First quarter of schedule complete

TFBillsfan

1 minute ago, jlgarsh said:

I'd be thrilled for him if that happened. He's kept working for years and hanging around in the league.

Me too...something to be said for a guy who needed to be humbled but instead of pointing the fingers and blaming everyone else like EJ Manuel for his failures, he looked in the mirror owned up to them all, and decided he was going to make a change and put his nose to the grindstone and got to work, even when he didn't get any real chances for years and years.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

I feel incredibly spoiler to be annoyed at 3-1.  I expected us to be 2-2, or 3-1, but how we lost to the Dolphins sticks with me. I fully expect to beat the brakes next time. 

Besides that...

Pros

-Josh is still a dog

-Defensive scheme is next level.  Considering the injuries, to only give up 7 points in the second half through 4 games AND be able to completely remove the opposing teams top weapon is unreal

-Von is as advertised

-Groot is looking to be a great 1st round pick

-Diggs is on pace for another great season

-3-1 while have 3 road games

-Gugny is pregnant and I'm pretty sure it's mine

-Edmunds might not be complete trash

Cons

-Injuries

-***** the Dolphins

-Run game (playcalling and offensive line push)

-Red Zone conversion

-Chiefs are still legit, even without Hill

Around the league

-Denver has to be the biggest disappointment

-Lions can score!

-Jaguars might not fully suck

-JT with two non-existent games

-Weirdest start to a NFL season for runningbacks - Fantasy wise

-Eagles are the NFC favorites and it's not even close

Edited by Virgil

Weren't the first 7 games on our schedule supposed to be the hardest. At 3-1 they have 3 left. Pitt should be a win. At KC will be tough but the Bills did go there and beat them in regular season last year. GB didn't look all that great yesterday. For a while there I thought NE had the better of the play. Although they did get lucky not being called for delay of game on the TD. I think the Bills at worst will be 5-2 through the "toughest" part of the schedule. Maybe 6-1 if they can get the KC game.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Bandito said:

If you take away "Sun-Gate" in Miami and "Water-Gate" in Baltimore, this team is championship caliber! LOL

No need to take them away, just understand a season is 17 games and not 4, take into consideration variables including injuries, weather, home vs road and strength of opponents.

3-1 four weeks into the toughest 7 week stretch of your season and I’m thinking they’re right where they need to be.

26 minutes ago, ngbills said:

As of today: Bills and Chiefs are still the class of the AFC. My non-rose colored glasses opinion is that its still a 50-50 on who wins that AFC championship game. Knocking on the door you have the Dolphins (see how Tua plays out though) and Ravens. The should be better - its a long season teams are Cinci, LAC and Ten. So basically the same as last year, all about Bills and Chiefs with a few others trying to join/ruin the party. As for a Super Bowl, I dont see any NFC team as better than Bills or Chiefs. Phi will come back to earth as will NYG and DAL. MIN and GB are not very good 3-1's. TB looks old. Rams will get better but not looking great thus far.  

Our offensive line play needs to improve a lot if we are going to hang with the Chiefs.  I think our defense can close out if we hang points on the Chiefs but right now our offense is struggling to score.

51 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The most shocking thing to me is that Geno Smith has completed 77% of his passes through 4 games which is the highest rate in NFL history through 4 games...

Could he finally be living up to his talent? Are we about to see Rich Gannon part II?

Imagine what EJ could've been if we only waited this long. 😉

26 minutes ago, ngbills said:

As of today: Bills and Chiefs are still the class of the AFC. My non-rose colored glasses opinion is that its still a 50-50 on who wins that AFC championship game. Knocking on the door you have the Dolphins (see how Tua plays out though) and Ravens. The should be better - its a long season teams are Cinci, LAC and Ten. So basically the same as last year, all about Bills and Chiefs with a few others trying to join/ruin the party. As for a Super Bowl, I dont see any NFC team as better than Bills or Chiefs. Phi will come back to earth as will NYG and DAL. MIN and GB are not very good 3-1's. TB looks old. Rams will get better but not looking great thus far.  

We heard that last year and the Bengals went to the Super Bowl. The Colts and Dolphins just beat the Chiefs and Bills last week.  The Ravens and Chargers nearly beat both of them too.  The AFC is wide open. Honestly don't think the talent level is that much different between the Bills, Chiefs, Bengals, and Chargers. I also could see the Ravens, Browns, Titans and even the Jaguars knocking out one of the top teams if they don't show up.  Very tough conference.

1 hour ago, TFBillsfan said:

I don’t dispute your statement but I also am not going to overreact one way or another on the outcome of the Chiefs game in week 6. While the Chiefs are a major challenge for the Bills to get to their ultimate goal, they also aren’t perfect. They just got beat by Indy last week and I like our D more than theirs. But I do agree we can’t give them easy points like TB did or like we have done against MIA or Balt.

The Bills also have beaten the prior SB champions and #1 seed last season from the AFC. 

Yes.  Week 6 doesn't determine the outcome.   Every win is a big win, but the identity of this team will be apparent as we approach week 16, not week 6.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.