Tua is OUT Sunday

Steel City Mafia

On 10/15/2022 at 3:12 PM, HOUSE said:

Tua has passed concussion protocols and will most likely start against Pittsburgh.  The Dolphins will be sorry when Tua is knocked out again. Should retire 

And if by some miraculous reason he stays clean the rest of the year with no further concussions, both the dolphins and their fans will continue to remain indignant about the entire situation.

The world against the Dolphins.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Didn't his coach say that while he was being carted off, he was talking to him and he was somewhat lucid?  Now Tua is saying he doesn't remember being carted off...

He could have been talking and semi-lucid and not remember it later. My son's soccer teammate got a bad concussion and went back into the game and scored the winning goal. He didn't remember anything after the injury the next day and even had to ask if they won. Didn't remember scoring the goal or the bus ride home. But he was lucid enough in the moment to talk his way back into the game, play really well and communicate with team mates. 

The NFL office in New York is full of morons.  They should have called and made him sit out the 2nd half of the Bills game, and now they should be forcing him to sit out the season.  This guy is 1 concussion away from being brain dead.  He has been out only a few weeks after having two concussions.  This is insanity. What does the NFL say when they cart him off the field again?

Their schedule is an absolute joke for the next few weeks, but those teams can and probably will send Tua back to the hospital.

Edited by Bills2022

2 minutes ago, eball said:

I am honestly concerned for Tua.  Two concussions in a four day span…history of injuries…I get being an alpha male athlete and all, but I will be holding my breath every time he takes a hit.

the kid should walk away from the game with his life. one more. and there will be one more hit and it could be his last.

16 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Considering the NFL is making its owners millions and millions of dollars each year, I am not sure I would classify them as morons. 

Yes, because people making others lots of money can't be morons.  They can destroy the game overnight if Tua gets killed on the field. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Lost all respect for McDaniel. The Pope himself could have cleared Tua for a concussion but he himself was the final gatekeeper. He did not choose his player’s health/safety/future. He looked into his glassy eyes and sold his football coaching soul when he told him he could play after he fell twice and had to be held up by his OLine. McDaniel does not deserve the free pass everyone gave him and the worst part is: he won’t even pay the steepest price for it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, NORWOODS FOOT said:

Funny as hell, man!

That thing really made me laugh out loud!  Hard!

What a crazy video that is.

3 minutes ago, benderbender said:

Lost all respect for McDaniel. The Pope himself could have cleared Tua for a concussion but he himself was the final gatekeeper. He did not choose his player’s health/safety/future. He looked into his glassy eyes and sold his football coaching soul when he told him he could play after he fell twice and had to be held up by his OLine. McDaniel does not deserve the free pass everyone gave him and the worst part is: he won’t even pay the steepest price for it.

All of the neurologists out there seem to agree Tua should absolutely NOT play again this entire season, after having 2 serious injuries only a few days apart.  His brain is injured now and in a healing phase, and things are only going to get worse if it damaged again the way it is now.

I don't think we've seen the last of Tua's concussion problems, and that is kind of sickening.

The guy should watch out for his own career and life beyond football.

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

The guy should watch out for his own career and life beyond football.

So at what point do we throw our hands up and say if Tua wants his brain to be pudding by the time he turns 40, let him. Obviously he doesn’t care or has been convinced not to care, obviously. Not victim blaming but he seems to be a more than willing participant in this ridiculousness. 

Tua wants some CTE? Go get you some CTE Tua. It’s fun, just ask Demaryius Thomas, Junior Seau, Dave Duerson, Aaron Hernandez and the guy he killed, Jovan Belcher and the girl he killed and on and on and on and on.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.