Week 5: Steelers at Bills 10/9 1pm

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Bills2022 said:

I don't trust our head coach. So yes, I am concerned with every game. Between our loss to the Jaguars last year, our first half against the Bucs, our blowout loss to the Titans at home, and our playoff loss to the Chiefs last year, I have reason to be concerned.  And that doesn't include the wind game against the Pats or the opening loss to the Steelers.  1 or 2 bad games is ok, not 5 or 6 of them. We started again this year with the incomplete games.  Week in and week out this team is not playing up to what it is capable of doing. 

Sounds like an awfully stressful situation for you. I doubt McDermott will be fired anytime soon, but this is no way to live. I’d suggest finding a less stressful team to follow with a coach you approve of. That way win or lose, at least you can sleep at night. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 3

Logically, I don’t understand how the Steelers keep the Bills from scoring on almost every drive short of the best safety in the league (Minkah) going absolutely nuts. They don’t remotely have the horses in the front 7. Hell I’m not ever sure this defense has the horses to consistently stop the Bills run D.

Yet the Steelers always play Buffalo tough so I expect them to stuff the run and get to Allen

Edited by appoo

27 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Explain to me how Philadelphia achieved excellence in choosing Kelly/Pederson/Sirianni over Reid? You probably should have used one of the OTHER countless examples 😂

How else does one achieve excellence in the NFL?   They won the Super Bowl that Reid could not deliver in 14 long years in Philly.    

You would have failed concussion protocol with that stupid response, btw. :lol:

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, appoo said:

Logically, I don’t understand how the Steelers keep the Bills from scoring on almost every drive short of the best safety in the league (Minkah) going absolutely nuts. They don’t remotely have the horses in the front 7. Hell I’m not ever sure this defense has the horses to consistently stop the Bills run D

They still have a couple good pass rushers and we still have an oline that can be a turnstile at the worst time.  I dont see losing this game though.

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

wait did I miss something?   I thought he wasn’t even back at practice yet

He isnt as far as we know.  McD wouldnt comment on it last I heard and I havent seen anything saying he was removed from PUP list.

This is something I noted against Baltimore I wonder if anyone can comment on: 

I noticed on multiple occasions, a defensive alignment that had both DEs lined up in 2 point stances in the A gaps on long down and distances. 

Generally we see that double A walk up from both LBs, I thought it was interesting to see Greg and Von, and another combination lined up on the inside. 

2 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

Tomlin is a world champion coach.  McDermott is not. 

How many years ago did that happen?

48 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

How else does one achieve excellence in the NFL?   They won the Super Bowl that Reid could not deliver in 14 long years in Philly.    

I love how you left out the rest of the response in your quote. 

You can’t possibly argue that Philadelphia is better today without Andy Reid. They haven’t been better in the decade he’s been gone and aren’t better today. 

You're acting as if Reid was fired and Philadelphia immediately won the big one the next season. It took 5 years and 2 HCs to get there and they’re on their 3rd HC in 9 years because outside of 1 magical run they’ve been pretty mediocre while Reid has lapped the rest of the league. 

You’re the best Badol! 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, appoo said:

Logically, I don’t understand how the Steelers keep the Bills from scoring on almost every drive short of the best safety in the league (Minkah) going absolutely nuts. They don’t remotely have the horses in the front 7. Hell I’m not ever sure this defense has the horses to consistently stop the Bills run D.

Yet the Steelers always play Buffalo tough so I expect them to stuff the run and get to Allen

Usually involves being harassed by TJ watt though. They’re not the same without him

• Like (+1) 1

Food for thought on Steelers after 4 games

Have only scored 6 TDs on offense

Giving up 130 yds on the ground per game

Have only scored 2 passing TDs

Questions for Bills

Weird that Josh got treatment on throwing hand at end of Miami game yet never appeared on injury report last week.  If his hand is bothering him - might it be why do many errant those yday?

With Crowder out and L'il Dirty in concussion protocol who plays KR and PR.  Guess Shakir on punts and Cook on kickoffs?

With less WRs healthy does Dorsey go big and use 21 or 22 formations?

Edited by freddyjj

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I don't see McDermott anywhere close to any kind of hot seat...........but the old "it sure as hell can get a lot worse" defense is just something people who don't pursue excellence say.     It could have gotten a lot worse  when New England fired Pete Carroll......but it got A LOT better.    There are countless examples of teams firing a coach with some kind of defensible track record and then getting better.   Philly fired Andy Reid for going 4-12........Chip Kelly was hired and then won 20 games the next two seasons........Kelly had an off season and got fired and Doug Pederson was hired and won a SB........Pederson stumbled a bit so they replace him with Nick Siriani and are the the only undefeated team in the NFL.   Success with hirings is not random.   

Go look at who Philly has played. And don't forget they got AJ Brown. Then comeback and tell me it's the coach . The best team they've played was the Vikings.

25 minutes ago, appoo said:

Logically, I don’t understand how the Steelers keep the Bills from scoring on almost every drive short of the best safety in the league (Minkah) going absolutely nuts

Highsmith isn't bad and I absolutely fear Cam Heyward; one of this league's legitimate badasses. Although Cam's age is starting to show as his physical play is starting to result in him getting dinged up regularly. He injured both an ankle and an elbow last week vs the Jets.

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Chip Kelly won the Super Bowl?

3 hours ago, Magox said:

What a nightmare for a rookie QB to go against this Bills defense that disguises their coverage so affectively for their very first start.

Lets hope so! After these last two roller coaster games, I’d enjoy a put this game away Bills victory with everyone healthy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.