Rapoport - Pickett to start

Big Blitz

This trap game is a real concern.  I would have rather faced Mitch.  When teams start rookies they often get a great effort from everyone else because they know they need to step up their game.  Tomlin is really smart too.  He is starting the rookie knowing it will fire up his team.  Steelers are the Steelers.  We need to start out fast.  Can't give the kid any confidence. He can play.

Edited by Bills2022
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 7
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 8

Is there going to be an over/ under on how long he lasts before he’s pulled.

I like Tomlin, but I think he’s going to regret this move for this week.

our D could well give the kid fits. 

He might have liked the supposed spark he gave them offensively, but sometimes you have to consider who you are playing before making this sort of move.

• Like (+1) 1

What a terrible move. Why do they even keep Rudolph? I have seen absolutely nothing from Pittsburgh that says a rookie quarterback is going to help fix the issues they have on offense. He’ll be shell shocked by week 10 and probably never recover. 
And my favorite part, they’ll fire the coach and/or the coordinator in the offseason and Pickett will have to learn a whole new offense 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

This trap game is a real concern.  I would have rather faced Mitch.  When teams start rookies they often get a great effort from everyone else because they know they need to step up their game.  Tomlin is really smart too.  He is starting the rookie knowing it will fire up his team.  Steelers are the Steelers.  We need to start out fast.  Can't give the kid any confidence. He can play.

I take it you didn’t watch Kenny throw 3 INTS. In fact his first career pass was an INT. Tomlin is a fool to start this kid with their upcoming schedule 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.