Week 5: Steelers at Bills 10/9 1pm

YoloinOhio

6 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Why wouldn't they?

1) we lost a low-scoring game to the Dolphins when we couldn't "clinch the deal" on multiple drives

2) we barely squeaked out a win over the Ravens at the end of regulation

3) our Injury Report looks like we should set up a Mash tent on the sidelines at practice and includes:

-two starting DBs are "out"

-starting MLB may very well be "out"

-two starting DLmen still limited

-another starting DB DNP

-on the other side of the ball, starting TE may be out

-starting #2 WR hampered, #3 WR in concussion protocol and his backup/partner going on IR

-backup to #2 WR and ace ST likely "out"

-C limited with injury to snapping arm

4) various stuff out there now on how to stop Josh Allen (based on Dolphins game)

5) run game poor

On their side, new young QB looked promising and we have limited film on him

I'm not writing all this to say I think we're in trouble, but I can see why Steelers fans would be licking their chops.  And anyone who thinks it'll be a cake-walk for the Bills is probably mistaken, just based on the size and scope of our injury report - YIKES

Anyone who thinks the Dolphins magically figured out how to stop Josh Allen is delusional. Unless any team can create the same weather and injuries, good luck. Miami didn’t do squat. Bad luck on the other hand did plenty…

Edited by Meatloaf63
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

The Bills injury reports are just wild LOL

Don't read too much into a Wednesday injury report.  16 players on list and 2 are Vet rest, 2 of them in full practice, and 4 of them limited. That is not that big of a deal. You are looking at 8 guys and most of them would be playing if it was the Chiefs.  Bills are pretty healthy right now.  

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 2

10 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Anyone who thinks the Dolphins magically figured out how to stop Josh Allen is delusional. Unless any team can create the same weather and injuries, good luck. Miami didn’t do squat. Bad luck Cj on the other hand did plenty…

The only thing Miami did was hunker down in the red zone and short yardage situations.  We had the ball the entire game.  They couldn't stop the Bills.  The Bills just didn't punch it in when they had the chance (multiple times).

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, GolfandBills said:

Not to mention the rash of injuries we have.  I think the it’s gonna be a blowout crowd is in for a rude awakening when this game is close 

The height of arrogance of some here to think the Steelers don't have a chance.  Neither did Jacksonville last year.  

29 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

The height of arrogance of some here to think the Steelers don't have a chance.  Neither did Jacksonville last year.  

Totally different teams. First start for the rookie QB, their lines on both sides of the ball are really struggling, their minus their best player, plus Heyward & Fitzpatrick are both banged up pretty good and their star RB is only averaging 3.5 yards a carry this year. That's all their top talent right there.

16 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Totally different teams. First start for the rookie QB, their lines on both sides of the ball are really struggling, their minus their best player, plus Heyward & Fitzpatrick are both banged up pretty good and their star RB is only averaging 3.5 yards a carry this year. That's all their top talent right there.

If that moron Urban Meyer can beat us 9-6, anyone can beat us.  Never take anyone lightly in the NFL.  The Steelers A game vs our B game will result in a Steelers victory.

Coach Meyer's Postgame Speech After Win Against Bills | Jacksonville Jaguars - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6mVL6Qyydk

Edited by Bills2022

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

If Poyer picks a Pick6 off Pickett, will Pickett pick it up and pick Poyer with the 6th pick?

I'm going to picket Pickett, i prefer trubisky.

If that doesn't work I may pick pocket a complete Pickett.

I prefer to see trubisky for an easy win.

Should I change my pick?

Edited by bills and clippers fan

12 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

If that moron Urban Meyer can beat us 9-6, anyone can beat us.  Never take anyone lightly in the NFL.  The Steelers A game vs our B game will result in a Steelers victory.

Coach Meyer's Postgame Speech After Win Against Bills | Jacksonville Jaguars - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6mVL6Qyydk

The team can’t take them lightly, and all indications is that they are not. McDermott said they want payback for the loss last year.

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Why wouldn't they?

