Jamison Crowder, reported with broken ankle

marck

42 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

He is about to be imprisoned in the middle east for the rest of his life.

One can only hope…, 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

THIS.  What happens if Diggs (God forbid!!!) were to get injured down the stretch....we'd be in trouble. 

The time to address this was the off-season. 

Going into the season being one injury away from Kumerow seeing 75% of snaps was idiotic.

• Agree 3

Just now, Process said:

The time to address this was the off-season. 

Going into the season being one injury away from Kumerow seeing 75% of snaps was idiotic.

Right. 

I'm still baffled by the Cook and Bernard picks this offseason.   There were still WRs out there that looked good.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

57 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Once this kid gets his feet wet he'll be better than Crowder. What's with Gabe? An ankle injury has nothing to do with dropped passes. Is it time to take a look at Hodgins?

Davis' bad wheel means he's not able to run routes at peak level and does not get the separation he had been. Hodgins doesn't have the wheels to get separation to begin with, but where Davis has historically had great hands, Hodgins has elite hands and high-pointing ability. He's just not a thick body type to fight through contact like a Mike Evans nor can he open up with speed like the more angular types like Ceedee Lamb. That's why he's on the PS. If the Bills can find a way to use his stregths as a Big Slot as we saw in preseason he can be productive, I think. 

Shakir is the first thought to replace Crowder in the slot and should get the first crack at it, but a platoon of quick & shifty, and then big & reliable could work pretty well, rather than 3 very similar guys in Crowder McKenzie and Shakir operating from the same point.

I feel like we will need a legit threat come playoff time. Davis may be hampered all season. And McK is more of a gadget guy and at best a slot than a #2. So if teams can take away Diggs we will struggle. OBJ is the best non-trade option. But we should be active at the trade deadline for some help. WR's are often deadline trade options. 

1 minute ago, Lost said:

Right. 

I'm still baffled by the Cook and Bernard picks this offseason.   There were still WRs out there that looked good.

I'm not baffled by Cook, Beane thought he had McKissic for the role but got punked by the Comanches. He reached for a substitute. I wonder about taking a better linebacker in the second, and not having to reach for one in the 3rd, and eschewing RB altogether would have led to a better roster since Blackshear looked like he earned the roster spot that Cook was gifted.

• Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

The way I see the OBJ situation is this: the man is an undoubted talent. There is also a reputation of being a headcase/diva. The most common way to get over that reputation is to sign on with a winner on a quick contract, show what you can do, keep your head down and mouth shut. And that's what he did with the Rams...only to be injured at the worst possible time.

But there's no reason to undo the formula. It makes too much sense to wait down the stretch for all sides. Teams want to make sure they are really competing for something AND have a need at the position. OBJ wants to make sure he picks a winner. 

Its not just OBJ, id check on Fuller, Sanu, Hilton, Humphries.

yea, all injury issues but talented nonetheless. 

20 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

if he is so elite, how come teams don't have him lined up for when he is over his injury? we dont need OBJ

He will go to a winner and is waiting for his best option. You can bank on him going to one of the playoff teams. He has nothing to gain going to the highest bidder if its not a good spot for him. 

I don't like seeing vets out for extended times although I was not happy with Crowder yesterday, way too many drops.  Maybe he could have been a solid vet as the seasons goes on.   Definitely a big drop from Cole Beasley as a slot receiver.  

He may be missed more as a punt returner.  

1 minute ago, Bob in STL said:

I don't like seeing vets out for extended times although I was not happy with Crowder yesterday, way too many drops.  Maybe he could have been a solid vet as the seasons goes on.   Definitely a big drop from Cole Beasley as a slot receiver.  

He may be missed more as a punt returner.  

That's where I am.  The Bills always had the luxury of Mr Hyde as their "break glass in emergency" PR guy

McKenzie is an Alka-Selzer moment waiting to happen as a PR guy.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

They could use Cook in a slot receiver role.

Cook better start learning his RB position first and take advantage of opportunities.  

There is a reason the coaches are not playing him.  With McDermott you have to earn it in practice.  

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

He makes plays He is on the practice squad every year because he can’t play special teams But Kumerow is out to so who cares

35 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

He makes plays in preseason. He makes a lot of contested catches that look good but it’s because he’s not getting separation. I’m not saying we can’t call him up and give him a shot but there’s reasons why he’s hasn’t been active

Don't know if Hodgins is the answer but I do believe he deserves a shot and the Pitt game would be a good opportunity considering we're favored by 14.

15 minutes ago, Lost said:

Right. 

Well, we did get one and his name is Khalil Shakir.  I think we were fine at wideout until the injury bug hit us.

The Cook pick looks baffling now, but we were all calling for a hybrid/3rd down back leading up to the draft.  It's early, but we might have just drafted the wrong guy.

And I'm okay with the Bernard pick.  He flashed in preseason and I suspect he's going to be a fan favorite down the road. He's just buried behind Edmunds and Milano at the moment.  As we've seen this year, injuries occur pretty frequently in this league and we know Milano has been nicked up and missed plenty of time in prior seasons.  As much as I hate to say it, it's likely just a matter of time before Bernard is seeing a couple of starts at LB.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.