Week 5: Steelers at Bills 10/9 1pm

YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I love how you left out the rest of the response in your quote. 

You’re the best Badol! 

It didn't warrant discussion because no organization was going to wait 20 years for a HC to win his first Super Bowl without making a change.........and that's how long it ultimately took Reid.   You are clearly uninformed about Reid's end in Philly as well.........he wasn't just terminated because of one bad season.......after his son died of an overdose in the Eagles facilities it became untenable for all parties involved.  

But the point I made is a good learning opportunity for you in life and business........."it could be worse" is not a strategy it's a crutch. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, appoo said:

Logically, I don’t understand how the Steelers keep the Bills from scoring on almost every drive short of the best safety in the league (Minkah) going absolutely nuts. They don’t remotely have the horses in the front 7. Hell I’m not ever sure this defense has the horses to consistently stop the Bills run D.

Yet the Steelers always play Buffalo tough so I expect them to stuff the run and get to Allen

What! Hayward and tuitt?!?! (Spelling) they wrecked the bills oline last year 

1 minute ago, appoo said:

Tuitt isn’t there and Hayward - if he plays - will be playing hurt.

Turns out Tuitt wasn't there last year either? Months back i was going to make a point about Pitt's d-line giving us fits, but it was without Tuitt in the opener last year. He retired suddenly, innit?

33 minutes ago, Simon said:

Highsmith isn't bad and I absolutely fear Cam Heyward; one of this league's legitimate badasses. Although Cam's age is starting to show as his physical play is starting to result in him getting dinged up regularly. He injured both an ankle and an elbow last week vs the Jets.

Highsmith dominated Dion Dawkins last year when Schno was coming off covid. I'm not too worried about it this time around but he does seem like a dude to keep an eye on.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

Go look at who Philly has played. And don't forget they got AJ Brown. Then comeback and tell me it's the coach . The best team they've played was the Vikings.

The point is that the Eagles have defied the idiots who believe that the success of coaching hires is random and therefore you shouldn't fire one if he has had some success.

Getting AJ Brown was a great, aggressive move though.   Sign me up for having two #1 receivers.   If the Bills had that they'd be 4-0 with a bullet right now.    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

The Steelers are extremely well coached. Much better than the Bills.  This game is not a gimme. My biggest concern is overlooking this game because of the Chiefs the following week.  I think people are going to realize we have flaws that the injuries and weather excuses have been covering.

1) We can't run the ball   2) We lack consistency.   This is the game to get on track.  

Martin Short Franck GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Highsmith dominated Dion Dawkins last year when Schno was coming off covid. I'm not too worried about it this time around but he does seem like a dude to keep an eye on.

Myles Jack has looked pretty good this year too. Although Devin Bush still seems to be a shadow of himself. They're also a little light at the Nose.

They've actually been playing pretty well as a group with no help from their offense, but they haven't seen anything like Allen and Co. this year.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It didn't warrant discussion because no organization was going to wait 20 years for a HC to win his first Super Bowl without making a change.........and that's how long it ultimately took Reid.   You are clearly uninformed about Reid's end in Philly as well.........he wasn't just terminated because of one bad season.......after his son died of an overdose in the Eagles facilities it became untenable for all parties involved.  

But the point I made is a good learning opportunity for you in life and business........."it could be worse" is not a strategy it's a crutch. 

So why bring up Sirianni in your initial post? The premise of your first post was the Eagles are in a better position because Reid is gone. If I can’t discuss how that’s just not true, then don’t introduce that point. 

You love moving the goal post.

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The point is that the Eagles have defied the idiots who believe that the success of coaching hires is random and therefore you shouldn't fire one if he has had some success.

Yeah I said the success of hiring  coaches is random. Go quote me on it you fool. 

Kelly wasn’t successful. Made the playoffs once and went 1 and done. sucked in SF too. 

Pederson won a Super Bowl. He had one good season out of 4 and was fired. 

Sirianni is 13-8 so far? That qualifies him as a good hire. 

I mean come on man. None of them hold a candle to Reid and don’t even come close to being a top 10 HC in the leagues. 

Just now, EmotionallyUnstable said:

From what I’m reading:

Looks like the Steelers OL can be vulnerable, especially if we come back healthy with Phillips and Oliver. 

They have some young players who appear to be inconsistent. They seem to get their best play out of their RT Chuck Okafor. 

The 2 games I watched of theirs the OL was bad.  Trubisky failed but that OL was a big part of it.

7 minutes ago, Simon said:

Myles Jack has looked pretty good this year too. Although Devin Bush still seems to be a shadow of himself. They're also a little light at the Nose.

They've actually been playing pretty well as a group with no help from their offense, but they haven't seen anything like Allen and Co. this year.

Being light in the middle must drive Tomlin crazy. :lol: Not like we can take advantage anyway but I like that. 

I see Highsmith has 5.5 sacks already.

Jack looked good in the Browns game I think it was.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, UncleMonkeyHead said:

Steelers are a different team w/o Watt. 

Watt is such a beast. He went off in the Bengals game. His INT was insane. And he has made picks like that a few times in his career. Steelers probably would have beaten the Browns with Watt and certainly the Jets.

5 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

So glad to have Lawson and Phillips back!

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I don't see McDermott anywhere close to any kind of hot seat...........but the old "it sure as hell can get a lot worse" defense is just something people who don't pursue excellence say.     It could have gotten a lot worse  when New England fired Pete Carroll......but it got A LOT better.    There are countless examples of teams firing a coach with some kind of defensible track record and then getting better.   Philly fired Andy Reid for going 4-12........Chip Kelly was hired and then won 20 games the next two seasons........Kelly had an off season and got fired and Doug Pederson was hired and won a SB........Pederson stumbled a bit so they replace him with Nick Siriani and are the the only undefeated team in the NFL.   Success with hirings is not random.   

Wouldn’t be crowing about siriani great success based on 4 games. Just saying…

46 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

"it could be worse" is not a strategy it's a crutch. 

"It could be worse" isn't the point. The point is that even the best coaches in the league are often questioned for their decision making. The best coaches in the league can't win consistently without a top QB. McDermott isn't clearly the best coach in the league but he is clearly one of them.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

I am very positive. If we get the #1 seed in the AFC I think we are going to win the Super Bowl.  I am worried about our coaching. This looks like 2021 all over again.

Our coaching is great, Tomlin is trash, maybe he can trip someone this week to have a chance? He won the SB by luck and with the help of the refs, without the zebras he is a loser.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.