1) we lost a low-scoring game to the Dolphins when we couldn't "clinch the deal" on multiple drives

2) we barely squeaked out a win over the Ravens at the end of regulation

3) our Injury Report looks like we should set up a Mash tent on the sidelines at practice and includes:

-two starting DBs are "out"

-starting MLB may very well be "out"

-two starting DLmen still limited

-another starting DB DNP

-on the other side of the ball, starting TE may be out

-starting #2 WR hampered, #3 WR in concussion protocol and his backup/partner going on IR

-backup to #2 WR and ace ST likely "out"

-C limited with injury to snapping arm

4) various stuff out there now on how to stop Josh Allen (based on Dolphins game)

5) run game poor

On their side, new young QB looked promising and we have limited film on him

I'm not writing all this to say I think we're in trouble, but I can see why Steelers fans would be licking their chops.  And anyone who thinks it'll be a cake-walk for the Bills is probably mistaken, just based on the size and scope of our injury report - YIKES

Have you looked at their injury report? This also doesn't include TJ Watt being out.

Wednesday, October 5
CB Cameron Sutton (Groin/Hamstring) - LP
CB Ahkello Witherspoon (Hamstring) - DNP
CB Levi Wallace (Foot) - LP
S Terrell Edmunds (Concussion) - DNP
S Minkah Fitzpatrick (Knee) - DNP
DL Chris Wormley (Ankle) - LP
DT Cameron Heyward (Ankle/Elbow) - LP

It’s the NFL and no team should be of the mindset teams are going to lay down for them. Steelers are a proud franchise so the Bills better come out ready and prepared. No time for a let down.

On a separate note, I saw a stat that Josh has FOUR fumbles this year. I’m aware of the MIA one but don’t recall the other three. That certainly has to improve!

2 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

Don't read too much into a Wednesday injury report.  16 players on list and 2 are Vet rest, 2 of them in full practice, and 4 of them limited. That is not that big of a deal. You are looking at 8 guys and most of them would be playing if it was the Chiefs.  Bills are pretty healthy right now.  

The rest of your post seems reasonable, but not sure how you land on "Bills are pretty healthy right now"...lol. Yes, by Friday, that report should be a bit cleaned up, but don't jump off the deep end with that odd statement.

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, bills and clippers fan said:

You know crazy people dance all the time right?

They are the best dancers actually.  😂

Some days I wonder if crazy people spend half their time posting here (inbetween dances, obviously)...

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Westside Madness said:

The rest of your post seems reasonable, but not sure how you land on "Bills are pretty healthy right now"...lol. Yes, by Friday, that report should be a bit cleaned up, but don't jump off the deep end with that odd statement.

he meant compared to a Civil War field hospital.

6 minutes ago, Westside Madness said:

he meant compared to a Civil War field hospital.

2 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Anyone who thinks the Dolphins magically figured out how to stop Josh Allen is delusional. Unless any team can create the same weather and injuries, good luck. Miami didn’t do squat. Bad luck Cj on the other hand did plenty…

"Bad luck CJ"?

I'm (mostly) just explaining how the Steelers fans in my neighborhood see it. 

As far as "how to stop Josh Allen", I'll refer you to Brett Kollman's The Film Room episode, you watch and decide if he's noticed some things, or if he's delusional.  I will warn you that it requires some suspension of disbelief immediately as he keeps referring to the 2021 Bills Dolphins games as though the first one was a success (the score was 35-0 and while the passing game was limited, the run game gained 143 yds 108 of which were from RBs) and the second one not far behind it (score was 26-11 and 249 passing yards).

Edited by Beck Water

1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

If course they do. Any given Sunday.

But the Debby Downer, Concern Queen nonsense it getting old.

It's like some posters need to make a list of 50 reasons the Bills could lose each game and insist everyone else ruminate on them until they're  stuck in a rocking chair babbling on about poor run blocking or lack of depth. 

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

"Bad luck CJ"?

I'm (mostly) just explaining how the Steelers fans in my neighborhood see it. 

As far as "how to stop Josh Allen", I'll refer you to Brett Kollman's The Film Room episode, you watch and decide if he's noticed some things, or if he's delusional.

500 yards of offense to 200 yards of offense, 7 scoring drives to 3. 

Stop Josh Allen like that every week please.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.