Rapoport - Pickett to start

Big Blitz

9 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

This trap game is a real concern.  I would have rather faced Mitch.  When teams start rookies they often get a great effort from everyone else because they know they need to step up their game.  Tomlin is really smart too.  He is starting the rookie knowing it will fire up his team.  Steelers are the Steelers.  We need to start out fast.  Can't give the kid any confidence. He can play.

Agree not to underestimate any team on any game.  Remember Jax last year.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

12 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

This trap game is a real concern.  I would have rather faced Mitch.  When teams start rookies they often get a great effort from everyone else because they know they need to step up their game.  Tomlin is really smart too.  He is starting the rookie knowing it will fire up his team.  Steelers are the Steelers.  We need to start out fast.  Can't give the kid any confidence. He can play.

Let me ease your pain.

Trap games don't exist in reality.  They only exist in the minds of some sports fans, like you.

You are effectively worried about the Boogie Man.  He doesn't exist either.

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

image.png.5b35b6ec89d8758aa87feebeb4779b11.png

• Haha (+1) 2

Wouldn't be shocked if he plays good against the bills. This is common when a new starting qb comes in for the first 3 or 4 games. I don't think the bills will lose this game, but won't be shocked if he makes some nice plays 

Edited by Steptide

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I take it you didn’t watch Kenny throw 3 INTS. In fact his first career pass was an INT. Tomlin is a fool to start this kid with their upcoming schedule 

He was playing at home too.

i went to a Steelers at bills game during the Kelly SB years. There was about 30% or so Steelers fans in the stadium.  How many Steelers fans will be there.  Btw the 4th quarter fans were watching fights in the stands more than the game.

30 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I hate games like this.  Based on how things go with us, we will make this kid look like Tom Brady 2.0 coming off the bench to replace a hurt Drew Bledsoe.  I know, I'm a pessimist.  Can you blame me though?  When the Bills win, it's a great surprise, but if they lose, I'm never really disappointed since I expected it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

You guys have to stop with this trap game *****.  It doesn't exist.  It's all mindset.  The Bills are going to kill them and they won't take them lightly.  They will take them as the team that beat them last year

Yeah most of the team is thinking about week 1 last year, this isn't a trap game.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

This worked really well when McD started Peterman over Tyrod against the Chargers in 2017.  Let's hope for a similar performance.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.