A Few Thoughts About the Ravens Game, in no particular order

Virgil

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.

1 - Stadium Experience - Living in Baltimore made attending this game a no-brainer.  I recently discovered a light rail that comes every 10-20 and is $4 round trip.  Considering most parking is $40+ and traffic can be terrible, this made the experience so much better than in the past.  I was well prepared with rain gear, so I didn't get noticed as a Bills fan much.  Those who did notice, didn't seem to care.  I was surprised to see how much the threat of rain hurt attendance.  Tickets for lower bowl were $400 a week prior, but down to almost $75 on game day.  The upper deck was half full, and that may be generous.  In our section, we had some guys who tailgated a bit too hard, and watching the range of emotion on them as the game transpired was entertaining in itself.  I do appreciate the large hallways where the food is, but can't understand how an Italian Sausage is $5 less than in Buffalo.  They also do a great job of representing local restaurants in the stadium.  $16 for a tall cider is a bit much though.  From a game flow perspective, I was surprised when I saw the box score at home.  Obviously, we shut them out in the second half and came all the way back, but it felt like Lamar had way more yards in the second half than he did.  It really felt like the Ravens were going to put it away at any moment, but couldn't finish

2 - Questions - Not my normal format, but people don't typically read these whole things, so might as well ask now.  On the very first drive with the INT, who's fault was that?  From the replay I saw, the ball may have been tipped AND it went through Knox's hands.  Is that correct?   Also, on the Lamar scramble for the first down that was reviewed and called a yard short, did he not get the ball past the sticks?  It was really tough to see what was going on for some of these plays and the replays in the stadium were less than stellar.

3 - Take away their favorite Toy - In typical Hoodie 🤢fashion, the Bills have done a great job of shutting down the opposing teams favorite weapon.  Against the Dolphins, Hill was non-existent.  In this game, you almost never heard Mark Andrews name get called.  I was worried about him having a big day against us as I didn't know who was possibly going to cover him.  At times, it was comical to see TJ follow him around because of the size difference.  Overall, while the defense did a great job in coverage with everyone, I was surprised to see how little Lamar even targeted Andrews.  I saw a lot of post game comments about how the Bills D threw out a lot of confusing looks, but still.  Just a great job with making Andrews a non-factor.

4 - Lately, I've been thinking it's just someone else's job to care
Who am I to sympathize when no one gave a damn?
I've been thinking it's just someone else's job to care
Who am I to wanna try?

5 - Refs - I promise, I will get to the good stuff soon, but holy crap were these guys terrible.  I'm going to have to watch the replay of this game to make sure I'm not crazy, but there were a bunch of calls I saw on the screen that looks like they missed.  However, the lack of holding calls against the the Ravens OT's was insane.  There were multiple times where you could see the Bills DE being dragged to the ground, holding up their other arm, and getting their jerseys spun around.  It was really, REALLY bad.  I don't know how these weren't called and it was beyond "letting them play."

6 - Receivers - I know the ball was wet and we cleaned it up a bunch in the second half.  Seriously, Diggs, Shakir, and Knox all made beautiful sideline catches during the comeback.  However, I am getting really concerned with Knox and Davis.  It seems like both didn't commit to some catches, tried making body catches, or just got physically outplayed by the defender.  Similar to last year, Davis appears to be hurt and he's a mere shell of himself out there.  It's to the point where he might be better resting, as he doesn't seem to pose a threat at all.  Knox, I have no idea what's going on there.  I get that we are using him to block a lot, but still.  I don't get the contract if this is how we are going to use him.  I know Josh has a lot of faith in him, but from my seats, Knox killed that first drive.  With injuries as they are, and I'm not a trade guy, but I wonder if Beane should be making calls.  I heard someone mention DJ Moore from Carolina as a target and I think he'd be perfect here.  I don't think we can rely on OBJ bouncing back, maintaining his form, and learning the offense quick enough to be a real factor this season.

7- Interior Defensive Line - Was anyone else concerned at the massive holes being opened up down the middle by the Ravens offensive line?  I knew our pass rush up the middle would suffer without Oliver and Phillips, but I figured Settle and Jones would be able to take up space.  There were a few plays were it was like the red sea parted.  We were useless on short yardage rushing situations (again, until when it mattered in the end).  Just a minor concern here, but noticeable.  I can't wait to get Jordan and Ed back.

