Tua is OUT Sunday

Steel City Mafia

7 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

He is out. Steelers are next week for fish

Yeah, thats what I thought.  

Heres a question... If this was Allen how would you all feel about him being out this week after seeing multiple doctors and cleared through protocol?  I would have wanted him pulled in the Miami game and not played on Thursday... Tua is where Tua is though and those things happened.  If it were Allen would you want him playing this week?  I think I would.  He has cleared after seeing multiple doctors.

I think there is a non public thing going around the NFL to be more cautious though.  Look at McKenzie last week.  I've never seen a player make it all the way to 5th stage of protocol and just needing the final ok from the team/independant and still not cleared to play.  I also think Miami got hosed getting Bridgewater pulled last week.  I like the new rule but I knew someone was going to get screwed.  Ironically it was Miami and it happened right away.

Edited by Scott7975

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

One kind of wonders what was going on with Tua for all that.

A couple things:

-what seems to be consecutive concussions w/ significant symptoms and the precautionary measures that may be added on top of routine treatments in this instance.

-also, the visibility, media coverage, and politics that hover over this entire charade and the team’s main priority not to be penalized or questioned again.

On 10/15/2022 at 3:12 PM, HOUSE said:

Tua has passed concussion protocols and will most likely start against Pittsburgh.  The Dolphins will be sorry when Tua is knocked out again. Should retire 

If he gets knocked out again this year it will be a disaster for Tua and the NFL. Hoping for the best for the guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

kid needs to retire...

Tape reading "Injured week 4 vs Bengals" at the bottom says that narrative continues. Never admitting that he was injured during the Bills game seems to be what the NFL has demanded that the media put out there.

On 10/16/2022 at 12:48 PM, DJB said:

I don't get the "we play in blizzards" thing.  Last time I looked, both teams played equally in a blizzard.

Since there is such a huge discrepancy with heat between sidelines there should be permanent shelter or dug out. At the game, the field crew or Bills people were moving around these ridiculously small sun shades to keep the Bills players from getting heat stroke.   This seems like a player safety issue for only one of the teams,  the visitors.  

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I don't get the "we play in blizzards" thing.  Last time I looked, both teams played equally in a blizzard.

Since there is such a huge discrepancy with heat between sidelines there should be permanent shelter or dug out. At the game, the field crew or Bills people were moving around these ridiculously small sun shades to keep the Bills players from getting heat stroke.   This seems like a player safety issue for only one of the teams,  the visitors.  

Or add teams switching sidelines at the half for any situations where there is a huge discrepancy between the two.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.