Division Realignment by Mascot

ArtVandalay

At lunch at work one day me and a buddy realigned the NFL by mascot. To the best of my recollection this is it, the Peacekeepers division was the most difficult trying to fit the spare parts in without scattering them to other divisions leaving odd numbers. Originally i think we contracted the Dolphins, Browns, Saints, Jets.

WILD WEST

Cowboys

Bills

Chiefs

Redskins

RODEO

Broncos

Colts 

Bears

Rams

PREDATOR

Bengals

Jaguars

Lions

Panthers

POULTRY

Falcons

Ravens

Eagles

Seahawks

INDUSTRIAL

Jets

Chargers

Steelers

Titans

SEABEARING 

Raiders

Buccaneers

Vikings 

Dolphins

FRONTIER

49ers

Patriots

Texans

Packers 

PEACEKEEPER

Saints

Cardinals

Giants

Browns

• Like (+1) 8
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Switch Cowboys and Bears.

Switch Packers and Chargers. Meat packers are industrial and the origin of Charger was that the guy liked hearing the crowd yell "charge!" after the bugle at Dodgers games. Reminds me of stories of Buffalo Soldiers charging into battle during the Indian wars.

Titans are industrial because of the term "Industry titan", or because they were the Oilers?

Peacekeepers are a bit of a mess. Giants and Browns? What's the thinking? Rams in rodeo is a bit of an odd duck too, but I know this won't be perfect.

Edited by galept
  • Agree 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

What I don't understand is the team left, then they got another one and doubled down on the Browns?

How old are you?  Cleveland was very attached to that team. They were never good. Never bad. Never great even. A few solid years between 80 and 90something. The city loved them. They were one of the only fun things to do in Cleveland. Their only identity. This is before LeBron and during the movie Major League about the Indians (they have new name I'm told).

Cleveland had the Browns like the Bills had Buffalo. I'd the Bills left and another team was placed in Buffalo how could they ever be called anything else?

As far as the Baltimore Colts. Well Indianapolis was the colts. They could not revert so thet chose Ravens after Jordan Poyer and his poem about interceptions.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

How old are you?  Cleveland was very attached to that team. They were never good. Never bad. Never great even. A few solid years between 80 and 90something. The city loved them. They were one of the only fun things to do in Cleveland. Their only identity. This is before LeBron and during the movie Major League about the Indians (they have new name I'm told).

Cleveland had the Browns like the Bills had Buffalo. I'd the Bills left and another team was placed in Buffalo how could they ever be called anything else?

As far as the Baltimore Colts. Well Indianapolis was the colts. They could not revert so thet chose Ravens after Jordan Poyer and his poem about interceptions.

That's fair, it's still got to be one of the worst non offensive team names though.

20 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Browns are actually industrial/commercial. Named after the cab company in the mistake by the lake. 

The Browns themselves are named after Coach Paul Brown.

The cab thing was Paul Brown taking some young players that he liked but who weren't going to make the roster and convincing the owner to put them on the payroll his cab company to keep them around. It's where the term "taxi squad" came from.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

38 minutes ago, Simon said:

The Browns themselves are named after Coach Paul Brown.

The cab thing was Paul Brown taking some young players that he liked but who weren't going to make the roster and convincing the owner to put them on the payroll his cab company to keep them around. It's where the term "taxi squad" came from.

35 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Named after Paul Brown.  Owner, GM, and Head Coach  

Or, a Little Brownie Elf type creature. 

TIL    thanks.  

Commanders and Vikings need to switch.

1 hour ago, galept said:

Switch Cowboys and Bears.

Switch Packers and Chargers. Meat packers are industrial and the origin of Charger was that the guy liked hearing the crowd yell "charge!" after the bugle at Dodgers games. Reminds me of stories of Buffalo Soldiers charging into battle during the Indian wars.

Titans are industrial because of the term "Industry titan", or because they were the Oilers?

Peacekeepers are a bit of a mess. Giants and Browns? What's the thinking? Rams in rodeo is a bit of an odd duck too, but I know this won't be perfect.

Rams and Cowboys should switch. Your Cowboys and Bears is good too.

Also, for Browns, I think of Cleveland, which also means "Guardians", so they are a peacekeeper. But, yeah, "Peacekeepers" is weird.

Edited by chongli

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.