If I told you... (Injury Reflections)

Captain Caveman

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Have a nice evening

I know that when I had the "New Member" tag under my name, the first thing I did was pick a contrarian argument with the guy who has "Moderator" under his. Troll Union, membership # T193746.

• Haha (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

Before the season that the below players had missed games (or big chunks of games) in weeks 1-4, what would you expect our record to be at this point (against Rams, Titans, Dolphins and Ravens)

Tre White (1st 4 games at least)
Ed Oliver (multiple games)

Micah Hyde (out for season after game 2)

Gabe Davis (1 game, other games played but still impacted)

Dane Jackson (multiple games)

Christian Benford (multiple games)

Jordan Poyer

Mitch Morse

Greg Van Roten (when starting for Morse)

Spencer Brown (in same game as Morse was out)

Ryan Bates (in same game as Morse was out)

Tommy Doyle (in same game as Morse and Spencer Brown was out)

Isiah McKenzie and Jamison Crowder (both in 2nd half of the same game)

Edited to add

Jordan Phillips (multiple games)

Tim Settle

Jake Kumerow (1 game so far, looks like more coming)

Xavier Rhodes (who had been signed to replace Jackson / Benford but got bit by the Buffalo Defensive Backfield Curse of 2022)

The Bills have weathered some very bad injury luck through the 1st four weeks, and hopefully should be getting some reinforcements soon.  Just typing this all out (I probably missed some players also) made me feel grateful to be sitting at 3-1 going into this week's game.

First, I woulda said you better get a priest and some holy water to get rid of whatever curse it is that's been put on our guys.  

Then I'd probably go 2-2. Maybe 1-3 if I was already in a bad mood when you asked me.

Edited by Billz4ever

22 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

I know that when I had the "New Member" tag under my name, the first thing I did was pick a contrarian argument with the guy who has "Moderator" under his. Troll Union, membership # T193746.

At least you would have done it with style and wit, making the debate itself all but moot. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ILBillsfan said:

The schemes are there but players ahve to execute...seeing mutliple times a game that there are WR's in the same zone this you know is somebody running the wrong route or reding the D incorrectly....it's easy to say get guys the ball but players have to execute and make the proper reads.  It is still early in the Dorsey system so there will be some growth....

Valid thoughts, just over stating the obvious, 👍

GO Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I would have said the entire premise is absurd because, with the top notch training facilities and the training staff, this scenario would be impossible.

The crazy thing is all these ankle injuries.  Not much can be done about that.  It seems just a bad luck run that hopefully will run its course.

On 10/3/2022 at 4:24 PM, The Wiz said:

And copper rush looks better than dak at this point. 

If you don't think injuries haven't played a role in the outcome of games then @DC Tom had a few choice words for you. 

*sigh*  Work work work work work...on it...

On 10/3/2022 at 4:19 PM, Bills2022 said:

So has everyone else.  Look at all the 2nd and 3rd string QB's playing yesterday.  I don't think injuries have played into the outcome of games so far.  The Bills have looked great and at times they have looked terrible in the same game.  The lack consistency.  So far they have only played one complete game against the Titans, and they sat their starters in the 4th quarter.  

Rams game 1st half.  Bad.

Dolphins. 2nd half.  Bad

Ravens 1st half. Bad

You're an idiot.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/3/2022 at 4:09 PM, TheBrownBear said:

I'm inclined to rest them through the bye if that ensures that they are truly 100% against Green Bay.  I think we can win the Pittsburgh game without them and KC is going to be a tough game with or without them.  I normally wouldn't think this way, but this isn't a normal season we've had so far.

I think they're resting Knox and Poyer this week because they're banged up (but not necessarily injured).  The KC game is HUGE, and they're doing what they can to be as close to full strength as possible for that one.

On 10/3/2022 at 7:09 PM, Mr. WEO said:

I would have said the entire premise is absurd because, with the top notch training facilities and the training staff, this scenario would be impossible.

Over the past few seasons as the Bills were able to remain relatively healthy, the top notch training facilities and staff were always brought up. Wondering with everything they have been dealing with this season if that was just luck all along or if something significantly changed or standards declined with training more recently. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/3/2022 at 4:19 PM, Bills2022 said:

So has everyone else.  Look at all the 2nd and 3rd string QB's playing yesterday.  I don't think injuries have played into the outcome of games so far.  The Bills have looked great and at times they have looked terrible in the same game.  The lack consistency.  So far they have only played one complete game against the Titans, and they sat their starters in the 4th quarter.  

Rams game 1st half.  Bad.

