Week 5: Steelers at Bills 10/9 1pm

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

It's not really nonsense, there is a formula for it. No personal judgement involved. 

I’d love to know what the formula is…for those one off matchups against the two divisions in your conference you’re not playing all of, you get one at home and one on the road.   how do they determine which is home though?   We ended up getting ten at home and kc on the road but I’m not sure what specific rule prevented it from being kc at home and ten on the road 

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Where did you hear this?

It's right on the team page.

Screenshot 2022-10-07 13.23.26.png

2 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Wonder if there holding guys out who would play if it were a playoff game to help get them healthy for KC next week, knowing the buy is right after. If so, too bad they can't get Gabe the extra rest, but we're down too many as it is. I do worry about the cascading effect of guys being out puts more on the guys playing to have to compensate & play harder which generates more injuries. They need that buy week.

Yeah, Poyer said he was fine after the game last week and said he just had the wind knocked out of him. Now he's out completely with apparent rib injury.  

12 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

So when does this "formula" say we get a regular season home game v KC?

This is the third straight Bills-Steelers game to be played in Buffalo, it goes both ways. It is mathematically impossible to play a team at home or on the road more than 3 consecutive times 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Yahoo fantasy is saying McKenzie likely out

Don't put too much stock into that. They have a surface-level analysis at best and whoever put the blurb together went "oh concussion protocol? HE MUST BE DOUBTFUL"

10 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’d love to know what the formula is…for those one off matchups against the two divisions in your conference you’re not playing all of, you get one at home and one on the road.   how do they determine which is home though?   We ended up getting ten at home and kc on the road but I’m not sure what specific rule prevented it from being kc at home and ten on the road 

https://operations.nfl.com/gameday/nfl-schedule/creating-the-nfl-schedule/#:~:text=THE ANATOMY OF THE NFL SCHEDULE&text=Every team will play 17,games in the 2022 season.

Here's a high level write-up I found. In terms of games vs. the other divisions, it rotates every 3 years which division each team plays in conference and every 4 years out of conference. Then they alternate who is home and who is away. For the games against the teams who finished in the same position the prior year in conference (for example, KC and Bills both won their division, so they play) they alternate those home and away too. 

5 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

2024 and 2025 IF we place the same as they do in our respective divisions.

2026 for sure.

People are gonna freak when they see we’re on the road against kc next year too lol.  The ‘you placed the same in your division’ game seems to double up on who the home team is and the ‘you play the whole AFC West every 4 years games’ seem to swap back and forth each meeting and it lined up not in our favor the last few years.  

5 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

2024 and 2025 IF we place the same as they do in our respective divisions.

2026 for sure.

So at least 2 in a row and possibly 3 in Buffalo should be on the horizon.  

2015 @ KC

2017 @ KC

2020 @ Buf

2021 @ KC

2022 @ KC

So if you throw in our playoff inability to earn a higher seed than KC, we've faced them on the road 6 out of the last 7 meetings dating back to 2015. This formula is mathematically flawed. It should be a home and home alternate with a year or 2 off like 2018, 2019.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 3

5 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

https://operations.nfl.com/gameday/nfl-schedule/creating-the-nfl-schedule/#:~:text=THE ANATOMY OF THE NFL SCHEDULE&text=Every team will play 17,games in the 2022 season.

Here's a high level write-up I found. In terms of games vs. the other divisions, it rotates every 3 years which division each team plays in conference and every 4 years out of conference. Then they alternate who is home and who is away. For the games against the teams who finished in the same position the prior year in conference (for example, KC and Bills both won their division, so they play) they alternate those home and away too. 

It seems like the ‘same position in the division’ games double up which I didn’t realize.  I knew the ‘you play this division every 4 years’ games rotated each time.

we played kc two years in a row due to ‘finished in the same position in the division’ and were on the road both times and next year we will be on the road for ‘playing the entire afc west’ game 

if my calculations are correct we should get a bunch of home games in a row after 2023 assuming we finish in the same position in the division as them 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

How is Edmunds Questionable as DNP all week and Poyer already ruled out? 

Different people, different injuries, different progress of the said different injury.  Maybe Poyer's injury is more obvious that he couldn't go, whereas Edmunds' injury is more of a game-time decision.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I'll be surprised if we see Oliver or Phillips in the game if the D is doing fine without them this week.  Guessing Edmunds is out.  If Davis is 100% I expect to see something out of him this week.  He's been MIA since he came back.

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I'd bet  Ed and Phillips are out again too.  It's frustrating.  I'm starting to question if we're being too cautious with injuries 

Would you prefer they just force everyone out there ala the Dolphins and get everyone even more injured.  Take a breath!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.