Week 5: Steelers at Bills 10/9 1pm

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Ingram and gentry on the 53 and Bryant exposed to other teams picking him up? Yikes. I get the positional thinking...but yikes. 

D line depth is a strong point of the roster. Imo allowing guys the opportunity to get paid elsewhere speaks well of the FO

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Ingram and gentry on the 53 and Bryant exposed to other teams picking him up? Yikes. I get the positional thinking...but yikes. 

Not directed just at you, but Bryant has been ok/nothing special.  He and Emili got washed out of the middle several plays against Ravens, and he hasn't got much QB pressure.

There's a reason he wasn't signed after initial cuts, if he is signed now, it's because another team has injury issues.

That said, I hope he makes it back on our PS, but Zimmer is more talented.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Chaos said:

This is consistent with my observation that every team in the league seems to have more effective running backs than the Bills. 

It's not the backs, it's the blocking. Specifically they are attempting to really push zone blocking Kromer is a proponent of that they already know is an issue for them, but he must feel like he can get it corrected.

It's small details that are causing issues. If they can get those corrected they should be more effective. Note, I said more effective, they will not be a great running team, nor do they really care to be.

Part of the issue is they don't get a lot of reps to work on the issues in love game situations.

I would expect by mid season we should see better run blocking and more comfort with what Kromer wants from them.

Right now they are thinking too much about rules they are supposed to follow on their blocks rather than actually blocking and playing free

Edited by Big Turk

4 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I just cruised other teams boards. The only fan base more miserable than Bills Mafia right now is Bronco's Country. I understand it from their standpoint, but why is this place so down on our 3-1 team? 

People love complaining and making up results in their mind like they already happened. 

Just like the weather...in winter we complain it's too cold. In spring, it's not getting warm enough soon enough. In summer it's too hot. In fall, it's too warm out and causing issues with trees not changing when they should.

Honestly just a lot of Nervous Nellie's on this board.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I just cruised other teams boards. The only fan base more miserable than Bills Mafia right now is Bronco's Country. I understand it from their standpoint, but why is this place so down on our 3-1 team? 

The drought messed up a lot of Bills fans heads.  I don't think some of them can ever be truly happy with the team.

I used to feel sad for them.  Now I just laugh.

"These are the good ole days".

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

There’s lots of quality starting players on practice squads.  It’s a risk for sure but nothing to get bent out of shape about.  Odds are he won’t be claimed 

NYG's if anyone.

32 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Because we're not allowed nice things so, naturally, if things don't quite go as planned (like injuries or unexpected facing a rookie QB who looked like he might have something about him) we push the panic button and assume we're doomed.

55 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I think it’s because everyone wants our team to be it’s healthiest when we play KC so we can have the edge on home field advantage. How did that workout last year when we beat them in the regular season? I’m not worried if we lose to them. 

I specifically remember the 2000 jags going 14-2 and getting home field. Their only losses were to the 13-3 Tennessee titans, although Tennessee beat them again in the championship game. My point is just worry about piling up the wins during the season and you’ll get home field. It’s a marathon not a race. The chiefs are not going 16-1

Edited by Bills!Win!
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

Holy Hand Grenade, you actually had the intestinal fortitude to cruise the fan boards of 31 teams in enough depth to assess the emotional health of each fanbase?

I'm not sure if you deserve a medal, or you're badly in need of a job, a hobby, a lover, a vacation, or all of those.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, MasterStrategist said:

Not directed just at you, but Bryant has been ok/nothing special.  He and Emili got washed out of the middle several plays against Ravens, and he hasn't got much QB pressure.

There's a reason he wasn't signed after initial cuts, if he is signed now, it's because another team has injury issues.

That said, I hope he makes it back on our PS, but Zimmer is more talented.

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

D line depth is a strong point of the roster. Imo allowing guys the opportunity to get paid elsewhere speaks well of the FO

I mean I get it...it's just hard to see Bryant cut and someone worse at their job on the roster, but hey, differing depth at different positions. 

I also really like Zimmer and hope he comes back strong.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I doubt the number one seed will come down to the head to head Buf vs KC. I know it's being treated as if that's locked in, but I only care about winning the last time we play them this season. I'd prefer that to be at home but I doubt it's based on next week's game.

Edited by NickelCity
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.