WR - Almost as Decimated as Secondary

OldTimer1960

57 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

whatever happened to him, I bumped into his dad at a Wawa and he assured me Marquez was gonna kill it 

Well if you can't trust his dad who can you trust

I know I said it before but I really wish Beasley was available.

Also i’m not sure why everyone is saying Davis is hurt? He’s getting open just fine, he’s just dropping a lot. Unless his ankle is connected to his hands, im not sure why we assume he’s still hurt.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, mabden said:

We still have Knox and Morris, plus Gilliam and Cook.  Bring up Hodgins even if they run him as a decoy.  I think the bigger problem is on special teams, as in who will be running back kickoffs (at least once) and punts (many times.)  Hyde, Crowder, McKenzie were the punt returners.

Good point on punt return. 

And for this week, as wade phillips said, we only need a punt catcher. Don’t need a punt returner. 

2 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Depth Chart:

Diggs

Davis - really too injured to be effective, but gutting it out

McKenzie - concussion, likely out at least 1 game

Crowder - out for season broken ankle

Kumerow - out, ankle

Shakir - likely starting v. Pitt

Boy, that is f*cking ugly.  Davis should be sitting until healthy, but they NEED a body on the field.  Shakir will be fine, I think.  Nobody else even has much chance at all of playing this week.  Can’t go into a game with only Diggs, Shakir and a seriously hobbled Davis.  

Who is available?  I loved Isaiah Hodgins effort in preseason, but he can’t create separation against preseason fodder.  I don’t think he will contribute anything of note in the regular season.  None of the other practice squad bunch is likely to help.  I guess maybe Tavon Austin could make a play once in a while, but I would not want to count on him much.

Do they have $ to sign a vet?  Is one available who could be more than just a guy?  Is Emmanuel Sanders in shape?  Beasley signed elsewhere.  TY Hilton?  Will Fuller?  

Things are desperate enough to consider a trade, but really can’t take on significant salary so maybe  for a young guy they liked that hasn’t hit it big yet?

McKenzie could play look at Ryan Bates, he came out of protocol to start this week.

4 hours ago, mabden said:

I think the bigger problem is on special teams, as in who will be running back kickoffs (at least once) and punts (many times.)  Hyde, Crowder, McKenzie were the punt returners.

Oh god I forgot about that. I have been very happy with Crowder fielding punts. Hope Shakir stays healthy, because I'm guessing it's his job to lose.

4 hours ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

I don't think we can assume McKenzie is out. Conclusions come in all levels of severity. I read on this board he's doing his show today which implies it's likely not severe. And hopefully Davis will be better with resting most of the week. Othersise, Hodgkins or Austin it is.

im inclined to rest Davis this whole week including the game so he has a higher likelihood of being healthy against the chiefs. Bills should be able to win this game without him.

• Agree 2

I think McKenzie will be back.  

Give me the following for the Steelers game:

Diggs

McKenzie

Shakir

Austin

Hodgins

Stop playing games with Davis.  He doesn’t seem remotely healthy.  Those who watch him at practice/warm-ups also believe he’s noticeably hampered by the ankle injury. 

Rest him up and hope he’s close to 100% at KC, because he’s pretty useless out there right now. 

• Agree 4

5 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Depth Chart:

Diggs

Davis - really too injured to be effective, but gutting it out

McKenzie - concussion, likely out at least 1 game

Crowder - out for season broken ankle

Kumerow - out, ankle

Shakir - likely starting v. Pitt

Boy, that is f*cking ugly.  Davis should be sitting until healthy, but they NEED a body on the field.  Shakir will be fine, I think.  Nobody else even has much chance at all of playing this week.  Can’t go into a game with only Diggs, Shakir and a seriously hobbled Davis.  

Who is available?  I loved Isaiah Hodgins effort in preseason, but he can’t create separation against preseason fodder.  I don’t think he will contribute anything of note in the regular season.  None of the other practice squad bunch is likely to help.  I guess maybe Tavon Austin could make a play once in a while, but I would not want to count on him much.

Do they have $ to sign a vet?  Is one available who could be more than just a guy?  Is Emmanuel Sanders in shape?  Beasley signed elsewhere.  TY Hilton?  Will Fuller?  

Things are desperate enough to consider a trade, but really can’t take on significant salary so maybe  for a young guy they liked that hasn’t hit it big yet?

What makes you think McKenzie will be out a game?  I believe most guys are back the following week.  Happened with two Bills already this season. 

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

I know I said it before but I really wish Beasley was available.

Also i’m not sure why everyone is saying Davis is hurt? He’s getting open just fine, he’s just dropping a lot. Unless his ankle is connected to his hands, im not sure why we assume he’s still hurt.

What dont people understand about Beasley asked to be released. That means he doesnt want to be here.  He has Tom Brady and played in two games and has 17 yards.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.