Week 5: Steelers at Bills 10/9 1pm

YoloinOhio

10 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

The Steelers are extremely well coached. Much better than the Bills.  This game is not a gimme. My biggest concern is overlooking this game because of the Chiefs the following week.  I think people are going to realize we have flaws that the injuries and weather excuses have been covering.

1) We can't run the ball   2) We lack consistency.   This is the game to get on track.  

Yes that’s why Pittsburgh is losing and we are winning because Pitt is so well coached I am convinced that you’re a troll

3 hours ago, syhuang said:

It’s because the Steelers are so much better coached don’t you know

I am coming over from the UK for the Steelers game.  My 6th visit to Orchard Park – Bills have won all the previous 5 (Patriots 2011, Jets 2013, Vikings 2014, Broncos 2017, Dolphins 2019). Confident that this will be 6 out of 6 (38-17).

What’s the local weather forecast for the weekend?

• Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 hours ago, steven50 said:

I havent seen the Steelers play this year. Is Kenny Pickett a mobile QB? Does he run a lot?

He is no Lamar Jackson. 

4.73 at the combine. Around what Allen ran. Yet, he is not a running threat they could lean on. 

I would group him in with someone like David Carr or Aaron Rogers regarding his capability and willingness. I don’t expect him to rip off 35 yard runs, but he is capable to extend plays and will keep his eyes down field looking to deliver the ball while on the move. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BillAndPhilFan said:

I am coming over from the UK for the Steelers game.  My 6th visit to Orchard Park – Bills have won all the previous 5 (Patriots 2011, Jets 2013, Vikings 2014, Broncos 2017, Dolphins 2019). Confident that this will be 6 out of 6 (38-17).

Please be sure to come to all the playoff games!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillAndPhilFan said:

Nice!!!  Welcome back.

Looks like Sunday is high of 57F,  low of 44F and partly sunny

14 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

The Steelers are extremely well coached. Much better than the Bills.  This game is not a gimme. My biggest concern is overlooking this game because of the Chiefs the following week.  I think people are going to realize we have flaws that the injuries and weather excuses have been covering.

1) We can't run the ball   2) We lack consistency.   This is the game to get on track.  

This is comedy gold.  Call Netflix, you need a special.

• Thank you (+1) 3

I'm missing the game Sunday for some Philadelphia Union soccer, I was hesitant to go since it was during the Bills/Steelers but this one is going to be a laugher. Bills 41, Steelers 14. Don't @ me, el futbol es magnifico! 

But seriously, Bills win (with injuries) in a landslide. 

2 hours ago, BillAndPhilFan said:

Awesome, BAPF, we could use your mojo, although given your track record I am hoping you will consider going to KC the following week, too!

• Like (+1) 1

Hopefully, the loss at home last year against the Steelers serves as a vivid reminder the Bills need to be ready to go. If the Bills play to their ability they should win. Control the Steelers running game and pressure Pickett. No gaffes on special teams or gifting Pittsburgh easy points from turnovers. Pitt usually  plays tough D, so the offense needs to execute. BillsMafia should be revved up with only the second home game in 5 weeks.

Hopefully, Jordan P, Ed and Kumerow can get an extra week to get back to 100%. 

Lets get the W, come out healthy and move to 4-1.

LETS GO BUFFALO!

14 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

I don't trust our head coach. So yes, I am concerned with every game. Between our loss to the Jaguars last year, our first half against the Bucs, our blowout loss to the Titans at home, and our playoff loss to the Chiefs last year, I have reason to be concerned.  And that doesn't include the wind game against the Pats or the opening loss to the Steelers.  1 or 2 bad games is ok, not 5 or 6 of them. We started again this year with the incomplete games.  Week in and week out this team is not playing up to what it is capable of doing. 

3-1, top 5 in nearly every category

This bills2021 character is here to stir the drink

2 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

He is no Lamar Jackson. 

4.73 at the combine. Around what Allen ran. Yet, he is not a running threat they could lean on. 

I would group him in with someone like David Carr or Aaron Rogers regarding his capability and willingness. I don’t expect him to rip off 35 yard runs, but he is capable to extend plays and will keep his eyes down field looking to deliver the ball while on the move. 

I don't think he's ready for the NFL and especially the Bills defense at home. I think he's in for an eye opening experience. 

Pre Draft, I never really liked Pickett. He's not terrible but he's not elite either. He was probably more like a 3rd or 4th round worthy selection. However, we all know how QBs get massive pumps up for obvious reasons. The Steelers had to do something because they didn't have anything at QB. They talked themselves into the local kid. 

12 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

They still have a couple good pass rushers and we still have an oline that can be a turnstile at the worst time.  I dont see losing this game though.

He isnt as far as we know.  McD wouldnt comment on it last I heard and I havent seen anything saying he was removed from PUP list.

And he won't be removed until a week or two after he starts practicing.

45 minutes ago, eball said:

This is comedy gold.  Call Netflix, you need a special.

Don't Feed the Troll

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.