No Mention of "Hard Rock Oven" Effects

theRalph

No mention has been made about the Hard Rock Oven effect. The Bills offense spent 40+ mins in that heat. So did the Dolphins D, but they only had til Thursday to recover and looked tired vs Cincinnati. The Bills had a whole week. But Josh still felt like crap until Friday (to say nothing of other players)...and it took the offense a quarter and a half to shake it all off yesterday. It's fine to leave it alone until you start ragging on the early offensive performance vs. the Ravens.

Edited by theRalph
typo
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, theRalph said:

No mention has been made about the Hard Rock Oven effect. The Bills offense spent 40+ mins in that heat. So did the Dolphins D, but hey only had til Thursday to recover and looked tired vs Cincinnati. The Bills had a whole week. But Josh still felt like ***** until Friday (to say nothing of other players)...and it took the offense a quarter and a half to shake it all off yesterday. It's fine to leave it alone until you start ragging on the early offensive performance vs. the Ravens.

It was mentioned multiple times on the CBS broadcast

• Like (+1) 5

"That" heat in the game against Miami was absolutely par for the course for SE FL at this time of year.

It certainly did look like the players struggled with it, but I don't know why it would be any different than any other recent year; we always play down in FL early, and they play in WNY late.

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, theRalph said:

No mention has been made about the Hard Rock Oven effect. The Bills offense spent 40+ mins in that heat. So did the Dolphins D, but they only had til Thursday to recover and looked tired vs Cincinnati. The Bills had a whole week. But Josh still felt like crap until Friday (to say nothing of other players)...and it took the offense a quarter and a half to shake it all off yesterday. It's fine to leave it alone until you start ragging on the early offensive performance vs. the Ravens.

I saw Dolphins fans using Josh saying that as an excuse for their ***** Thursday game.

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

"That" heat in the game against Miami was absolutely par for the course for SE FL at this time of year.

It certainly did look like the players struggled with it, but I don't know why it would be any different than any other recent year; we always play down in FL early, and they play in WNY late.

And the Bills have come away victorious in some of these games.

I don't know why all of a sudden the heat is an issue.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Actually not. It was extraordinary and immediately prior to a hurricane. Perhaps listen to or read a few player interviews about their experiences. SMH

10 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Superbowl winning teams don't find excuses they find solutions.

Who mentioned excuses? It's just a fact. They were flat early. Allen admitted to feeling poorly most of last week. They are a Superbowl team that snapped out of a hangover from the previous week.

Was fun checking on the Dolphin forums yesterday, full of idiotic hypocrites.  In one breath they're like "yay, Buffalo is still probably worn out from the sun game, can't wait for them to lose because of it".  Then in the next breath it's "lol I bet those whiner Bills fans will probably use the sun game as an excuse for losing to the Ravens, can't wait".

16 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Because some people need an excuse to try and explain how it was the heat and not the Bills inability to put the ball in the endzone, despite multiple trips into Miami territory, that was the reason for the loss.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, theRalph said:

Actually not. It was extraordinary and immediately prior to a hurricane. Perhaps listen to or read a few player interviews about their experiences. SMH

Who mentioned excuses? It's just a fact. They were flat early. Allen admitted to feeling poorly most of last week. They are a Superbowl team that snapped out of a hangover from the previous week.

What?  The Hurricane had absolutely NOTHING to do with our game. Literally nothing.  And last year, when we beat them 35-0, the temp was within ONE degree of this game with identical humidity.  

The Bucs literally evacuated to Miami.

https://www.buccaneers.com/news/bucs-evacuate-to-miami-week-4-kansas-city-chiefs-hurricane-ian

• Like (+1) 3

43 minutes ago, theRalph said:

I'm genuinely curious, was this actually said? and by who?

10 minutes ago, Frostbite said:

I'm genuinely curious, was this actually said? and by who?

I never heard it and Josh never said anything about not feeling great on Kyle Brandt's Basement. He specifically said he felt a little sore, but physically he was fine.

I think people are making a lot of assumptions that are being turned into statements that were never said.

Edited by Billz4ever

45 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

It was 10+ degrees hotter this year than last year. A 10 degree swing is going to have an effect.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, theRalph said:

Probably because they live and practice down there and have some acclimation to it.  They also got to wear white uniforms which help reflect sunlight and were in the shade on their sidelines.  

The Bills had none of these in their favor.  You cannot simply spend a day in a climate and think you can get acclimated to it, or even 5 days like the Pats did. It takes months and months.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, jlgarsh said:

It was 10+ degrees hotter this year than last year. A 10 degree swing is going to have an effect.

It was not 10 degrees hotter. I even looked it up on the weather almanac. Air temp was 88 last year, 89 this year with the same dewpoint (humidity).

Edited by Billz4ever

3 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

It was not 10 degrees hotter. I even looked it up on the weather almanac. Air temp was 88 last year, 89 this year with the same dewpoint (humidity).

It was definitely not sunny the entire game last year.  The on field temp was 112 as reported by Eric Wood, and assuredly was not that last year.

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Probably because they live and practice down there and have some acclimation to it.  They also got to wear white uniforms which help reflect sunlight and were in the shade on their sidelines.  

The Bills had none of these in their favor.  You cannot simply spend a day in a climate and think you can get acclimated to it, or even 5 days like the Pats did. It takes months and months.

Bingo.  People don't understand this (or don't want to), but the heat is a quick and easy excuse instead of simply acknowledging the Bills had numerous trips into Miami territory and couldn't put the ball in the endzone.

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

It was definitely not sunny the entire game last year.  The on field temp was 112 as reported by Eric Wood, and assuredly was not that last year.

It's a lame excuse.  We beat them 35-0 last year.  If we had won, nobody says a word about it. They might have said, yeah, it was super hot out there, but nobody would be making excuses and trying to blame the heat.

Edited by Billz4ever

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.