Division Realignment by Mascot

ArtVandalay

2 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

And yet Cincy is the one the plays in Paul Brown stadium lol

Paul Brown was the Owner/ President of the Bengals from 1968-1991.

If it's Football and in Ohio, it is related to Paul Brown in some way.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

He started the Bengals too. 

If I remember correctly he did it because he was upset with how he left the browns?

6 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

Paul Brown was the Owner/ President of the Bengals from 1968-1991.

If it's Football and in Ohio, it is related to Paul Brown in some way.

Yep, still amusing that the team name of the Browns has to go on the road and play in his stadium to me. Why the disagree on my comment though?

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, chongli said:

Commanders and Vikings need to switch.

Rams and Cowboys should switch. Your Cowboys and Bears is good too.

Also, for Browns, I think of Cleveland, which also means "Guardians", so they are a peacekeeper. But, yeah, "Peacekeepers" is weird.

Like i said originally i believe we contracted 4 teams or had a few divisions with 5. Peacekeepers is a bunch of spare parts. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

The Browns won four NFL championships in the 50s and 60s.

The old AAC games between the Bills and the Browns are historic, although there are few alive who still remember them. Otto Graham vs George Ratterman. I hope they do not become completely lost to history because it still burns my a$$ that the NFL chose the Browns, 49ers and Colts but left the Bills holding their ****. Please look it up. The box scores are still available online.

We wouldn't be where we are today without those old 1940s AAC teams.

Date  Game  Res  Home  Road  Record

August 31, 1947  New York Yankees 24 at Buffalo Bills 28  W  1-0-0  0-0-0  1-0-0

September 5, 1947  Buffalo Bills 14 at Cleveland Browns 30  L  1-0-0  0-1-0  1-1-0

September 14, 1947  Chicago Rockets 20 at Buffalo Bills 28  W  2-0-0  0-1-0  2-1-0

September 19, 1947  Buffalo Bills 31 at Chicago Rockets 14  W  2-0-0  1-1-0  3-1-0

September 28, 1947  San Francisco 49ers 41 at Buffalo Bills 24  L  2-1-0  1-1-0  3-2-0

October 5, 1947  Buffalo Bills 27 at Los Angeles Dons 25  W  2-1-0  2-1-0  4-2-0

October 12, 1947  Baltimore Colts 15 at Buffalo Bills 20  W  3-1-0  2-1-0  5-2-0

October 17, 1947  Buffalo Bills 14 at Brooklyn Dodgers 14  T  3-1-0  2-1-1  5-2-1

October 26, 1947  Brooklyn Dodgers 7 at Buffalo Bills 35  W  4-1-0  2-1-1  6-2-1

November 2, 1947  Cleveland Browns 28 at Buffalo Bills 7  L  4-2-0  2-1-1  6-3-1

November 9, 1947  Los Angeles Dons 0 at Buffalo Bills 25  W  5-2-0  2-1-1  7-3-1

November 23, 1947  Buffalo Bills 33 at Baltimore Colts 14  W  5-2-0  3-1-1  8-3-1

November 30, 1947  Buffalo Bills 13 at New York Yankees 35  L  5-2-0  3-2-1  8-4-1

December 7, 1947  Buffalo Bills 21 at San Francisco 49ers 21  T  5-2-0  3-2-2  8-4-2

Edited by clayboy54
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

If I remember correctly he did it because he was upset with how he left the browns?

Yep, still amusing that the team name of the Browns has to go on the road and play in his stadium to me. Why the disagree on my comment though?

Misunderstood the irony of your post. Should have seen it from a mile away! 🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

Large Feline Division: Bengals, Jags, Lions, Panthers

Other Large Mammal Division: Colts, Broncos, Bears, Rams

Avian Division: Ravens, Eagles, Falcons, Cardinals

Seafaring Division: Dolphins, Vikings, Bucs, Seahawks

Industrial Division: Jets, Steelers, Chargers, Packers

Wild West Division: Texans, Raiders, Cowboys, 49ers

Executive Division: Titans, Chiefs, Commanders, Giants

Important Individuals Division: Bills, Patriots, Browns, Saints

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

He started the Bengals too. 

It’s funnier than that. Paul Brown went to Massillon HS and his first head coaching job was there. Their team is called the Tigers and their colors are orange and black. In Cleveland, they named the team after him and used orange as the primary color and switched out the black for brown because the team was called the Browns. Then he leaves Cleveland after a dispute with new owner Art Modell and founds an AFL team in Cincinnati. He calls them another word for tiger and uses orange and black as the team colors. And the original Bengals helmet was just an orange helmet that said Bengals on it. So, Paul Brown is one of the great innovators in football history but was not innovative at all in naming teams or designing uniforms. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

Like i said originally i believe we contracted 4 teams or had a few divisions with 5. Peacekeepers is a bunch of spare parts. 

Yeah, you made a great attempt. It's hard to fit all the teams exactly into four divisions. Very creative thinking. Much better than I would have done.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.