8 - Dorsey/Kromer - I know I keep going negative, and I'm sorry, but it's what I saw.  Our play calling for running plays, and subsequent blocking support is getting worse each game it seems.  After the first Poyer interception, Dorsey called some terrible plays and basically wasted the opportunity.  Yes, Dorsey also gets credit for the winning drive, which was perfect, but the run play calling was terrible.  I was hopeful after the Rams game, as we showed so many different looks.  But now, it's shotgun handoffs between the G/T for no gain on second down.  There's no creativity, no push up front, nothing.  Where's the jet sweep?  Where's the toss play?  Where's anything else?  The Chiefs right now are scary on offense because they are finding a rushing attack that you have to respect.  Right now, I don't know if we could run the ball if the defense only had 3 in the box.

9 - The Tampa Affect - As we came back in this game, all I could think about was the Bucs game from last year.  The Bills were a shell of their former selves that season and couldn't really get anything going until halftime at the Bucs game.  While we didn't win that game, our offense finally woke up and we were a different team after.  Granted, I thought we'd come out swinging after the Dolphins loss, but I was insta-depressed to see the same crappy execution in the first quarter of this game.  The Ravens seemed faster, hit harder, and actually wanted to be on the field.  We gave up another short field turnover and were down 20-3 early.  However, we have Josh and that man doesn't go down easily.  To see this team pull themselves back together and execute at the level they did...Wow.  It wasn't an explosive performance nor all at once.  It almost felt like the Patriots Superbowl comeback, slow and steady.  Either way, just an amazing job by the defense to mostly keep Lamar contained (Seriously, what was the spy plan?)  Poyer continues to earn more money on that extension.  And many guys made the most of their opportunities; I'm looking at you Hamlin and Shakir.  Hopefuly, this will carry over into our next game, we can get up by 21 so Cook can get more carries and confidence.  I'm sorry, but he's just killing me right now for a 2nd round pick.  He played at Georgia, this shouldn't be too much for him.

10 - The Boys - There were moments when I wanted to walk onto the field an punch Edmunds in the face for running into blocks as if he got a bonus from it.  However, those moments weren't nearly as outstanding as the positive plays.  For a team that doesn't blitz, we sent our guys a few times and Edmunds was able to make some great plays in the backfield, solo even.  The blitzing didn't always hit home, and Lamar had way too much time and escape routes sometimes, but you can't argue with the end result.  Edmunds made some great tackles, covered the middle of the field well, and really is turning in some nice consecutive games.  Milano was just a stud.  I don't think he was fully healthy last year, because he was FAST out there.  Milano was a wrecking ball out there at times and should have had another interception on a really bizarre play.  I can't give enough credit to what this defense did, and the linebackers were a huge part of it.

11 - Bonus Random thoughts:

• The Ravens played mainly man cover-2 against us in the first half.  In the second, they adjusted to more of a Cover 1 at times.  While they had more guys in the box, that's when we started moving the ball a lot more.  It shouldn't work that way, but it did.  I love being able to see the whole field when at games, just to watch the coverages.  For the Bills, Lamar has proven he likes to throw deep down the middle, and we didn't give him that chance all game.  It was impressive how much we kept them to short field plays
  • Holding aside, Von and Groot were non-stop in this game and I expect more 7 sack games once Ed and Jordan are back.  Watching Lamar get swarmed at times felt great.  On Lamar's last interception, it was like a wall of defenders coming at him that only allowed him to back peddle and make a poor throw.
  • I was able to see the replay when I got home, but it didn't do this play justice. The sideline throw to Knox in the 4th was absolutely amazing.  Josh was on his back foot and put that ball on a perfect trajectory to Knox.  Seeing it live, my mouth dropped open.  For those there, please tell me you saw the same thing
  • Special teams has to get a game ball for all facets of their play.  In wet conditions, they were perfect and a difference maker
  • Before you gang up on me, Josh is Josh.  He doesn't need a thought every single week.  He was a little off again on crossing routes, but really pulled it together on the comeback.  Seeing the Ravens fans get quieted by some of Josh's runs was hysterical.  The Bills fans in my section kept saying "Yeah, we got one of them too."
  • The conversation of when it's appropriate to stand really hit in this game.  In the lower section, we were the only area standing almost the entire game.  Why?  Because of 5 Bills fans.  A pair of 2 in one row, and a group of 3 in another refused to sit down, making everyone behind them have to stand to see the field.  I was embarrassed by them, as they didn't seem to care about their surroundings at all.  I get big plays and whatnot, but when you are literally the only people standing around you, read the room.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 15
  • Awesome! (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 9

Did you have too many ciders in the second half?  Lol!

