If I told you... (Injury Reflections)

Captain Caveman

9 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

I don't think injuries have played into the outcome of games so far. 

Seriously, you don't think we win that Miami game if not missing Mitch Morse, Greg van Roten (his backup), Ryan Bates, Spencer Brown, Ed Oliver, Jordan Phillips, Micah Hyde, Jordan Poyer, and others?

First of all I’d have been surprised if I knew the one loss would be the fish, but we killed the others. 
But in all honesty, we’re looking good. Hopefully we’ll get the walking wounded healthy and avoid any other major losses. 

I would have expected us to give up 300+ yards in the air due to Poyer/Hyde/White/Jackson being out and rookies manning both outside CB spots

In reality, we have only given up 150 passing yards per game (which is 2nd best in the league with the 49ers in the lead but they're playing the Rams tonight) and only 3 passing TD's allowed

I would have expected our run D to suffer with Hyde/Poyer/Phillips/Oliver out

In reality, we are 4th best in the league and giving up only 3.5 YPC

Lezlie Frazier deserves to win Assistant Coach of the Year

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Simon said:

Yeah, and they likely execute if you put 9 of their starters back on the field.

They do?  Based on what? Your feelings?

We had 500 yards of offense.  The Defense held them to 200 yards of offense.  We had 90 plays.  They have 39.  We had the ball 40 minutes.  They had the ball 20 minutes.  You really can't do much better than that even if you have all your starters. They didn't produce when it mattered. Period.  Explain to me how our injuries factored into missing a FG?  How about all those missed passes? Were our coaches injured too?  Because they sure as heck didn't bring their A game.  

• Dislike 2

1 minute ago, Bills2022 said:

They do?  Based on what? Your feelings?

Based on their starters are better players than their backups and as a result are likely to execute better?

It's not real complicated unless you want it to be.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Simon said:

Based on their starters are better players than their backups and as a result are likely to execute better?

It's not real complicated unless you want it to be.

No, it isn't that complicated.  Teams have injuries. Not just the Bills.  The Dolphins had injuries too.  You live in some make believe world where everyone is healthy and if only the Bills were healthy they would have executed better.  Nonsense.  The perfectly healthy Bills have not executed many times over the years. Just look at the Rams first half. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Bills2022 said:

The Dolphins had injuries too. 

They were also missing 9 starters and multiple backups?

Just look at the Rams first half. 

You mean where they were tied on the road against the defending SB champs in the first half and then blew them out in the second?

You're embarrassing yourself.

• Agree 1

Just now, Simon said:

They were also missing 9 starters and multiple backups?

You mean where they were tied on the road against the defending SB champs in the first half and then blew them out in the second?

You're embarrassing yourself.

Their QB got knocked out of the game. He played a half with a concussion.  That is bigger than missing our starters.  And obviously our backups were capable. They only put up a mere 500 yards and our banged up defense held the concussed QB of the Dolphins to 200 yards.   

You are the one embarrassing yourself. Just admit you are wrong. Stats don't lie.

• Dislike 2

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Imo, we need to figure out how to get Knox, Shakir, McKenzie etc, more involved, so they can compliment Diggs more while Davis heals up, that and our O line coach and OC need to have a sit down and figure out how to scheme run plays, that don’t suck, lol, jmo.

Go  Bills!!!

The schemes are there but players ahve to execute...seeing mutliple times a game that there are WR's in the same zone this you know is somebody running the wrong route or reding the D incorrectly....it's easy to say get guys the ball but players have to execute and make the proper reads.  It is still early in the Dorsey system so there will be some growth....

6 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

Their QB got knocked out of the game. He played a half with a concussion.  That is bigger than missing our starters.  And obviously our backups were capable. They only put up a mere 500 yards and our banged up defense held the concussed QB of the Dolphins to 200 yards.   

You are the one embarrassing yourself. Just admit you are wrong. Stats don't lie.

Actually I just saw your infantile screaming crusade in the Balt game thread and realized I have zero interest in interacting with your total lack of character. Particularly since you are a repetitive troll that has already been bounced out of here once and are working hard for a repeat.

Have a nice evening.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Shake_My_Head said:

With this injury list, I'll be very happy with 4-2 at the bye.   The schedule difficulty is front-loaded and with some better health, the remaining 11 games look very winnable.

If Ed and Jordan Phillips can play in the KC at 100%, I want the W. If they are not ready it will be hard to win that game and I’ll understand. Maybe you could say the same thing about Gabe and Dawson. They are both beat-up and we need them at 100% to get them to be super effective and have big days.

I think there is a chance all four of those players are good to go in two weeks. Maybe I’m naive, IDK?

But I can’t stand KC and I want homefield in the playoff game and that will be huge.

We can beat them if we’re healthy…. We gotta be ready for them like we were ready for the rams only we need to avoid the TOs…

5 minutes ago, Simon said:

Actually I just saw your infantile screaming crusade in the Balt game thread and realized I have zero interest in interacting with your total lack of character. Particularly since you are a repetitive troll that has already been bounced out of here once and are working hard for a repeat.

Have a nice evening.

When the personal attacks come out you know you lost the argument.  Losing an argument is tough for some. Don't worry, you will win some eventually.

When the personal attacks come out you know you lost the argument.  Losing an argument is tough for some. Don't worry, you will win some eventually.

Have a nice evening

18 minutes ago, Simon said:

Have a nice evening.

That does seem to be the intent. The concept of starters being better than the backups seems easy enough. Is he a Miami fan, I’m guessing? 

1 hour ago, Bills2022 said:

Nope.  Bills win easily if they execute. They were able to put up 500 yards and hold the Dolphins to 200 yards with the guys they had on the field.  That says it all.  Even with the starters you aren't really going to improve on that type of dominance.  I am sure the Dolphins were missing a guy or two.  Part of football. 

Dude

What exactly do you think goes in the proper execution? Continuity? Playing time?

Skill?

And just to expand on the OP's thought here...

Aside from the injuries, look at things like turnovers, penalties, mistakes, sloppiness.

With the exception of the Tennessee game, I don't feel like we have seen anything CLOSE to us firing on all cylinders, with all hands on deck...and our record remains what it is, and having beaten a number of solid teams.

We are shaping up to put it all together (including injury returns) maybe as late as late November or early December.

We should be peaking at just the right time, and playing our most complete football when it matters most in the final stretch and into the playoffs.

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

You know he would've played out of his mind in that game. We'd be 4-0. Gotta get Oliver, Phillips & Tre back first.  Shakir can easily fill in for Crowder.

Aside from KC and Cinncy, the remaining games do look very winable.

with Cincy….buffalo could be locked in a seed before the ball is even snapped…if they locked in a seed theyare resting players.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.