Tua is OUT Sunday

Steel City Mafia

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Every expert on this topic has make it clear that he should be looking at 3-4 MONTHS of no football, and sit for the remainder of the season.

It relates to the fact that he got 2 concussions in such a short period of time.

Had they sat him for 3-4 WEEKS after our game, he would be back and be fine (doing it the right way with the player's health coming first).

Their greed is HOPEFULLY going to lose him for the season.

Just remember, if he DOES come back in 2 or 3 or 4 GAMES---they are STILL not doing it right in Miami, and his health is very much at risk.

If he got another concussion again this year he would be lucky to be able to feed himself still much less play NFL football again.  To be fair most people are back from a singular concussion within 10 days.  If they keep him out more than a week, I think its proof positive (which I already believe) that the hit in Buffalo was also a concussion.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

You seem to continually find yourself here, when you obviously belong on a Flipper forum. I don't think Tua ever gets to elite. He's yet to establish himself with certitude as a solid qb, though with the talent around him, that should be feasible.

I'm rooting for Tua because he's a human being, which is more important than football and his career right now.

But pre-injury to the Bengals he was on pace for an MVP type of season and hopefully he's able to pick up where he left off assuming he will be able to play again soon.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Every expert on this topic has make it clear that he should be looking at 3-4 MONTHS of no football, and sit for the remainder of the season.

It relates to the fact that he got 2 concussions in such a short period of time.

Had they sat him for 3-4 WEEKS after our game, he would be back and be fine (doing it the right way with the player's health coming first).

Just remember, if he DOES come back in 2 or 3 or 4 GAMES---they are STILL not doing it right in Miami, and his health is very much at risk.

The good news is that the people at Brett Favre's cancer and poor folks foundation are backing the synapsin concussion nasal spray......it can't fail with that kind of support.   

SlimyTinyIvorybackedwoodswallow-max-1mb.

14 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I'm rooting for Tua because he's a human being, which is more important than football and his career right now.

But pre-injury to the Bengals he was on pace for an MVP type of season and hopefully he's able to pick up where he left off assuming he will be able to play again soon.

it was 3 games.  3.  trent edwards was being discussed as a possible mvp candidate the first 5 or so games of the season...so  yeah.

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

Edwards didn't have the previous body of work that Tua does, specifically being a top 5 draft pick.

there is no body of work.  he's a qb who was bailed out multiple times by fitz last year, and his draft pick has nothing to to with his nfl accomplishments.  how about the guy plays in a single playoff game before even thinking about calling him elite. on top of that, i'm not sure he's durable enough to be in the conversation of elite.   he seems like a good guy, but his team/staff did him wrong.  between the brady incident and hiding a concussion...the miami organization seems to be rivaling the browns as the most classless team in the nfl.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, teef said:

there is no body of work.  he's a qb who was bailed out multiple times by fitz last year, and his draft pick has nothing to to with his nfl accomplishments.  how about the guy plays in a single playoff game before even thinking about calling him elite. on top of that, i'm not sure he's durable enough to be in the conversation of elite.   he seems like a good guy, but his team/staff did him wrong.  between the brady incident and hiding a concussion...the miami organization seems to be rivaling the browns as the most classless team in the nfl.  

Fair enough and also why I didn't include Tua in my current top 5 conversation in that other thread.

My point is that based on Tua's numbers in his first 4 games (2 of which he didn't play the entire game) he's on pace for an elite season as far as the metrics go. Obviously if he misses extended time beyond the Jets game that changes things. Also not disagreeing with the point about his durability in this league as well based on his history.

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

Fair enough and also why I didn't include Tua in my current top 5 conversation in that other thread.

My point is that based on Tua's numbers in his first 4 games (2 of which he didn't play the entire game) he's on pace for an elite season as far as the metrics go. Obviously if he misses extended time beyond the Jets game that changes things. Also not disagreeing with the point about his durability in this league as well based on his history.

you can't play that game.  it's an entire season.  he had a few good quarters and that's it.  he's a better qb than most expected, but a handful of good showings in no way makes you elite.  that 4th quarter against the ravens really fooled some miami fans into thinking tua is something that he just isn't.  

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

I get that. However the Fins are ADAMANT that he only suffered ONE concussion. Against the Bengals. 

so they will put Tua long term health at risk watch. 

Is this under the NO ***** ***** CATEGORY? 🙄

Gonna be the least of the Fish Fry worries!

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I get that. However the Fins are ADAMANT that he only suffered ONE concussion. Against the Bengals. 

so they will put Tua long term health at risk watch. 

They announced DURING the Bills game that he was out to a head injury!

Then, they changed that around after Dr. Nick (he no longer with the NFL… but will be called for any litigation) said his holding his head was a Back injury!😂🤪

Edited by Billsatlastin2018

4 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

It is going to be a while if ever for McDaniel to  get past the public image of him and Tua fiasco.  Ignorant comments like that certainly dont help, only add fuel to the fire. 

He is an NFL head coach, if you aren't articulate enough to avoid saying such ignorant comments, better to keep your mouth shut.  He better hope the Dolphins get back to winning or his tenure as an NFL HC might have a very short life span.  Stephen Ross has few moral scruples.  They can throw McDaniel under the proverbial bus.

That comment didn't bother me as much as what followed - the "I would never put a player in harms way" BS.  Such a disingenuous POS

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Even if you just look at his play just this season and ignore everything else, his "elite" stats mostly came from less than one half of football out of almost 4 games of play.  Almost half of his yards came from less than that one half of a football game. 6 of his 8 TDs came from less than that one half of a football game.  Out of just the 4 games played just this season you are calling him elite with less than one half of football body of work compared to his play in roughly 3.5 games.

I feel for Tua and hate the situation but your hype is unwarrented at least at this point.

I know this is a thread about his health. I wish him well, and he should probably retire. He's glass. But he probably won't.

But as for the words ELITE, and MVP regarding him: 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, teef said:

it was 3 games.  3.  trent edwards was being discussed as a possible mvp candidate the first 5 or so games of the season...so  yeah.

Lmao absolutely NO ONE was calling him an MVP candidate. Good lord that is some excessive level of revisionist history. 

He was playing well as a breakout game manager but his 232 ypg with 4 TD, 2 INT were no where near MVP status.  Good lord my man lol

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.