WR - Almost as Decimated as Secondary

OldTimer1960

36 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

What dont people understand about Beasley asked to be released. That means he doesnt want to be here.  He has Tom Brady and played in two games and has 17 yards.

Beasley asked to be traded because the Bills were moving on from him. Not the other way around. He actually talked about how things within the organization changed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Beasley asked to be traded because the Bills were moving on from him. Not the other way around. He actually talked about how things within the organization changed.

If they were moving on from him then why would he ask to be traded?  He didnt like something so he wanted out.  Its that simple.  That means he dont want to be here.

I wouldn't be so quick to count McKenzie out. He didn't show any obvious signs when he ran off the field to the locker room. Last year (or was it the year before?) Josh was in concussion protocol, but was cleared to play the following week.

If McKenzie suffered a very mild concussion, he may miss some practice time, but it's entirely possible he'll be cleared to play on Sunday.

7 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

If they were moving on from him then why would he ask to be traded?  

Because he gets to keep his contract if he’s traded. If he’s cut, the contract is ripped up and he’s signing with a new team for much less.

The Bills we’re done with him and wanted to save the cap money.

11 hours ago, whorlnut said:

I said this all off-season…I was never impressed by what they did at WR. I love Diggs and Davis. They are REALLY good, but beyond them it’s very suspect. Crowder on a one year deal. McKenzie on a two year deal that they can get out of after one year. Shakir has a shot at being good so the jury is out there. The rest is just guys. 

We are a pass first team that isn’t very deep at WR talent wise and our oline is patched together too. I’m sorry guys, but we need to add like crazy this off-season to the line and WR corp. 

how dare you! It was common knowledge all off season the team was in fact TOO stacked at WR, despite having exactly one guy who’s ever had 1k yards and the #2 who’s never been over 700. 

2 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

how dare you! It was common knowledge all off season the team was in fact TOO stacked at WR, despite having exactly one guy who’s ever had 1k yards and the #2 who’s never been over 700. 

Hahahhaha…EXACTLY!!!!  We don’t have much outside of Diggs and now Davis is injured and McKenzie and crowder are too. Shakir has a chance to really step up so I’m excited about that. However, we do need to invest on the offensive side of the ball on the oline and more weapons for Allen. 

We're banged up - but thats why you have practice squad players.  Davis Kumerow and McKenzie will all play this season - we don't need to trade picks for players at this point.  Stevenson is eligible to come back at some point which adds a vertical element that the offense doesn't have, and they have hodgins and austin on the PS if needed at any point.  One guy is gone for the year at this point - and he was probably our least productive one so far. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

Do you really think Beasley moves thw needle much? 

I'm not trading for Beasley.  He was drama when he was here a year ago, and he wasn't even good.  I'd rather just role with shakir and mckenzie in the slot.  Add Hodgins for a week or two as boundary depth if kumerow can't go.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Well we have a TE that was just given a monster contract. Maybe he can start catching some balls and not short arm pull back and give the defense a pick. 

I like Knox but the dude is so frustrating. Makes spectacular plays with his athleticism, but he's got no nuance and craps his pants on routine plays. 

• Eyeroll 2

31 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

I would look at a complimentary piece like Adam Humphries.  At first I liked the idea of OBJ but I don't think it would be good for the lockerroom or Diggs.

OBJ for the handful of games he'd be with the Bills wouldn't be a problem at all.  The only questions are whether he can get back to his previous form and when?

5 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I assume they IR crowder today and make some kind of roster move - we already needed to make room for Tre.  Stevenson on IR probably means he's next man up to active roster.  

Yeah, assuming Stevenson is healthy, he'll be next up.  He has the speed they lack on offense and knows the system, and was starting to make noise before he got injured.

7 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Well we have a TE that was just given a monster contract. Maybe he can start catching some balls and not short arm pull back and give the defense a pick. 

I like Knox but the dude is so frustrating. Makes spectacular plays with his athleticism, but he's got no nuance and craps his pants on routine plays. 

Any time passes are deflected its sort of hard to react, and it seemed to get deflected just past his hands instead of into him for whatever reason.  

He had a clutch catch in the 4th quarter so... i think we can forgive him 🙂

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.