Week 5: Steelers at Bills 10/9 1pm

YoloinOhio

I don’t know why everyone is so worried. I look at it as they are without Big Ben, Smith-Schuster, TJ Watt and Melvin Ingram. Think about how we would’ve won last year if those players weren’t playing on Pittsburg. 

Also we have some no name guy called Von Miller this year. Anyone ever heard of him? 

25 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

There is that "noob X factor".  After completing ~55% of his passes, 2 picks, and getting thumped by the Chargers, Allen went into Minnesota with the Bills as HUGE underdogs and fed the Purple People into a chipper (27-6).

The thing is, Allen has always had that "don't count me out" "any given Sunday" Underdog Factor about him.   I'm not sure that's Kenny Pickett.  He is that "let it rip" guy, though, which Trubisky was not.

I would feel much better if we had Poyer in the backfield.  I think he and Hyde are about equal in field generalship and setting up the rest of the backfield with disguised coverage, and as long as we have one of them, play doesn't seem to fall off much. 

I do think we're ahead of where we were in Miami when Dane Jackson was out as well, but while he's ahead of Hamlin and either Johnson or Lewis in the learning curve, he's not the crafty vet and the player coach Dr Poyer is.

We remember that Vikings game as the Josh Allen coming out party, but looking back at the stats it was as much on the Bills D as on Allen. Milano had a pick and a sack. The Vikings were held scoreless through 3 quarters. If the Steelers are able to do that to the BIlls (doubtful), then they have a really good shot to win the game. 

Also, the huge line was because the Bills had been awful through two games and it was only game 3 of the Kirk Cousins era in Minnesota. There was still hope that Cousins would turn to be elite. Spoiler alert: he didn't.

Edited by FrenchConnection
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Not saying anything that isn’t obvious and I could say Greg Cosell too 

JMO, but Greg Cosell and Colin Cowherd don't belong in the same sentence unless that sentence is:

"Cowherd is an entertainer who has a job talking about football, about which he knows a little.  Greg Cosell is a serious football film nerd consulted by coaches and GMs, who has been so well known for it that they pull him out of his film room and make him talk to people.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

I wouldn't really knock him for 2/3 of the picks. 

1 was right to Claypool that he basically dropped into the defenders hands.   Another was a hail Mary.

Fair enough. If you take those 2 passes away, he is throwing an int with about 10% of his passes. (I know it’s a small sample)

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

We remember that Vikings game as the Josh Allen coming out party, but looking back at the stats it was as much on the Bills D as on Allen. Milano had a pick and a sack. The Vikings were held scoreless through 3 quarters. If the Steelers are able to do that to the BIlls (doubtful), then they have a really good shot to win the game. 

Also, the huge line was because the Bills had been awful through two games and it was only game 3 of the Kirk Cousins era in Minnesota. There was still hope that Cousins would turn to be elite. Spoiler alert: he didn't.

We are not the Vikings. 

2 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

The same rookie QB that threw interceptions on 23% of his pass attempts in his only NFL playing time?  

I suggest you take a look at the tape. This is where stats are very deceiving. The 1st int wasn't Pickett's fault. Yes, the 2nd one is on him as he threw inaccurately as he was backing up. The 3rd one was a hail mary. 

In short, in the sample of a half Pickett showed a lot of promise. He was willing to " rip it" and " wing it" unlike Mitch. He also ran in 2 tds which was impressive. 

This is a very tough ask for Pickett. Making his first NFL start in Buffalo vs a very good defense. Buffalo's track record vs rookie Qbs is very good too. The Steelers oline is very good and Harris is not a game breaker. He's more of a smasher and a grinder. The Bills run D should play well. I think we will see a Steeler offense that will throw it a little bit more downfield. Take chances because truthfully they have nothing to lose. 

Conversely, I think the Bills try to establish the run and feed Singletary. Take some shots down field with Diggs. Shakir should have a few more opportunities as well. It's key the Bills offense comes out sharp and doesn't turn over the ball. In the past, Tomlin has had great game plans against Allen. However, with no Watt and a banged up secondary makes the Steelers more vulnerable and beatable. 

Steelers will show up, be ready, excited about Pickett. The Bills are at home with the superior team. 

Bills 31

Pitt 20

Edited by newcam2012

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I suggest you take a look at the tape. This is where stats are very deceiving. The 1st int wasn't Pickett's fault. Yes, the 2nd one is on him as he threw inaccurately as he was backing up. The 3rd one was a hail mary. 

In short, in the sample of a half Pickett showed a lot of promise. He was willing to " rip it" and " wing it" unlike Mitch. He also ran in 2 tds which was impressive. 

This is a very tough ask for Pickett. Making His first NFL start in Buffalo vs a very good defense. Buffalo's track record vs rookie Qbs and very good too. The Steelers oline is very good and Harris is not a game breaker. He's more of a smasher and a grinder. I think we will see a Steeler offense that will throw it a little bit more downfield. Take chances because truthfully they have nothing to lose. 

Conversely, I thonknthe Bills try to establish the run and feed Singletary. Take some shots down field with Diggs. Shakir should have a few more opportunities as well. It's key the Bills offense cones out sharp and doesn't turn over the ball. In the past, Tomlin has had great game plans against Allen. However, with no Watt and a banged up secondary makes the Steelers more vulnerable. 

Steelers will show up, be ready, excited about Pickett. The Bills are at home with the superior team. 

Bills 31

Pitt 20

I assume that you meant to say that the Steelers OL is not very good. Because even that is an understatement.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I assume that you meant to say that the Steelers OL is not very good. Because even that is an understatement.

Not saying you're wrong but it will look better with Pickett than it did with Trubisky. Trubisky played with no heart, would bail when he didn't need to and had no feel for stepping forward or laterally in the pocket to extend plays.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.