Ravens only had 1 drive in the 2nd half that gained more than 23 yards, their final one that went 14 plays and 93 yards...the other 3 drives were 3 plays for -5, 5 plays for 18 and 7 plays for 23.  Their 2nd half possessions were Punt, Punt, INT, INT.

In terms of question #2, I am not sure it was really anyone's "fault" per se, it was just a good play by the Ravens...Calais Campbell tipped the ball at the LOS which sent it slightly off trajectory and Humphrey came off Diggs to make a play on the ball that was off-line.  

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

I wonder if Ravens fans are thinking that we have their number on critical goal-to-go situations.

In the playoff game a couple of years ago, it looked like they were about to tie the game just as the third quarter came to an end.  Instead, they got the single worst possible result imaginable -- a pick-6 that more or less ended the game.  

Yesterday was pretty much the same.  On 4th down, a pick-6 actually wasn't the worst result imaginable -- in that case, at least Baltimore would have gotten the ball back with a solid chance to tie it up and force OT.  The worst imaginable result was a turnover that gave us a touchback instead of starting at the 4 yard line, followed by a clock-killing drive that ends the game without them ever getting the ball back, and that's exactly what happened.

I have a feeling we'd be talking about that if the shoe was on the other foot.

• Like (+1) 6

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

You really don't understand LB play at all

I understand freeing up space, assuming protections, and possum blocks enough to know that you don't run directly into a blocker who is clearly coming to the next level for you.  He overall did great, but still had a few plays where he allowed himself to disappear from the play completely. 

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Did you have too many ciders in the second half?  Lol!

Ravens only had 1 drive in the 2nd half that gained more than 23 yards, their final one that went 14 plays and 93 yards...the other 3 drives were 3 plays for -5, 5 plays for 18 and 7 plays for 23.  Their 2nd half possessions were Punt, Punt, INT, INT.

That's why I said it felt that way, even though they didn't do anything.  The time of possession for the Ravens really threw me off.  Made it feel different than it was

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Regarding your questions...

Ball was tipped near the line of scrimmage and Knox made a very strange effort at it. Maybe the tip had him leaning one way and was trying to lean back the other way - but wasn't a very good looking play for him trying to adjust.

Lamar's was close, and depended on your interpretation of exactly when/where you spot the ball when flying out of bounds. I think he probably had it, but glad they didn't overturn.

1 minute ago, BillsFanSD said:

I wonder if Ravens fans are thinking that we have their number on critical goal-to-go situations.

In the playoff game a couple of years ago, it looked like they were about to tie the game just as the third quarter came to an end.  Instead, they got the single worst possible result imaginable -- a pick-6 that more or less ended the game.  

Yesterday was pretty much the same.  On 4th down, a pick-6 actually wasn't the worst result imaginable -- in that case, at least Baltimore would have gotten the ball back with a solid chance to tie it up and force OT.  The worst imaginable result was a turnover that gave us a touchback instead of starting at the 4 yard line, followed by a clock-killing drive that ends the game without them ever getting the ball back, and that's exactly what happened.

I have a feeling we'd be talking about that if the shoe was on the other foot.

It was hilarious when you watch the replay of the Singletary run as everyone except one player on the Baltimore D was on the same page to let him score...in fact the one Raven defender let Singletary go by him and actually gave him a push towards the end zone, then the guy came over to tackle him and you see Campbell I believe putting his hands to his head in disbelief after the tackle as if to say "Bro, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?"

Singletary appeared to go down on his own as well tho, so I am pretty sure he was not trying to score, he kinda turtled when the guy came to tackle him instead of trying to drive through it.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Virgil said:

I understand freeing up space, assuming protections, and possum blocks enough to know that you don't run directly into a blocker who is clearly coming to the next level for you.  He overall did great, but still had a few plays where he allowed himself to disappear from the play completely. 

