Jamison Crowder, reported with broken ankle

marck

57 minutes ago, Lost said:

I'm still baffled by the Cook and Bernard picks this offseason.   There were still WRs out there that looked good.

7 WR went between our original 2nd Round Pick and where we picked Khalil Shakir. 

We had the opportunity to select them with the James Cook or Terrel Bernard picks...

Which one of the guys is making a serious difference right now? You can make a case for Doubs...

• Velus Jones Jr. - Round 3, Pick 7
    • Out first 3 weeks due to lingering hamstring issue
    • Made his debut week 4
      • Played 0% of offensive snaps
      • Played 37% of special teams snaps
      • Lost 1 fumble

• Jalen Tolbert - Round 3, Pick 24
    • Healthy scratch week 1 and week 2
    • Made debut week 3
      • 1 catch for 4 yards
    • Healthy scratch again in week 4

• David Bell - Round 3, Pick 35
    • Played in 4 games
    • 4 receptions on 5 targets for 47 yards

• Danny Gray - Round 3, Pick 41
    • Healthy scratch week 1 because Shannahan needed ST players
    • Played 9% of offensive snaps week 2
    • Played 11% of offensive snaps week 3

• Romero Doubs - Round 4, Pick 27
    • 19/24 for 184 and 2 TD

• Calvin Austin - Round 4, Pick 33
    • Has yet to play a snap due to injury
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Shakir slides into his role pretty easily. 

I prefer Shakir more anyway and did before this week's game.  Shakir reminds me of a more athletic Beasley.  Crowder never impressed me and doesn't have the shiftiness of a Beasley or Shakir.

Crowder was always meh to me at Washington and with the Jets.  Not sure why we signed him anyway even though I wish him a speedy recovery.

Shakir just needs to remember to block when he's supposed to.

Edited by Billz4ever

28 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

7 WR went between our original 2nd Round Pick and where we picked Khalil Shakir. 

We had the opportunity to select them with the James Cook or Terrel Bernard picks...

Which one of the guys is making a serious difference right now? You can make a case for Doubs...

• Velus Jones Jr. - Round 3, Pick 7
    • Out first 3 weeks due to lingering hamstring issue
    • Made his debut week 4
      • Played 0% of offensive snaps
      • Played 37% of special teams snaps
      • Lost 1 fumble

• Jalen Tolbert - Round 3, Pick 24
    • Healthy scratch week 1 and week 2
    • Made debut week 3
      • 1 catch for 4 yards
    • Healthy scratch again in week 4

• David Bell - Round 3, Pick 35
    • Played in 4 games
    • 4 receptions on 5 targets for 47 yards

• Danny Gray - Round 3, Pick 41
    • Healthy scratch week 1 because Shannahan needed ST players
    • Played 9% of offensive snaps week 2
    • Played 11% of offensive snaps week 3

• Romero Doubs - Round 4, Pick 27
    • 19/24 for 184 and 2 TD

• Calvin Austin - Round 4, Pick 33
    • Has yet to play a snap due to injury

I have to admit that your argument is quite convincing Sir!

• BuffaloBill changed the title to Jamison Crowder, reported with broken ankle
2 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Wonder if someone like Robbie Anderson could be a possibility. Just spitballing names here

He's a $10.93 million dollar cap hit this season, even if that's prorated well past our cap room and worth another $21 million next season or a dead hit of $9 million. Way too much for us. 

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

The Davis injury is about as predictable as it gets… Dude hurts his ankle every year…. Same goes for Crowder injury.

Agree that Kumerow can fill in in a pinch. Long term? No way.

Which means he’s fine for 2022 as long as we don’t continue piling up WR injuries.  He might also be a fine backup for 2023 too.  He’s looked good this year.  Josh throwing him the ball will also help.  He might be putting in the work and improving.  He looks better than the past. 

a core of Diggs, Davis, Mckenzie and Shakir- with Kumerow as the 5th or 6th is solid-  as injuries mount, it will be up to Beane to keep the PS stocked with capable options.  Bryant, Emili and Brewer have been capable PS DTs that have stepped in and played solid throughout the year.  Hopefully Hodgins and anyone else we decide on can do the same.

18 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Which means he’s fine for 2022 as long as we don’t continue piling up WR injuries.  He might also be a fine backup for 2023 too.  He’s looked good this year.  Josh throwing him the ball will also help.  He might be putting in the work and improving.  He looks better than the past. 

a core of Diggs, Davis, Mckenzie and Shakir- with Kumerow as the 5th or 6th is solid-  as injuries mount, it will be up to Beane to keep the PS stocked with capable options.  Bryant, Emili and Brewer have been capable PS DTs that have stepped in and played solid throughout the year.  Hopefully Hodgins and anyone else we decide on can do the same.

Kumerow is fine - he has pretty good hands, is huge, pretty athletic and is a good blocker.  Find a team who's #6 WR is a polished dynamic superstar... 

2 minutes ago, Herb Nightly said:

Probably both 

One is probably a PS add - I'm curious who they add to the actual 53 when they IR crowder. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Who could have imagined that Jamison Crowder would miss a bunch of time with an injury this year after how remarkably durable he's been in the recent past and that Gabe Davis might re-aggrivate his boo-boo foot(for the 3rd year in a row, talk about unforeseeable bad luck, geez).

Absolutely no one around here was talking about either of these players experiencing injuries.  Or, that the team needed more WR help.   

No one.  :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The problem is Davis is unreliable. He’s either hurt, inconsistent or both. 

It’s an overrated group by Bills fans IMO and as we’ve seen the last few games the offense is basically the Josh Allen show…. They are void of one more playmaker to take the load off Allen. I think OBJ will very much be in play later in the season. 

Some of us were saying we need to upgrade outside WR.  Just a matter of how.  

Davis is officially a massive concern and justifies the Sanders signing last year.  I think it's health - but he played over 90% of the snaps v the Ravens.  

So he's either a warrior gutting it out - or injury prone and will often carry that liability.  Neither help us.  I mean this current injury was from a non contact play at a Saturday practice.  Wth is going on with his ankle?

And he isn't doing much to help his trade value at the moment come the off season if that's a route we choose because he'll wants a contract before year 4 like AJ Brown and we can't fit it under the cap and if he has constant ankle issues why would we commit long term with him

Lot of time left.  We know what he can do when healthy.  But man.  This is a 3rd season of injury.  

Edited by Big Blitz

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.