Diggs has a message for Ravens fans

Process

13 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Jerry Hughes wasn't too shabby of a trade either

While a phenomenal trade, unfortunately the Hughes-era Bills, for the most part, were also-rans.

The Biscuit trade and Diggs trade coincide with the Bills' rise among the NFL hierarchy.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

And Diggs is a better, more important player himself since he got here. In fact Allen was why he was happy to come. Diggs does a lot to bring more out of Allen but Allen makes everybody on O better. I look forward to seeing him work more with  Shakir. I think their skill sets will complement nicely. Maybe very very nicely ala Brady\Edellman.

I'm hoping Shakir can be our version of Doug Baldwin.  

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, eball said:

While a phenomenal trade, unfortunately the Hughes-era Bills, for the most part, were also-rans.

The Biscuit trade and Diggs trade coincide with the Bills' rise among the NFL hierarchy.

Ok ok.....But THIS might be the best trade in the history of the NFL....

Former 1st-round NFL draft pick Aaron Maybin trades helmet and pads for brush and canvas – Baltimore Sun

• Haha (+1) 4

37 minutes ago, Einstein said:

That may be the best trade in Bills history.

What he has done for this franchise and Josh Allen's development is amazing.

To think that there were people on this board that were saying that we shouldn't give Diggs a contract extension. :death:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Crazy part is that it can be said for both sides.  A rare win win trade

42 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Crazy part is that it can be said for both sides.  A rare win win trade

10 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

To think that there were people on this board that were saying that we shouldn't give Diggs a contract extension. :death:

There were people that didnt even want Diggs when the trade was announced and thought Beane was stupid.  There was at least one poster that thought Beane was stupid for extending Josh Allen when he did.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

42 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

We even locked eyes for a minute. I waved. He waved. It was pretty cool. We waved hands, we touched hearts. Our bond will never be broken. 

(Sniff) That’s beautiful, you big lug. I wish I had talked to you before I wrote my crappy wedding vows. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

The Diggs trade had a lot of hype and expectations, but not nearly as much as what happened when Terrell Owens came to buffalo.  It was so bad when Owens came, the response was literally embarrassing.  Buffalo gave Owens the key to the city for cryin out loud.

And in reality, Diggs has meant 10X as much to this org than Owens could ever have dreamed of. 

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Could be the best trade we have made, and one of my favorite all time players.  My dog is named Diggs even.  

But TBH, I hate this narrative of what he did for Josh Allens development as if it implies Josh developed into what he is because of Diggs.  

Allen was already making VAST improvements in short periods of time, going back to before the combine even, and before Diggs got here.  No doubt, Diggs has been invaluable to this team and to Josh, but I think it short changes Josh in how much work he put in to become this great.  His drive to be the best player he can be may be unmatched in the NFL even.    

Diggs or no Diggs, Allen was reaching this level regardless.  

People (media) tend to forget that John Brown, Cole Beasley, and Diggs ALL had career years once the came to Buffalo. Josh was happening regardless. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Best trade is either Diggs or Cornelius Bennett at least since the early 80s

I’d lean towards Bennett. Diggs is a key piece, but the acquisition of Bennett changed the balance of power in the AFC East, whereas I feel Allen’s development and Brady’s departure from the division was the major cause this time around. That’s taking nothing away from Diggs in the least. He’s a beast in his own right. 

32 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

There were people that didnt even want Diggs when the trade was announced and thought Beane was stupid.  There was at least one poster that thought Beane was stupid for extending Josh Allen when he did.

Where do we get these fans from?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.