Jamison Crowder, reported with broken ankle

marck

Just now, PrimeTime101 said:

we dont need OBJ. Did you see how Shakir toe tapped the sidelines? has anyone talked to you about the dudes speed 4.43 and reportedly he was sick that day? Digs is not getting any younger, we need to keep bringing up youth. Crowder has been a disappointment.

We need depth.  Shakir is a rookie, maybe he will be very good.  Youth? We need to WIN!!! OBJ is an elite player 

Just now, billsfan_34 said:

Was playing solid special teams

I felt like he was a steady punt returner. Made the catch and run, or the fair catch, or let it go, when appropriate. 

I think this is where they'll miss him most. 

Just now, Process said:

Oh yippee 

A couple of muffed punts from now you won't be so sarcastic about special teams play. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

if he is so elite, how come teams don't have him lined up for when he is over his injury? we dont need OBJ

You do realize that he is a free agent, right? He has the luxury of maximizing his market value. He's playing for his next contract, and playing half of the season on a dud team is not going to get him a big money offer.

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

if he is so elite, how come teams don't have him lined up for when he is over his injury? we dont need OBJ

I mean, it's been reported that there are five teams interested in him (including the Packers and Patriots) with the Rams being the frontrunner.  He proved last year that he can come in as an effective mercenary and not rock the boat on an established team.  

If by the time he's healthy we still have the same injury issues at WR, the team would be stupid to not reach out to him and gage his interest.

8 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

we dont need OBJ. Did you see how Shakir toe tapped the sidelines? has anyone talked to you about the dudes speed 4.43 and reportedly he was sick that day? Digs is not getting any younger, we need to keep bringing up youth. Crowder has been a disappointment.

The Bills currently as of today have TWO heathy WR's on the roster.

They need more than Shakir. 

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

Sucks for Crowder but its an opportunity for someone else.

OBJ realistically in play potentially now?

OBJ isn’t playing anywhere for at least two months, it’s a next man up situation, PS call up time. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

How do you know teams don’t have him lined up for when he’s over the injury?  

We may need OBj.  The season isn’t over and more injuries likely to occur.  Right now, I think we’ll be ok, but if Gabe doesn’t improve. If shakir gets hurt.  If Diggs gets hurt.  If mckenzie gets re-concussed.  We may need him

Just now, NewEra said:

How do you know teams don’t have him lined up for when he’s over the injury?  

We may need OBj.  The season isn’t over and more injuries likely to occur.  Right now, I think we’ll be ok, but if Gabe doesn’t improve. If shakir gets hurt.  If Diggs gets hurt.  If mckenzie gets re-concussed.  We may need him

THIS.  What happens if Diggs (God forbid!!!) were to get injured down the stretch....we'd be in trouble. 

2 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

The way I see the OBJ situation is this: the man is an undoubted talent. There is also a reputation of being a headcase/diva. The most common way to get over that reputation is to sign on with a winner on a quick contract, show what you can do, keep your head down and mouth shut. And that's what he did with the Rams...only to be injured at the worst possible time.

But there's no reason to undo the formula. It makes too much sense to wait down the stretch for all sides. Teams want to make sure they are really competing for something AND have a need at the position. OBJ wants to make sure he picks a winner. 

5 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

This ^^

It would be one thing if we had a dynamic TE that could get separation or make consistent contested catches.   Knox has been underwhelming since his contract renewal.  That and no run game.  This team may be good enough to get us into the playoffs but I have doubts as to whether we can take out teams like KC in January.  They just have more tools right now.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.