Week 5: Steelers at Bills 10/9 1pm

YoloinOhio

HMO....just kidding, and this may not be the right thread but I'm tired of people raggin on Knox. Not only did he make a possibly game saving catch , he also is Josh's pass pro. Am I the only one that sees him lining up behind a guard 90% of the time? Our pass game is thanks to him being an extra Olineman. Can't they put Gilliam back there to do that and let Knox catch passes?  This is for you Ken Dorsey.....

BTW, if Sweeney can't block......well never mind, Quinton Morris will will be integral vs. Pitt.

Edited by nosejob

2 hours ago, Logic said:

I understand the "respect every opponent" perspective, but barring catastrophic injury, I don't see any way the Steelers win this one.

McDermott's defenses consistently dominate rookie quarterbacks. I don't have the exact numbers, but they OVERWHELMINGLY favor the Bills defense. Have the Bills under McDermott EVER lost to a rookie quarterback?

Beyond that, we're talking about the 24th ranked scoring offense in the league going against a defense that has allowed just seven total second half points across four games. A defense which has effectively limited McVay's Rams, Derrick Henry, and Lamar Jackson.  Forgive me for not believing that the insertion of a rookie quarterback is going to jumpstart the bottom tier Steelers offense enough to beat the Bills. I just don't see it.

This week looks like a relatively sure win to me. The following two games, against the Chiefs and Packers? THOSE games we can wring our hands about. But the Steelers? I'm not buying it.

Mac Jones🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, appoo said:

Just be patient with Davis. This ankle injury is a new one, and he looked fairly bad-a$$ in week 1, and easily out snapped Diggs. 

Ankle's are tough - you lose a lot of explosion. He'll get there

Stoked that you post here Gabe. Big fan here.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Unfortunately they chose to not to address the position in the event that Davis wasn't up to the task of being a full time starter.    Your backup to WR1 and WR2 can't be the 7th best receiver on the roster like Jake Kumerow.     

Yeah, don't remember the players that may have been available earlier at that time Beane and co. felt were improvements that would cost around the numbers wanted. At the time I was hoping they would have addressed it also.

Guess they felt good with what they had.

6 minutes ago, appoo said:

Just be patient with Davis. This ankle injury is a new one, and he looked fairly bad-a$$ in week 1, and easily out snapped Diggs. 

Oh so it's not the same ankle from before? That's what I was wondering. 

3 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

It’s a good thing to have more home games in the second half. Especially when we are looking at maybe 5-1/4-2 going into the bye 

Maybe.  Im of the opinion that snow isnt that big of an advantage.  Wind and rain are worse IMO and that effects our offense just as much which evens it out a little for other teams. Id rather see our offense in good conditions because thats when it has the potential to be the most explosive. Cold is just cold.  People can layer up, have heaters on the sidelines and stay warm by actually playing.  That portion of the schedule itself is easier though.

18 minutes ago, appoo said:

Agreed, take all the time he needs. Between Knox and Morris, Diggs, Shakir and Dirty ( who will be fine), we'll be ok. Time for ESPN on a Monday morning to be talking about James Cook breaking out.

edit:   The question is....Who's gonna sacrifice their body to try to chip Heyward?

Edited by nosejob

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

It’s just a position they don’t prioritize as much as they should IMO… knew that was the case when back in February McDermott basically said that it’s a position you don’t need to use first rounders in and can find late round picks to develop. 

Im guessing because we didnt actually get knocked out of the playoffs because of anything on offense.  I would love to see some investment in the line though. As well as another top flight wr.

Edited by Scott7975

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

I saw it reported that it was the same ankle as previously. Haven’t seen otherwise aside from that post. 

Oh ok...I' didn't know....other poster I quoted said it was a "new" ankle injury so I assumed that meant different ankle. Thanks for the info

24 minutes ago, appoo said:

Amen.  We are better off being a #2 or #3 seed with a healthy Davis than the #1 seed going into the playoffs with him hobbled.  Get him healthy. 100%. Without him we have zero shot against the Chiefs.  If it takes 6 weeks, then it takes 6 weeks.  That is what happens with ankles. 

11 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Oh ok...I' didn't know....other poster I quoted said it was a "new" ankle injury so I assumed that meant different ankle. Thanks for the info

No problem. Yes, that was the same post I was referencing. Haven’t seen anything else saying the injury was new, so I’d say it was the same one. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.