Our WR core is shredded and Cook needs to stop making a few plays so that we can use him as our slot guy and move Shakir to the outside. Cook has been overwhelming so far but I truly have high expectations for him. 

Underwhelming....but you're right he needs to step it up.

6 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

They should definitely be splitting him out wide and using him as check down option or decoy. Try and get him going a little bit with all the injuries at WR.

Agreed.  2 of the 4 games he’s botched his 1st touch which basically ends his day 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

He needs touches you can’t just give him one rep and he makes a mistake and then you put him in the doghouse for the rest of the game he had to go back to him

Singletary had the exact same drop plus a fumble. You can’t bring the kid along an expect him to grow and get confidence using him this way. It’s a big mistake, we need some production from him, not going to get it this way.

5 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

How many drives should he be allowed to kill with his drops?

Diggs dropped a sure touchdown, Singletary dropped the same pass and fumbled, Davis had a couple drops, Crowder dropped a few. If we benched everyone who had a drop we wouldn’t have had anyone to throw to…

Edited by Meatloaf63
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Singletary had the exact same drop plus a fumble. You can’t bring the kid along an expect him to grow and get confidence using him this way. It’s a big mistake, we need some production from him, not going to get it this way.

Diggs dropped a sure touchdown, Singletary dropped the same pass and fumbled, Davis had a couple drops, Crowder dropped a few. If we benched everyone who had a drop we wouldn’t have had anyone to throw to…

They all have proven track records, Cook does not.  He needs to make that catch when given the opportunity, and then he’ll get more chances.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

He needs touches you can’t just give him one rep and he makes a mistake and then you put him in the doghouse for the rest of the game he had to go back to him

I mean it's the NFL. There's no warm up period in games. When your number is called you either make the play or ride the bench. They aren't giving him a lot of snaps presumably because he isn't proving he's worthy of them in practice, and certainly not on gameday. Personally I'm getting kind of sick of him. He played on the national stage at Georgia, his biggest strength supposedly was catching the football, he plays the easiest position to acclimate to the pros, and still he is totally flopping. All I wanted for the offense this offseason was a good pass catching RB with dynamic ball carrying traits and it's hard to be worse than James Cook has been in that role. It's the McKittrick curse!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I think if we could block for them we would find out they are not the problem. They could be quite capable given a shot behind a better line. 

Until Singletary stops missing cutback lines the size of Texas, I think it’s fair for the blame to be shared between the O-Line and Running Backs equally.

25 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I mean it's the NFL. There's no warm up period in games. When your number is called you either make the play or ride the bench. They aren't giving him a lot of snaps presumably because he isn't proving he's worthy of them in practice, and certainly not on gameday. Personally I'm getting kind of sick of him. He played on the national stage at Georgia, his biggest strength supposedly was catching the football, he plays the easiest position to acclimate to the pros, and still he is totally flopping. All I wanted for the offense this offseason was a good pass catching RB with dynamic ball carrying traits and it's hard to be worse than James Cook has been in that role. It's the McKittrick Reggie Bush curse!

FTFY.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

How many drives should Moss be allowed to get one yard on..... and kill the drive?

Risk vs Reward

None.  The difference being that Cook should continue to at least be given a chance, whereas Moss should not.  Cook needs to execute when given the opportunity, or he will rightfully continue to be limited.

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

You trade the f up when you can get a stud in a SB run year - especially when your top RB will be a UFA

We could have drafted everyone we did plus Breece in RD 2 or late RD 1.  Would have cost a 2nd maybe in 2023.  And this year's 2nd.  

We would not have gotten Elam  Which I shouldn’t have to remind you would be a disaster given all of the injuries tre not back yet  And the fact that he is holding down the starting position on the number one defense in the league

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

You trade the f up when you can get a stud in a SB run year - especially when your top RB will be a UFA

We could have drafted everyone we did plus Breece in RD 2 or late RD 1.  Would have cost a 2nd maybe in 2023.  And this year's 2nd.  

The bills didn’t think it was worth it and why should day they’re doing better than the Jets

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Should have taken him in the first but oh well had to draft defense 

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.