Tua is OUT Sunday

Steel City Mafia

13 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I'm rooting for Tua because he's a human being, which is more important than football and his career right now.

But pre-injury to the Bengals he was on pace for an MVP type of season and hopefully he's able to pick up where he left off assuming he will be able to play again soon.

I wish him well-being as a human. As the qb of an opposing team in the division, I do not root for his professional success. When a player on a rival team does actually ascend to the status of MVP level, like Mahomes, I hope they play poorly, especially when they play my team. This is how it normally works when you root for one team and not for another. Football fandom is not an expression of ethical universal charity. I know this seems simplistic. The sort of thing perhaps you explain to an eight year old. So, either you are a troll or you were abused as a child and no one explained to you the basic principles of how to root for a team.

• Like (+1) 3

• 2 weeks later...

Tua out Sunday against Vikings

Teddy "Tread"water may be released from concussion protocol, but will not start

Phins going with Skylar Thompson with hopefully Treadwater as his back up

Come on Vikings...  

On 10/4/2022 at 7:46 AM, Dr. Who said:

I wish him well-being as a human. As the qb of an opposing team in the division, I do not root for his professional success. When a player on a rival team does actually ascend to the status of MVP level, like Mahomes, I hope they play poorly, especially when they play my team. This is how it normally works when you root for one team and not for another. Football fandom is not an expression of ethical universal charity. I know this seems simplistic. The sort of thing perhaps you explain to an eight year old. So, either you are a troll or you were abused as a child and no one explained to you the basic principles of how to root for a team.

These guys and the "Tua was on pace for an MVP" talk.

The guy had one, ONE good quarter of football all year and was wholly "meh" the rest.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

and they'll still pretend he didn't have a concussion in the Bills game.

But seriously if they're that certain Tua is out 3 weeks from that concussion that's pretty bad. Hating the Dolphins aside and I know this is his dream but you have to wonder if he should really consider not playing again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, wjag said:

Tua out Sunday against Vikings

Teddy "Tread"water may be released from concussion protocol, but will not start

Phins going with Skylar Thompson with hopefully Treadwater as his back up

Come on Vikings...  

If Skylar plays well and wins do they give Tua another game or two off and create a controversy?

Will Chris Berman cheez-out the audience by calling him "Buick" Skylar Thompson?

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

and they'll still pretend he didn't have a concussion in the Bills game.

But seriously if they're that certain Tua is out 3 weeks from that concussion that's pretty bad. Hating the Dolphins aside and I know this is his dream but you have to wonder if he should really consider not playing again.

This is sort of my thought. With everything we have seen from Tua in his last two games this seems quick. 

6 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

If Bridgewater is ready he should start. He’s had enough time in the league to not need much practice time. McNerd trying to outsmart everyone 

In his show, McKenzie said he felt he was ready to play, he'd passed all the testing, but Saturday they told him he couldn't play.

I suspect that teams may have been ordered ensure a concussed player does not return too early, especially a concussion with physical symptoms (being unable to move, tingling in arms and legs, fencing reflex etc).

Miami has probably been told that there will be an earth-shattering Ka-Boom if they do.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.