Quarter Pole: Unexpected Results Around the League

EmotionallyUnstable

I know we aren’t quite a quarter of the way (dang you game 17!) but I was thinking about all of the surprise players and teams around the league, both the good, the bad and the ugly. Here are some of mine: 

Kyle Pitts - where did he disappear to?!

Cowboys - somehow surprising still alive 

G-Men - Dabol has his boys finding a way

Pete Werner - never knew the guy but he seems like a stud

Bengals - just an average team?

Hurts - I didn’t see that coming

AFC West - were the Chiefs dominance really ever in doubt? Broncos and Raiders seem to be non factors

What are yours?

• Like (+1) 3

My surprise is the Chiefs.  I thought the loss of Hill would really take their offense down a few gears.

And yet they actually seem to have the strongest team they've had in the last 3 years.

I think they'll be a much harder out for us this year than last!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

My surprise is the Chiefs.  I thought the loss of Hill would really take their offense down a few gears.

And yet they actually seem to have the strongest team they've had in the last 3 years.

I think they'll be a much harder out for us this year than last!

Agreed. Bills will beat them if they meet in playoffs but only if the game is in Orchard Park.  I don't see the Bills going to KC and beating this Chiefs team in the playoffs.  

Seahawks - a lot of folks thought they'd be in contention for the #1 overall pick next year but Geno Smith of all QB's is balling right now and if it keeps up they could definitely be in contention for the playoffs.

KC/AFCW - Not nearly as good as advertised so far and KC looks like they are not only going to run away with this division but the best team in the AFC/NFL. Bills and every other team will likely have to go through KC yet again in playoffs.

Giants - Still not sure they are legit but give Daboll/Schoen credit for trying their best 2017 Bills impersonation so far.

Steelers - take away their fluke OT win in week one and this is a very bad team, might be in the #1 overall pick conversation.

AFCE - Bills and Dolphins where I expected, Pats still not toast and Jets look a bit better than expected so far. Overall this might be best division in football

Jaguars - Came down to earth again yesterday but this is a team with legit playoff/division title aspirations under Doug Pederson.

• Like (+1) 1

I expected the Giants to be better - their coaching was terrible for years.

Hurts seemed to have the ability to play and just needed time and devotion to craft and he had both.

I expected Broncos to be better but it appears their QB needs to play in certaiun system or their HC is a putz (or both).

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

Thought the Cardinals would show more life with the NFC West very much in question entering the season but...WOOF. They look mediocre at best. 

They are 2-2 and still have room for improvement but it's no secret that both their HC and GM are on a very hot seat this year.

It was also a very dumb move to give Murray a big contract extension as he's the most overrated QB in this league after Deshawn Watson.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.