I'm sure you enjoyed the Milano tfl on the goal line. That's only possible because Edmunds does his job meeting the lead blocker in the hole and forcing the bounce outside.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Thanks, nice read as usual, and sadly some folk don’t know how to act in public, it’s even worse when it’s our own tribe…, 

• Like (+1) 4

On the last INT it was Shaq who ended up forcing it by literally powering through a hold that wasn't called to get in his face and then was joined by the other defender from the right(Groot maybe).  

Without Shaq, Jackson has an easy escape to his left and likely walks into the endzone

Honestly, I don't really think a spy works on Jackson...he is simply too fast and can just run away from the player spying on him.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

24 minutes ago, Virgil said:

8 - Dorsey/Kromer - I know I keep going negative, and I'm sorry, but it's what I saw.  Our play calling for running plays, and subsequent blocking support is getting worse each game it seems.  After the first Poyer interception, Dorsey called some terrible plays and basically wasted the opportunity.  Yes, Dorsey also gets credit for the winning drive, which was perfect, but the run play calling was terrible.  I was hopeful after the Rams game, as we showed so many different looks.  But now, it's shotgun handoffs between the G/T for no gain on second down.  There's no creativity, no push up front, nothing.  Where's the jet sweep?  Where's the toss play?  Where's anything else?  The Chiefs right now are scary on offense because they are finding a rushing attack that you have to respect.  Right now, I don't know if we could run the ball if the defense only had 3 in the box.

What were some of the concepts we ran and why were they not creative? It's hard to take the word of someone saying we're not creative when the concepts are described as "shotgun runs up the middle".

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.

1 - Stadium Experience - Living in Baltimore made attending this game a no-brainer.  I recently discovered a light rail that comes every 10-20 and is $4 round trip.  Considering most parking is $40+ and traffic can be terrible, this made the experience so much better than in the past.  I was well prepared with rain gear, so I didn't get noticed as a Bills fan much.  Those who did notice, didn't seem to care.  I was surprised to see how much the threat of rain hurt attendance.  Tickets for lower bowl were $400 a week prior, but down to almost $75 on game day.  The upper deck was half full, and that may be generous.  In our section, we had some guys who tailgated a bit too hard, and watching the range of emotion on them as the game transpired was entertaining in itself.  I do appreciate the large hallways where the food is, but can't understand how an Italian Sausage is $5 less than in Buffalo.  They also do a great job of representing local restaurants in the stadium.  $16 for a tall cider is a bit much though.  From a game flow perspective, I was surprised when I saw the box score at home.  Obviously, we shut them out in the second half and came all the way back, but it felt like Lamar had way more yards in the second half than he did.  It really felt like the Ravens were going to put it away at any moment, but couldn't finish

2 - Questions - Not my normal format, but people don't typically read these whole things, so might as well ask now.  On the very first drive with the INT, who's fault was that?  From the replay I saw, the ball may have been tipped AND it went through Knox's hands.  Is that correct?   Also, on the Lamar scramble for the first down that was reviewed and called a yard short, did he not get the ball past the sticks?  It was really tough to see what was going on for some of these plays and the replays in the stadium were less than stellar.

3 - Take away their favorite Toy - In typical Hoodie 🤢fashion, the Bills have done a great job of shutting down the opposing teams favorite weapon.  Against the Dolphins, Hill was non-existent.  In this game, you almost never heard Mark Andrews name get called.  I was worried about him having a big day against us as I didn't know who was possibly going to cover him.  At times, it was comical to see TJ follow him around because of the size difference.  Overall, while the defense did a great job in coverage with everyone, I was surprised to see how little Lamar even targeted Andrews.  I saw a lot of post game comments about how the Bills D threw out a lot of confusing looks, but still.  Just a great job with making Andrews a non-factor.

4 - Lately, I've been thinking it's just someone else's job to care
Who am I to sympathize when no one gave a damn?
I've been thinking it's just someone else's job to care
Who am I to wanna try?

5 - Refs - I promise, I will get to the good stuff soon, but holy crap were these guys terrible.  I'm going to have to watch the replay of this game to make sure I'm not crazy, but there were a bunch of calls I saw on the screen that looks like they missed.  However, the lack of holding calls against the the Ravens OT's was insane.  There were multiple times where you could see the Bills DE being dragged to the ground, holding up their other arm, and getting their jerseys spun around.  It was really, REALLY bad.  I don't know how these weren't called and it was beyond "letting them play."

