Nate Breske- Bills head athletic trainer. Last year received lots of props.

Beast

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2022/02/17/report-bills-were-nfls-second-most-healthy-team-in-2021/

Bills were deemed second healthiest team last year according to the posted article. McDermott and Beane credited him for the healthiness of the roster.

Should he be held accountable for the rash of injuries this year? 

Personally I think having a good training staff helps but avoiding injuries also includes a lot of luck. Luck that obviously isn’t with us to date this season.

10 minutes ago, Beast said:

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2022/02/17/report-bills-were-nfls-second-most-healthy-team-in-2021/

Bills were deemed second healthiest team last year according to the posted article. McDermott and Beane credited him for the healthiness of the roster.

Personally I think having a good training staff helps but avoiding injuries also includes a lot of luck. Luck that obviously isn’t with us to date this season.

the last person that posted this started the avalanche of injuries 

sooo. You thought to double down?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Beast said:

There has been a rash of ankle/foot injuries.  It would seem it could be an equipment/playing surface/bad luck issue more so

than a training issue.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Beast said:

He should be fired.  Clearly forgot what he was doing.

21 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I don’t know. I don’t keep track of every thread on these boards or believe a message board thread will effect anything.

But you do you.

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

well yeah but that was a thread praising the current state of our conditioning.  This thread is more questioning it.  So maybe it’ll have the opposite effect? ;)

1 hour ago, Beast said:

I don’t know. I don’t keep track of every thread on these boards or believe a message board thread will effect anything.

But you do you.

24 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

well yeah but that was a thread praising the current state of our conditioning.  This thread is more questioning it.  So maybe it’ll have the opposite effect? ;)

I bet you too have game time rituals just like everyone else 

if luck has nothing to do with it yadda yadda 

Karma’s a B word 

1 hour ago, Beast said:

I posted a lengthy thread with data showing how the Bills lost the least man games due to injury since McD has been here by FAR. Over 85 games less than the second place Rams. Bills ranked #1, #3, #6, #1 and #2 over that time and never had more than 125 man games lost to injury in any year, including 2 years under 100. That's absurd.

Compared to the worst teams, the Bills have lost 400-500 fewer man games to injury over that time.

Not sure we appreciate just how amazing their dedication to cutting edge sports science and cutting edge training facilities have been towards keeping us far healthier than most other teams.

Clearly this year has not started out great but ankles are not typically something they have a lot of control over.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.