Steelers at Bills 1991

Buffalo03

Continuing on with old games against our upcoming opponents, I have chosen Steelers at Bills from week 2 of 1991. YouTube is being stupid this week. I am trying to post this game and even highlights, I also tried Steelers at Bills from 1999 and no matter which I choose, it's blocked from Youtube to post here but the link is in the video. The 1991 game is better so I went with this one. The Bills won this game 52-34. Jim Kelly threw 6 TD passes in this game and 4 of them went to Don Beebe. I am posting the shortened condensed version which is only about 20 mins long so feel free to click the link and watch and discuss any memories you have. And as always.....Go Bills

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Moved back to Buffalo after two years in LA. Got seasons with my buddies in 91.

Was at this game with a couple of smart a$$ Pittsburg fans, in front of us , shooting their mouth off as Kelly was throwing picks in the first half.

They left before the end😎💪🦬 after we returned the favor in spades.

Edited by Buffalo Boy

19 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Moved back to Buffalo after two years in LA. Got seasons with my buddies in 91.

Was at this game with a couple of smart a$$ Pittsburg fans, in front of us , shooting their mouth off as Kelly was throwing picks in the first half.

They left before the end😎💪🦬 after we returned the favor in spades.

Lol. Nice. I've heard Pittsburgh fans are awful. This was probably a great game to go to

I remember that game well.  Bubby Brister was the Steelers QB.  Kelly was over 300 yards, TT had over 100 rushing, and Reed and Beebe were both over 100 yds receiving.  The offense was really clicking that day against what was normally a tough Steeler defense led by Rod Woodson and Co.

15 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

I was at this game.

given the blowout….the 4th quarter turned into drunk fights breaking out in the stands. About 30% were steeler fans.

Is there ANY Bills game that doesn't feature drunk fights in the stands?

Every game I have ever been to has featured at least one awkward, ugly moment with idiots fighting.

Always see people on the brink of blacking out with drunkenness too, if not actually out cold!

I don't remember this game off the top of my head! I guarantee I watched it live at the time..

I'm going to catch the condensed version; thanks to the OP for posting!

Edited by Nextmanup

Some great names on the Pittsburgh Offense:  Louie Lipps, Mularkey, Barry Bananas Foster, Bubby Brister, Merril Hoge. 

Funny to see those giant shoulder pads alot of the Steelers were wearing. 

That was actually a damn good Steelers D that Kelly picked apart that day.  He was really a great QB in his prime.  Forgot what a beating Andre Reed took going across the middle in those days.

3 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Continuing on with old games against our upcoming opponents, I have chosen Steelers at Bills from week 2 of 1991. YouTube is being stupid this week. I am trying to post this game and even highlights, I also tried Steelers at Bills from 1999 and no matter which I choose, it's blocked from Youtube to post here but the link is in the video. The 1991 game is better so I went with this one. The Bills won this game 52-34. Jim Kelly threw 6 TD passes in this game and 4 of them went to Don Beebe. I am posting the shortened condensed version which is only about 20 mins long so feel free to click the link and watch and discuss any memories you have. And as always.....Go Bills

I so remember watching this game in college!!! The passes to Beebe just kept coming and se destroyed them... great memories! They even immortalized the feat on a card, which I still own to this day.

I went to graduation at Chadron State and met him... amazing day too.

Don-Beebe.jpg

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I so remember watching this game in college!!! The passes to Beebe just kept coming and se destroyed them... great memories! They even immortalized the feat on a card, which I still own to this day.

Don-Beebe.jpg

That is awesome. I love it. I haven't collected cards in years lol

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

That is awesome. I love it. I haven't collected cards in years lol

When I was with my ex, I went to Don Beebe's graduation at Chadron State and met him. He was so down to earth and just a great guy to talk to. Those days seem like so long ago... I miss those simpler times.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

When I was with my ex, I went to Don Beebe's graduation at Chadron State and met him. He was so down to earth and just a great guy to talk to. Those days seem like so long ago... I miss those simpler times.

He seems like a cool dude. Just from the interviews I have seen from him

• Like (+1) 1

OMG this was the first Bills game I ever attended

3 hours ago, djp14150 said:

I was at this game.

given the blowout….the 4th quarter turned into drunk fights breaking out in the stands. About 30% were steeler fans.

And they spray painted go Steelers on the wall where the walkway in and out of the stadium was to the 100 level

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.