Dolphins. 2nd half.  Bad

Ravens 1st half. Bad

This take just makes no sense. The one thing the Bills have consistent with is an absurd number of multiple score wins over opponents.

You slice out a half here and a half there to show the Bills didn't do much in those periods? Fine. But what freaking team doesn't have that? 

As for injuries not playing into the outcome of the games as others have said, the healthy week 1 bills that played the rams obliterate the fish. Its asinine to believe it had no effect on this game (along with the crappy heat stroke games, Miami gets to play.)

Edited by What a Tuel

On 10/3/2022 at 4:12 PM, Shake_My_Head said:

With this injury list, I'll be very happy with 4-2 at the bye.   The schedule difficulty is front-loaded and with some better health, the remaining 11 games look very winnable.

yep.  But man… A loss to the Chiefs would suck as far as our chances for the #1 seed… just gotta go on a huge win streak after the bye and hope the Chiefs stumble in a few games like they did against Indy.

On 10/3/2022 at 8:05 PM, Pete said:

Brutal opening schedule that the Bills navigated great, despite numerous injuries, down key players, and still is clear favorite to win SB.  Schedule gets easy after our much needed bye week

Without researching, I don’t remember significant injuries last year, and we were SB caliber.  I think we need top tier players back for SB hopes, but it’s gotta be good that other players are getting reps.  

On 10/3/2022 at 5:22 PM, Bills2022 said:

No, it isn't that complicated.  Teams have injuries. Not just the Bills.  The Dolphins had injuries too.  You live in some make believe world where everyone is healthy and if only the Bills were healthy they would have executed better.  Nonsense.  The perfectly healthy Bills have not executed many times over the years. Just look at the Rams first half. 

We'll bring back EJ Manuel if it makes you happy...

On 10/3/2022 at 3:28 PM, Captain Caveman said:

Before the season that the below players had missed games (or big chunks of games) in weeks 1-4, what would you expect our record to be at this point (against Rams, Titans, Dolphins and Ravens)

Tre White (1st 4 games at least)
Ed Oliver (multiple games)

Micah Hyde (out for season after game 2)

Gabe Davis (1 game, other games played but still impacted)

Dane Jackson (multiple games)

Christian Benford (multiple games)

Jordan Poyer

Mitch Morse

Greg Van Roten (when starting for Morse)

Spencer Brown (in same game as Morse was out)

Ryan Bates (in same game as Morse was out)

Tommy Doyle (in same game as Morse and Spencer Brown was out)

Isiah McKenzie and Jamison Crowder (both in 2nd half of the same game)

Edited to add

Jordan Phillips (multiple games)

Tim Settle

Jake Kumerow (1 game so far, looks like more coming)

Xavier Rhodes (who had been signed to replace Jackson / Benford but got bit by the Buffalo Defensive Backfield Curse of 2022)

The Bills have weathered some very bad injury luck through the 1st four weeks, and hopefully should be getting some reinforcements soon.  Just typing this all out (I probably missed some players also) made me feel grateful to be sitting at 3-1 going into this week's game.

You forgot about Knox missing time too. 

On 10/3/2022 at 4:30 PM, Captain Caveman said:

Seriously, you don't think we win that Miami game if not missing Mitch Morse, Greg van Roten (his backup), Ryan Bates, Spencer Brown, Ed Oliver, Jordan Phillips, Micah Hyde, Jordan Poyer, and others?

Nope.  We had 300 yards more offense.  Held them to 200 yards.  Would have been no different.  Bills dominated the game.  They just didn't execute. 

On 10/3/2022 at 7:03 PM, Ralonzo said:

Well you obviously have no faith in the Moderator being fair.  "Trolls" aka people who disagree with you, have faith in people moderating the board fairly.  If everyone had the same opinions, which you seem to think should be the case, there would be no need for a board moderator.  Just a bunch of mindless idiots here patting each other on the back.  

On 10/3/2022 at 5:22 PM, Bills2022 said:

No, it isn't that complicated.  Teams have injuries. Not just the Bills.  The Dolphins had injuries too.  You live in some make believe world where everyone is healthy and if only the Bills were healthy they would have executed better.  Nonsense.  The perfectly healthy Bills have not executed many times over the years. Just look at the Rams first half. 

not every team has 33% of their 53-man roster on the injury report.

I'd be willing to say no other team does.

2 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

Well you obviously have no faith in the Moderator being fair.  "Trolls" aka people who disagree with you, have faith in people moderating the board fairly.  If everyone had the same opinions, which you seem to think should be the case, there would be no need for a board moderator.  Just a bunch of mindless idiots here patting each other on the back.  

You make an awesome point! Let me pat you on the back for that one.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.