Sam Martin Appreciation

ArtVandalay

Can we take a moment to appreciate the performance of Sam Martin. Guy took an ugly situation and has turned it into a significant upgrade. 

Not only his performance in punting teams inside the 20 but also the enthusiasm he brings is great to see. Every time I hear a commentator mention his end over end punt style I take a drink. 

Excellent addition and lucky timing with the cut. Being a Chamionship contender allows you to be on the top of the list for veterans like this. 

• Like (+1) 15
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

It's really weird. It almost feels like he isn't actually part of the team because of the weird situation and because he wasn't with the team at all in the off season. I kind of forget about him because we punt so little, then he comes out and gets a good punt and I'm like "Hey! I remember you! Nice punt!"

He has been doing a great job. Kudos to him.

• Haha (+1) 1

His pregame ritual of booming some punts and aiming for inside the 10 (coffin corner), are ridiculously accurate.  We saw one late in the game yesterday...then of course the Ravens drove the field and made us sweat it out to the end.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'm curious as to how his punting will be when the weather turns bad, but as of now I'm very happy with his play.

Maybe he becomes a fit for next year.

I am sure the weather in Colorado he punted in and was a top end punter will be alot worse than what he sees in Buffalo

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I am sure the weather in Colorado he punted in and was a top end punter will be alot worse than what he sees in Buffalo

Denver winter weather is much milder than Buffalo.  I do get your point though.  I'm not doubting his skills, just hope he keeps performing.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

Denver winter weather is much milder than Buffalo.  I do get your point though.  I'm not doubting his skills, just hope he keeps performing.

Yeah kickers and Punters are a weird bunch, but I tend to have faith in Kickers and Punters that have worked in similar weather.  unlike signing a Haack from MIA and thinking he will be fine in Buffalo

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

While Ralph Wilson stadium has the worst weather out of any stadium

But he punted good in Denver so I’m sure he could punt good here

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.