Week 5: Steelers at Bills 10/9 1pm

YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

I don't trust our head coach. So yes, I am concerned with every game. Between our loss to the Jaguars last year, our first half against the Bucs, our blowout loss to the Titans at home, and our playoff loss to the Chiefs last year, I have reason to be concerned.  And that doesn't include the wind game against the Pats or the opening loss to the Steelers.  1 or 2 bad games is ok, not 5 or 6 of them. We started again this year with the incomplete games.  Week in and week out this team is not playing up to what it is capable of doing. 

I've been on like 5 different threads since logging on at 6:30 and you've been screaming doom and gloom in EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Try something positive!

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

I've been on like 5 different threads since logging on at 6:30 and you've been screaming doom and gloom in EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Try something positive!

I am very positive. If we get the #1 seed in the AFC I think we are going to win the Super Bowl.  I am worried about our coaching. This looks like 2021 all over again.

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 2

10 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

I am very positive. If we get the #1 seed in the AFC I think we are going to win the Super Bowl.  I am worried about our coaching. This looks like 2021 all over again.

Talk to a fan of any other team (even the good ones) and they're going to irrationally complain about coaching.

You're talking up Tomlin as a great HC and I'll go chat with my friends who are Steelers season ticket holders and they'll say they've wanted Tomlin fired for 5 years, his teams underperform, they show up unprepared, etc. College buddies are Patriots fans, they want Belichick on the hot seat. Ravens are clamoring for Harbaugh to go...

It doesn't get much better than McDermott, but it sure as hell can get a lot worse.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 6

16 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Talk to a fan of any other team (even the good ones) and they're going to irrationally complain about coaching.

You're talking up Tomlin as a great HC and I'll go chat with my friends who are Steelers season ticket holders and they'll say they've wanted Tomlin fired for 5 years, his teams underperform, they show up unprepared, etc. College buddies are Patriots fans, they want Belichick on the hot seat. Ravens are clamoring for Harbaugh to go...

It doesn't get much better than McDermott, but it sure as hell can get a lot worse.

I don't see McDermott anywhere close to any kind of hot seat...........but the old "it sure as hell can get a lot worse" defense is just something people who don't pursue excellence say.     It could have gotten a lot worse  when New England fired Pete Carroll......but it got A LOT better.    There are countless examples of teams firing a coach with some kind of defensible track record and then getting better.   Philly fired Andy Reid for going 4-12........Chip Kelly was hired and then won 20 games the next two seasons........Kelly had an off season and got fired and Doug Pederson was hired and won a SB........Pederson stumbled a bit so they replace him with Nick Siriani and are the the only undefeated team in the NFL.   Success with hirings is not random.   

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Magox said:

What a nightmare for a rookie QB to go against this Bills defense that disguises their coverage so affectively for their very first start.

Forget the coverages. Just look at what we have in the front 4 on rush downs. 

1 hour ago, Bills2022 said:

I don't trust our head coach. So yes, I am concerned with every game. Between our loss to the Jaguars last year, our first half against the Bucs, our blowout loss to the Titans at home, and our playoff loss to the Chiefs last year, I have reason to be concerned.  And that doesn't include the wind game against the Pats or the opening loss to the Steelers.  1 or 2 bad games is ok, not 5 or 6 of them. We started again this year with the incomplete games.  Week in and week out this team is not playing up to what it is capable of doing. 

Blowout loss to the Titans at home? When did this happen?

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I don't see McDermott anywhere close to any kind of hot seat...........but the old "it sure as hell can get a lot worse" defense is just something people who don't pursue excellence say.     It could have gotten a lot worse  when New England fired Pete Carroll......but it got A LOT better.    There are countless examples of teams firing a coach with some kind of defensible track record and then getting better.   Philly fired Andy Reid for going 4-12........Chip Kelly was hired and then won 20 games the next two seasons........Kelly had an off season and got fired and Doug Pederson was hired and won a SB........Pederson stumbled a bit so they replace him with Nick Siriani and are the the only undefeated team in the NFL.   Success with hirings is not random.   

Thanks for proving my point.

You’re telling me Philadelphia made a good decision and upgraded by replacing Reid with Kelly/Pederson/Sirianni? 

The Eagles have been to the playoffs 5/9 seasons since firing Reid. They have 3 playoff wins in 9 seasons since firing Reid (all of them came with the Super Bowl winning run which took 2 cracks at hiring the right head coach!). They’ve won 78 regular season games over the span Reid has been gone. 

Meanwhile KC has been to the playoffs 8/9 seasons since hiring Reid. They have 19 playoff wins and have won 103 regular season games over than same span. 2 Super Bowl appearances and a win. 

Explain to me how Philadelphia achieved excellence in choosing Kelly/Pederson/Sirianni over Reid? You probably should have used one of the OTHER countless examples 😂

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

There it is

I knew it! They only picked up Tribuski to get information on the Daboll offense.  Belichic I mean Tomlin has outcoached McD again!

The Steelers are not a good team.  That doesn't make them dangerous.  Pretty sure the Jaguars were not a good team when we lost to them 9-6 last year.  I believe we were 2 TD favorites in that game too.  Believe they started a rookie QB too.  We had 3 turnovers and 12 penalties.  How quickly people forget.

Ok so any given Sunday is the same for every single team in the league.  Got it.

• Simon pinned this topic

So you are saying you wont ever enjoy a game this season until after the Bills win a super bowl and you will try to enjoy it then but probably be concerned we can't repeat.  Got it.

• Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Yep, the Steeler fans I know do not like Tomlin. 

2 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

The Steelers are extremely well coached. Much better than the Bills.  This game is not a gimme. My biggest concern is overlooking this game because of the Chiefs the following week.  I think people are going to realize we have flaws that the injuries and weather excuses have been covering.

1) We can't run the ball   2) We lack consistency.   This is the game to get on track.  

Are you a Bills fan or just on here trolling? 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

Try something positive!

He's worried about 5 or 6 loses across 3 seasons. Why wouldn't he only see doom and gloom?

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yes JJ is more of a box tackler where Hamlin has better cover skills. With TJ Watt out and Trubisky likely benched for Pickett, the Bills should have their way in this one.

I hope they learn from last year Jacksonville. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.