6 - Receivers - I know the ball was wet and we cleaned it up a bunch in the second half.  Seriously, Diggs, Shakir, and Knox all made beautiful sideline catches during the comeback.  However, I am getting really concerned with Knox and Davis.  It seems like both didn't commit to some catches, tried making body catches, or just got physically outplayed by the defender.  Similar to last year, Davis appears to be hurt and he's a mere shell of himself out there.  It's to the point where he might be better resting, as he doesn't seem to pose a threat at all.  Knox, I have no idea what's going on there.  I get that we are using him to block a lot, but still.  I don't get the contract if this is how we are going to use him.  I know Josh has a lot of faith in him, but from my seats, Knox killed that first drive.  With injuries as they are, and I'm not a trade guy, but I wonder if Beane should be making calls.  I heard someone mention DJ Moore from Carolina as a target and I think he'd be perfect here.  I don't think we can rely on OBJ bouncing back, maintaining his form, and learning the offense quick enough to be a real factor this season.

7- Interior Defensive Line - Was anyone else concerned at the massive holes being opened up down the middle by the Ravens offensive line?  I knew our pass rush up the middle would suffer without Oliver and Phillips, but I figured Settle and Jones would be able to take up space.  There were a few plays were it was like the red sea parted.  We were useless on short yardage rushing situations (again, until when it mattered in the end).  Just a minor concern here, but noticeable.  I can't wait to get Jordan and Ed back.

9 - The Tampa Affect - As we came back in this game, all I could think about was the Bucs game from last year.  The Bills were a shell of their former selves that season and couldn't really get anything going until halftime at the Bucs game.  While we didn't win that game, our offense finally woke up and we were a different team after.  Granted, I thought we'd come out swinging after the Dolphins loss, but I was insta-depressed to see the same crappy execution in the first quarter of this game.  The Ravens seemed faster, hit harder, and actually wanted to be on the field.  We gave up another short field turnover and were down 20-3 early.  However, we have Josh and that man doesn't go down easily.  To see this team pull themselves back together and execute at the level they did...Wow.  It wasn't an explosive performance nor all at once.  It almost felt like the Patriots Superbowl comeback, slow and steady.  Either way, just an amazing job by the defense to mostly keep Lamar contained (Seriously, what was the spy plan?)  Poyer continues to earn more money on that extension.  And many guys made the most of their opportunities; I'm looking at you Hamlin and Shakir.  Hopefuly, this will carry over into our next game, we can get up by 21 so Cook can get more carries and confidence.  I'm sorry, but he's just killing me right now for a 2nd round pick.  He played at Georgia, this shouldn't be too much for him.

10 - The Boys - There were moments when I wanted to walk onto the field an punch Edmunds in the face for running into blocks as if he got a bonus from it.  However, those moments weren't nearly as outstanding as the positive plays.  For a team that doesn't blitz, we sent our guys a few times and Edmunds was able to make some great plays in the backfield, solo even.  The blitzing didn't always hit home, and Lamar had way too much time and escape routes sometimes, but you can't argue with the end result.  Edmunds made some great tackles, covered the middle of the field well, and really is turning in some nice consecutive games.  Milano was just a stud.  I don't think he was fully healthy last year, because he was FAST out there.  Milano was a wrecking ball out there at times and should have had another interception on a really bizarre play.  I can't give enough credit to what this defense did, and the linebackers were a huge part of it.

11 - Bonus Random thoughts:

