Week 5: Steelers at Bills 10/9 1pm

YoloinOhio

14 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

These injuries are getting ridiculous.. We are putting an awful lot on Allen's shoulders to carry this team.  Don't like it.

We don't have much of a choice unfortunately. Its a long season. Let's sit some players and get healthy before KC or for GB after the bye. Then we can go on our run. 

40 minutes ago, EffKCChiefs said:

We don't have much of a choice unfortunately. Its a long season. Let's sit some players and get healthy before KC or for GB after the bye. Then we can go on our run. 

What would be really Helpful right now is if we could find a running game so that Josh doesn’t have to throw it 1 million times to win this game

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Colin Cowherd said it best Sean McDermott has been in Buffalo for 6 years and has absolutely no idea how to build a running game.

We don’t really invest in the oline whether it’s free agency or the draft in relation to other positions which is the backbone of any run game.

The run blocking numbers for this version of the Bills is one of the 5 worst in football. Leaving number 17 to once again put on his cape. 

It is what it is. 

11 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Colin Cowherd said it best Sean McDermott has been in Buffalo for 6 years and has absolutely no idea how to build a running game.

We don’t really invest in the oline whether it’s free agency or the draft in relation to other positions which is the backbone of any run game.

The run blocking numbers for this version of the Bills is one of the 5 worst in football. Leaving number 17 to once again put on his cape. 

It is what it is. 

Sean McDermott doesn't coach offense.

13 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

It is what it is. 

Cowherd has been on-air for years and doesn’t know how to build an objective, reasonable thought. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

It is what it is. 

They don't put a premium on RBs or guards and they accept the outcome.

Teams that win the Super Bowl play great defense and have a high scoring offense, no matter how they do it.

• Like (+1) 6

9 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Cowherd has been on-air for years and doesn’t know how to build an objective, reasonable thought. 

That’s never his intention though. He gives takes that make people react, he goes to the extremes for a reason-it’s made him a lot of money

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I just got a letter from the Bills informing me that I’ve been placed on IR.

I got a letter from the government the other day...

I opened and read it...

It said they were suckers!

They wanted me for their army or whatever...

Picture me giving a damn?!? I said NEVER!

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

The X-factor of a team that gives us trouble being against the ropes, trying to ignite their offense by turning to a rookie QB, who seems willing to let it rip and give his guys chances to make plays down the field, in his first start, on the road against a TOP (but dinged up, especially in the secondary) defense...

This is what has some fans feeling a bit uneasy. And I can't say I'm not wrestling with the same irrational worries. But objectively, come on...the Bills should do damage this week.

The same rookie QB that threw interceptions on 23% of his pass attempts in his only NFL playing time?  

7 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

The same rookie QB that threw interceptions on 23% of his pass attempts in his only NFL playing time?  

I wouldn't really knock him for 2/3 of the picks. 

1 was right to Claypool that he basically dropped into the defenders hands.   Another was a hail Mary.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

It is what it is. 

You guys actually take Cowherd seriously??

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

The X-factor of a team that gives us trouble being against the ropes, trying to ignite their offense by turning to a rookie QB, who seems willing to let it rip and give his guys chances to make plays down the field, in his first start, on the road against a TOP (but dinged up, especially in the secondary) defense...

This is what has some fans feeling a bit uneasy. And I can't say I'm not wrestling with the same irrational worries. But objectively, come on...the Bills should do damage this week.

There is that "noob X factor".  After completing ~55% of his passes, 2 picks, and getting thumped by the Chargers, Allen went into Minnesota with the Bills as HUGE underdogs and fed the Purple People into a chipper (27-6).

The thing is, Allen has always had that "don't count me out" "any given Sunday" Underdog Factor about him.   I'm not sure that's Kenny Pickett.  He is that "let it rip" guy, though, which Trubisky was not.

I would feel much better if we had Poyer in the backfield.  I think he and Hyde are about equal in field generalship and setting up the rest of the backfield with disguised coverage, and as long as we have one of them, play doesn't seem to fall off much. 

I do think we're ahead of where we were in Miami when Dane Jackson was out as well, but while he's ahead of Hamlin and either Johnson or Lewis in the learning curve, he's not the crafty vet and the player coach Dr Poyer is.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.