Now is the time we need Cook to start playing well

Orlando Tim

11 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Ok someone tell him 

Should we vote or something first? 

1 minute ago, pigpen65 said:

It's definitely time to stop wasting 3 GameDay roster spots to RB's. Two of them ain't doing ***** and the lead rusher is always the QB anyways. Dress more receivers and DB's. 

I think if we could block for them we would find out they are not the problem. They could be quite capable given a shot behind a better line. 

• Like (+1) 3

He's had a rough go for the most part with his very limited opportunities.  But I think that's most of the problem.....he's not getting a real opportunity.  Backs thrive on touches and getting into a rhythm, picking up blocking tendencies of the line, and getting a feel for how defenses are playing you.  Because he only gets a couple snaps a game, it is impossible to settle in and get into a groove.  So, he gets on the field, presses because he wants to do something meaningful with his 1 or 2 touches, and in turn makes mistakes. 

I would love for the staff to just tell him going into a game that he's going to get multiple full series in a row and not just a random play once in a while.  Unfortunately, I don't see this staff doing that.  Our best hope to get anything out of him is to get up big and allow him to come in and get some real work and almost be unstoppable in that time to force the staff to give him more playing time.  Honestly, I feel bad for the kid because I think he just needs a real chance to show what he can do.

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, sven233 said:

He's had a rough go for the most part with his very limited opportunities.  But I think that's most of the problem.....he's not getting a real opportunity.  Running Backs thrive on touches and getting into a rhythm and picking up blocking tendencies of the line and getting a feel for how defenses are playing you.  Because he only gets a couple snaps a game, it is impossible to settle in and get into a groove.  So, he gets on the field, presses because he wants to do something meaningful with his 1 or 2 touches, and in turn makes mistakes. 

I would love for the staff to just tell him going into a game that he's going to get multiple full series in a row and not just a random play once in a while.  Unfortunately, I don't see this staff doing that.  Our best hope to get anything out of him is to get up big and allow him to come in and get some real work and almost be unstoppable in that time to force the staff to give him more playing time.  Honestly, I feel bad for the kid because I think he just needs a real chance to show what he can do.

This week might be that opportunity.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.