Jamison Crowder, reported with broken ankle

marck

• BuffaloBill changed the title to Jamison Crowder, reported with Broken ankle

Sucks but not overly surprising...Crowder while a very good player consistently gets injured and misses a bunch of games seemingly every year.

Not a season ending injury, should be back for the back half of the season I'd assume and worst case a few games before the playoffs.

Just now, Process said:

Feel for him, but the injuries to him and Kumerow could be a blessing in disguise. Maybe it forces Beane to make a move for someone that can actually be a difference maker on offense. 

Or at least we will get to see Shakir. McDermott is a good coach, but I don't trust him to play our best players on offense on his own. 

McDermott does not control who plays on offense.

We had lot of luck when it came to injuries last year, even though people here were heavily arguing otherwise. Not so much this year. We need to fight through it nd get/be healthy as much as possible in the playoffs.

As for Crowder, something like this was expected after news about him yesterday. Hopefully McKenzie will be good to go. Either way, let Davis sit, call Hodgins and Austin from PS, let Shakir, Knox and RBs play a lot vs Steelers, and get healthy for Chiefs. And no I am not looking past Steelers, but Davis needs some rest.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Once this kid gets his feet wet he'll be better than Crowder. What's with Gabe? An ankle injury has nothing to do with dropped passes. Is it time to take a look at Hodgins?

No, it’s not time to look at Hodgins. He’s a fringe NFL player who struggles getting separation. He’s where he should be. 

Im not worried about Gabe.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

maybe a practice squad call up for the game, but Tre White might just slot into the empty roster space.

That is exactly what I thought - they can call up Austin or Hodgins from the PS, but use the roster spot for White.  Then see where we are next week.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.