Week 5: Steelers at Bills 10/9 1pm

YoloinOhio

16 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

The Steelers are extremely well coached. Much better than the Bills.  This game is not a gimme. My biggest concern is overlooking this game because of the Chiefs the following week.  I think people are going to realize we have flaws that the injuries and weather excuses have been covering.

1) We can't run the ball   2) We lack consistency.   This is the game to get on track.  

I can’t believe you still have an active account

15 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'm fine with resting as many guys as possible who are dinged up and need time to get ready for KC. No need to rush Oliver back this week. Maybe give Davis some time to heal. Not trying to overlook Pittsburgh, but we can beat them with some depth guys in.

Davis needs a rest.  He’s pretty useless rn

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

The Steelers are extremely well coached. Much better than the Bills.  This game is not a gimme. My biggest concern is overlooking this game because of the Chiefs the following week.  I think people are going to realize we have flaws that the injuries and weather excuses have been covering.

1) We can't run the ball   2) We lack consistency.   This is the game to get on track.  

Really? Because the vast majority of Steelers fans on the message boards feel quite differently about the coaching of their team.

Edited by Big Turk

34 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Really? Because the vast majority of Steelers fans on the message boards feel quite differently about the coaching of their team.

I think half of the Steelers fans on their own team think differently. How about that offensive coordinator? Seems like a real fan favorite in the locker room…

Edited by MiltonWaddams

These aren't your father's Steelers.

The 14.5 spread is the MOST an opponent has been favored by against Pittsburgh since at least 1978.

The Steelers always seem to play us relatively close, regardless of the talent disparity.

Still...everything about Kenny Pickett making his first NFL start on the road against this Bills defense spells big Buffalo win.

And I agree with those above me: Rest up, big Ed. Rest up, Gabe. Rest up, anyone who's nursing a serious boo-boo.

Bills by a billion.

On 10/3/2022 at 3:23 PM, Rc2catch said:

Pickett 

Trubisky 

Rudolph.. 

Throw a dart at the board.. Who wants the smoke? 

I like Mason Rudolph, quite a bit. I'm an Oklahoma State alum/diehard fan and got to watch Mason rack up 13,000+ yards and almost 100 TDs at his time in Stillwater. He *WAS* the next QB after Ben... but he got knocked out like Tua did, against the Ravens in his 2nd year. He was never the same after. The fans at Pittsburgh are THE WORST in the league and never gave him a chance. 

Feel like he's been handcuffed by the OC since day one because the dude can sling it. Instead, they have him dump the ball off most of the time. 

But if you watch the play Mason got knocked out against the Ravens, you could see he can ball up to that point. That year, when he came back a couple weeks later, he just wasn't the same. 

All that said, he'd be a solid backup for Josh I think. Give him an offense with the weapons we have at WR, he's do pretty well in case we needed him. 

Edited by ArdmoreRyno
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Logic said:

These aren't your father's Steelers.

The 14.5 spread is the MOST an opponent has been favored by against Pittsburgh since at least 1978.

The Steelers always seem to play us relatively close, regardless of the talent disparity.

Still...everything about Kenny Pickett making his first NFL start on the road against this Bills defense spells big Buffalo win.

And I agree with those above me: Rest up, big Ed. Rest up, Gabe. Rest up, anyone who's nursing a serious boo-boo.

Bills by a billion.

The Bills should win obviously but I wouldn't bet this game. McDermott isn't the type of coach to run up the score like Belichick and Saban do. I could see a scenario where the Bills are up big but the Steelers get a meaningless TD in garbage time and get one of those back door covers. 

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

The Bills should win obviously but I wouldn't bet this game. McDermott isn't the type of coach to run up the score like Belichick and Saban do. I could see a scenario where the Bills are up big but the Steelers get a meaningless TD in garbage time and get one of those back door covers. 

Have you forgotten that prior to last Sunday the last 20 Bills victories were by double digits?  :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, eball said:

Have you forgotten that prior to last Sunday the last 20 Bills victories were by double digits?  :lol:

Good point. Still don't feel comfortable giving 14. At the same time the Bills are quite capable of covering it. This is why I would stay away from this game from a betting perspective.

Just now, Greg S said:

I wouldn't bet on the Bills in this game for this reason. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.