• The Ravens played mainly man cover-2 against us in the first half.  In the second, they adjusted to more of a Cover 1 at times.  While they had more guys in the box, that's when we started moving the ball a lot more.  It shouldn't work that way, but it did.  I love being able to see the whole field when at games, just to watch the coverages.  For the Bills, Lamar has proven he likes to throw deep down the middle, and we didn't give him that chance all game.  It was impressive how much we kept them to short field plays
  • Holding aside, Von and Groot were non-stop in this game and I expect more 7 sack games once Ed and Jordan are back.  Watching Lamar get swarmed at times felt great.  On Lamar's last interception, it was like a wall of defenders coming at him that only allowed him to back peddle and make a poor throw.
  • I was able to see the replay when I got home, but it didn't do this play justice. The sideline throw to Knox in the 4th was absolutely amazing.  Josh was on his back foot and put that ball on a perfect trajectory to Knox.  Seeing it live, my mouth dropped open.  For those there, please tell me you saw the same thing
  • Special teams has to get a game ball for all facets of their play.  In wet conditions, they were perfect and a difference maker
  • Before you gang up on me, Josh is Josh.  He doesn't need a thought every single week.  He was a little off again on crossing routes, but really pulled it together on the comeback.  Seeing the Ravens fans get quieted by some of Josh's runs was hysterical.  The Bills fans in my section kept saying "Yeah, we got one of them too."
  • The conversation of when it's appropriate to stand really hit in this game.  In the lower section, we were the only area standing almost the entire game.  Why?  Because of 5 Bills fans.  A pair of 2 in one row, and a group of 3 in another refused to sit down, making everyone behind them have to stand to see the field.  I was embarrassed by them, as they didn't seem to care about their surroundings at all.  I get big plays and whatnot, but when you are literally the only people standing around you, read the room.

Go Bills!

The first INT was tipped.  Knox had to adjust and missed the catch and then the DB intercepted.  You can blame Knox but I wouldn't.  The Ravens made two great plays. 

Lamar was ruled short of the first down,  the replay could not dispute the call on the field -it was close.  Plays like this happen every game. 

Knox and Davis are banged up.  Knox made a few big plays.  

Settle and Jones have been excellent and really help to keep blockers off of Milano and Edmund (like Star was supposed to do).  Jones has been a steady stud that shows up every game.  We are not going to make every play, every time.  Especially short yardage defense against Lamar.  

The run play calling was NOT terrible.  The run blocking was indeed terrible and the runners were getting hit two yards deep in the backfield.  Like last year, we have mediocre interior OL that gets no push.  

Other teams actually have some good players and we are not going to win every game 41-7.  Our TD on the opening drive streak ended.  It could not last forever.  

Cook is a mystery.   He better work harder than he does.  

Edmund was excellent again.  Punch him in the face at your own risk.  

Sounds like you did not really enjoy being at the game and watching a come from behind win, in adverse conditions, on the road. 

It is all about the W.    

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Honestly, I don't really think a spy works on Jackson...he is simply too fast and can just run away from the player spying on him.

You're right.

They tried having Edmunds spy Lamar on a key 3rd down and Lamar just blew right by him. He's just too fast.

5 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

The first INT was tipped.  Knox had to adjust and missed the catch and then the DB intercepted.  You can blame Knox but I wouldn't.  The Ravens made two great plays. 

I think you may want to watch the play again (its tweeted above). Knox didn't really adjust at all. The ball tipped off his hand and right into the defenders arms. Wasn't a great play by the defender, he just kinda got lucky being in the right spot.

Edited by Einstein

12 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Yes it was tipped. 

It was actually the 2nd tip (Knox’s tip) that put the ball right into the defenders hands.

After seeing that, I'm less inclined to give Knox grief about his effort.  He was clearly going into jump and body catch (protect the ball) mode right as Campbell tipped that ball.  After that, it was like trying to hit a knuckleball.  Think the ball just fluttered away from him.  That was just a good play by Campbell and Humphrey.  It happens.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

What were some of the concepts we ran and why were they not creative? It's hard to take the word of someone saying we're not creative when the concepts are described as "shotgun runs up the middle".

I mean, what don’t you understand.  Would RPO out of the shotgun paint a better pic for you?

Shotgun, 12 personnel, run handoff up the middle….

31 minutes ago, Virgil said:

This is where I’m at Virgil. I will agree that Edmunds has been very good this year. This is also the story for most of his career as well. 

but it’s not the things he does well. It’s the few times you clearly see him not playing well. Getting swallowed up by blocks, taking bad angles, attacking the wrong gaps. And most of all, his lack of “splash” plays. Plays that you would expect out of your “pro bowl” middle LB. 

overall he has been very good. I just wish I didn’t see some of those negative plays. Especially in critical situations and that happens all too often. Almost like he is being singled out. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I mean, what don’t you understand.  Would RPO out of the shotgun paint a better pic for you?

Shotgun, 12 personnel, run handoff up the middle….

No, Inside Zone, Counter, Power, Duo, ISO, etc. That would paint a better picture for me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.