OldTimer1960

Depth Chart:

Diggs

Davis - really too injured to be effective, but gutting it out

McKenzie - concussion, likely out at least 1 game

Crowder - out for season broken ankle

Kumerow - out, ankle

Shakir - likely starting v. Pitt

Boy, that is f*cking ugly.  Davis should be sitting until healthy, but they NEED a body on the field.  Shakir will be fine, I think.  Nobody else even has much chance at all of playing this week.  Can’t go into a game with only Diggs, Shakir and a seriously hobbled Davis.  

Who is available?  I loved Isaiah Hodgins effort in preseason, but he can’t create separation against preseason fodder.  I don’t think he will contribute anything of note in the regular season.  None of the other practice squad bunch is likely to help.  I guess maybe Tavon Austin could make a play once in a while, but I would not want to count on him much.

Do they have $ to sign a vet?  Is one available who could be more than just a guy?  Is Emmanuel Sanders in shape?  Beasley signed elsewhere.  TY Hilton?  Will Fuller?  

Things are desperate enough to consider a trade, but really can’t take on significant salary so maybe  for a young guy they liked that hasn’t hit it big yet?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 5

4 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Depth Chart:

Diggs

Kumerow - out, ankle

Boy, that is f*cking ugly.  Davis should be sitting until healthy, but they NEED a body on the field.  Shakir will be fine, I think.  Nobody else even has much chance at all of playing this week.  Can’t go into a game with only Diggs, Shakir and a seriously hobbled Davis.  

Who is available?  I loved Isaiah Hodgins effort in preseason, but he can’t create separation against preseason fodder.  I don’t think he will contribute anything of note in the regular season.  None of the other practice squad bunch is likely to help.  I guess maybe Tavon Austin could make a play once in a while, but I would not want to count on him much.

Do they have $ to sign a vet?  Is one available who could be more than just a guy?  Is Emmanuel Sanders in shape?  Beasley signed elsewhere.  TY Hilton?  Will Fuller?  

Things are desperate enough to consider a trade, but really can’t take on significant salary so maybe  for a young guy they liked that hasn’t hit it big yet?

Welp, might as well move Cook to the WR depth chart since they don't want to use him at RB.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 6

23 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Depth Chart:

Diggs

Kumerow - out, ankle

Per Spotrac 1.681 million cap space. That won't get a ProBowler but maybe a promising young player.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Depth Chart:

Diggs

Kumerow - out, ankle

I expect Diggs, Davis, McKenzie, and Shakir to be ready to go.

We have Hodgins and Austin on the PS.

Stevenson also just completed his 4 game IR stint if we want to activate him to fill Crowders spot on the roster.

I think we are fine.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Malazan said:

This level of panic amongst the denizens of this forum is reassuring to me. Look at secondary and the utter panic people had.. and they've actually been pretty ok. 

One could make an argument that when everything settles down (with luck and no more injuries) the backfield will be stronger than ever.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.